Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2016, 8:55 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Wow. Shocking how far downhill this place has gone.

Requested High Room - on a good suite rate. Arrive room is trashed on 7th floor. Smells like weed and has hair and dirt in the tub area(like someone washed a dog and left). Literal writing on the wall in a few Rooms? Tub won't drain sink won't drain. Engineer is creepy and eyeing my girlfriend The nice light control doesn't work right cause standard switches exsist for a few random lights meaning all off involves running around the room.

Called down for breakfast hours 6-11 great! get down at 1030 no sorry just told to leave. No coffee pots in room. Room service won't bring coffee too room. Lobby coffee is out. KILL ME I need coffee.

Try to early check out and bite the bullet and move to 5th. Basically was told even on a refundable rate they have a 2 night early departure fee.

No diamond acknlowdgement or amenity offer.

Oh yeah and the glasses in the room have wierd brown flecks all over them. Gross!

Sucks
Old Oct 10, 2016, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by footastic
Wow. Shocking how far downhill this place has gone.

Requested High Room - on a good suite rate. Arrive room is trashed on 7th floor. Smells like weed and has hair and dirt in the tub area(like someone washed a dog and left). Literal writing on the wall in a few Rooms? Tub won't drain sink won't drain. Engineer is creepy and eyeing my girlfriend The nice light control doesn't work right cause standard switches exsist for a few random lights meaning all off involves running around the room.

Called down for b hireakfast hours 6-11 great! get down at 1030 no sorry just told to leave. No coffee pots in room. Room service won't bring coffee too room. Lobby coffee is out. KILL ME I need coffee.

Try to early check out and bite the bullet and move to 5th. Basically was told even on a refundable rate they have a 2 night early departure fee.

No diamond acknlowdgement or amenity offer.

Oh yeah and the glasses in the room have wierd brown flecks all over them. Gross!

Sucks
Have you tried contacting the diamond line?
Old Oct 10, 2016, 9:46 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Have you tried contacting the diamond line?
Yeah. No manager on duty at hotel to superceede the policy. Diamond line was super apollogetic. Probably will bite th Bullet and pay the early departure fee
Old Oct 10, 2016, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
I'm booked here in November for one night with a DSU applied. Hyatt Place Midtown is the same price, and the GH is $18 more. Seriously thinking about switching, although I like the Andaz location better as I'll be spending most of my time in the Village and Brooklyn.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 9:48 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
A few updates: I asked for the green juice at Dina Rata this morning (it was on the printed menu in my room). I was told they "don't make it anymore."

At checkout I asked about the mini-bar and was told they now provide only a granola bar and chocolate bar - no chips, that they will follow up with the front desk person who gave me wrong info. The guy at the front desk also told me they have a new GM, Tim Meyer, that Rusty is gone, that customer service has been an issue and we should see changes for the better. Hmmm
Old Oct 10, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: UAL 1K MM, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by footastic
Yeah. No manager on duty at hotel to superceede the policy. Diamond line was super apollogetic. Probably will bite th Bullet and pay the early departure fee
Try to get the email for Tim Meyer (SP). I plan to do that.

BTW I think I may have seen you guys try to go to breakfast this morning and get turned away.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Pinky
.....that customer service has been an issue and we should see changes for the better. Hmmm
I have heard this line for many years.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 1:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
A few updates: I asked for the green juice at Dina Rata this morning (it was on the printed menu in my room). I was told they "don't make it anymore."

At checkout I asked about the mini-bar and was told they now provide only a granola bar and chocolate bar - no chips, that they will follow up with the front desk person who gave me wrong info. The guy at the front desk also told me they have a new GM, Tim Meyer, that Rusty is gone, that customer service has been an issue and we should see changes for the better. Hmmm
Green juice is bottled, externally sourced; they don't make them. And yes, it is/was pretty good. Guess why it's gone?

At the rate they're going, my guess is Harney and Sons tea will be gone soon, to be replaced with lipton or dried grass (if available) from battery park.

I guess if the rate is <$100 it might make for a good mattress run where you don't even bother going up to the room. Though personally I would just visit the HR Greenwich instead.
Old Oct 11, 2016, 5:46 pm

I don't think anyone would have expected the physical plant of the hotel to hold up well. The particle board bedroom fixtures aren't going to hold up to housekeeping, the bathroom floors are going to buckle after repeatedly getting wet and the wall coverings scratch easily. Wall & Water was for a time a great place for breakfast, brunch, (never had lunch) and dinner many times. I don't know if Dina Rata translates into anything but "poor breakfast" would be the most generous one.

Last edited by speedytimmy; Oct 12, 2016 at 6:40 pm
Old Oct 11, 2016, 6:06 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Try to get the email for Tim Meyer (SP). I plan to do that.

BTW I think I may have seen you guys try to go to breakfast this morning and get turned away.
Yeah. Specifically asked when we checked in if it went to 10:30 or 11:00 - turned away at 10:33.

Hyatt made it right - gave me points for the charged night. Moved to park Hyatt and they pushed a suite upgrade.

So far this stay at PHNY is much better than previously.

Never have had great service at andaz but that was a notch below the expectations
Old Oct 12, 2016, 2:32 pm

Jonathan Frolich should get rid of this property ASAP. It just doesn't work anymore.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Anyone have any suggestions for a late night bite around the hotel?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by lalala
Anyone have any suggestions for a late night bite around the hotel?
Japanese restaurant across the street has a very nice happy hour and good food

Haru Sushi

https://goo.gl/maps/QpZvhPSX8AH2
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Japanese restaurant across the street has a very nice happy hour and good food

Haru Sushi

https://goo.gl/maps/QpZvhPSX8AH2
Many thanks.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by lalala
Many thanks.
you are welcome!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.