Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 9:19 pm

Just noticed this property charges a $25 daily destination fee now. Any globalists with experiences with getting this waived?
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Just noticed this property charges a $25 daily destination fee now. Any globalists with experiences with getting this waived?
Ridiculous. This location is probably the least destination worthy of all the NYC properties.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 6:39 am

If you are a Globalist you will have these charges waived. It’s the policy, and if you have any issues (unlikely) escalate it.

On on the flipside, you may still get the benefits and sometimes there are some good ones like the $15/day convenience store-like credit at the Grand Hyatt....
Old Nov 3, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by lighthouse206

If you are a Globalist you will have these charges waived. It’s the policy, and if you have any issues (unlikely) escalate it.

On on the flipside, you may still get the benefits and sometimes there are some good ones like the $15/day convenience store-like credit at the Grand Hyatt....
How does this happen, exactly, since when we make the bookings, the fee is in the "contracted" price? I.e., do we say something at check-in? Check-out?
Old Nov 3, 2018, 2:00 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
How does this happen, exactly, since when we make the bookings, the fee is in the "contracted" price? I.e., do we say something at check-in? Check-out?
It should happen automagically, just like resort fees disappear for Globalists, even though they show in the confirmation. It probably doesn't hurt to ask about it at check-in, particularly if there's some benefit that might be useful, such as the luggage storage or $15 market credit at GHNY.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 3:21 pm

What about the prepaid/nonrefundable rates? We get charged that upfront. How does that work?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:28 am

Globalist, who booked via a third party (expedia). What do you think are our chances we get waived the resort fee?
(WOH conditions say "normally" one is not entiteld to WOH-benefits but from what I read for other experiences, that does not seem to be the case all the time... Breakfast, upgrade..)

any experience for the ANDAZ wall street how they handle Globalists benefits from third party bookings?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Globalist, who booked via a third party (expedia). What do you think are our chances we get waived the resort fee?
(WOH conditions say "normally" one is not entiteld to WOH-benefits but from what I read for other experiences, that does not seem to be the case all the time... Breakfast, upgrade..)

any experience for the ANDAZ wall street how they handle Globalists benefits from third party bookings?
You booked a package through Expedia (and pre-paid Expedia for the package including hotel), or, you just used Expedia as a travel agency to make a hotel reservation and will be paying them directly?

Because. . . .it has historically made a difference.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by jayer
You booked a package through Expedia (and pre-paid Expedia for the package including hotel), or, you just used Expedia as a travel agency to make a hotel reservation and will be paying them directly?

Because. . . .it has historically made a difference.
I see, thank you, we booked a package, guess that does not improve chances. Is this your experience for the ANDAZ WS or in general?
Old Nov 22, 2018, 6:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
What about the prepaid/nonrefundable rates? We get charged that upfront. How does that work?
When you check out the provide the final bill, and assuming you didn't spend anything will refund the resort fee the the CC that pre-paid the resort fee.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 10:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by pedaldancer73
That's not at all what the T&C say. The T&C state that members are only entitled to benefits on an Eligible Rate (or award stay), and specifically exclude benefits on an "Ineligible Rate":
In the event that an elite Member is staying under an Ineligible Rate (other than as part of redeeming a Free Night Award), (s)he will not be provided any In-hotel Benefits for that stay.
If you purchased through Expedia, you have an Ineligible Rate.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 6:54 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
Is this a Hyatt Prive property? Do yo I get $100 or $50 credit, and what’s the breakfast like?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by bluegatorade
Is this a Hyatt Prive property? Do yo I get $100 or $50 credit, and what’s the breakfast like?
Yes it's definitely a Prive property. I'm told it's a $100 credit (to be confirmed when I stay). Not staying here until 2019 so I can't comment on breakfast until then.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by bluegatorade
Once upon a time, the b'fast was pretty good, in the sense of very strong value for money.

That was then. Nowadays, I would say that it is about reasonable Hyatt Regency level. Service ranges from good to kooky. The bagels, which I think they get from a good place down the street, are pretty good. Some times the scrambled eggs are good, sometimes they are less good. Somewhat impressionistic, but my sense is that range and quality of berries and cheeses has been on the decline.

Basically, if the breakfast is coming with the deal (Global or Visa whatever), then, sure, it's fine. If you are using cash or credit, then I would say it should be a gametime decision.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
When it first opened as the first Hyatt Andaz, they served breakfast in the 2nd floor restaurant called Wall and Water. It was by far the best in US Hyatt breakfast at the time. They did all the farm to table stuff and the Sunday Brunch was awesome, all covered by Diamond benefits. I earned a load of free nights from stay 2 and get 1 and took friends to stay here (4 rooms). Our breakfast bill was over $500 and all wiped off our bill. Those were the days (after the financial meltdown). Now the breakfast is just a shadow of itself. I think the African American waiter there is the same one when the Andaz first opened. Not 100% sure though.

And now hear Andaz 5th is going the same by closing its restaurant. Sad!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.