Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2021, 8:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jayer
I'm hoping for refurbishment. Quirky but I liked the place, and a good price point if you need an Andaz stay. But my sense is unless hotel travel comes roaring back this summer like nobody expects it to . . . .
In a city where hotels have been decimated, would make sense financial district properties have been particularly hard hit (and may be last to recover).
Old May 27, 2021, 3:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Be careful what you wish(ed) for ...

You. What you wished for. Not me.

Because, FWIW, this place is now bookable from 1 September 2021, but without those sub-$200 weekend rates that made the place so dear to me. Now member minimums are $272/night, which is about what you would expect for a place that invested some money in fixing some of its run-down physical features. Which, for the old $138-a-night on weekends, I could happily ignore.
Old May 27, 2021, 4:34 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries

Because, FWIW, this place is now bookable from 1 September 2021, but without those sub-$200 weekend rates that made the place so dear to me. Now member minimums are $272/night, which is about what you would expect for a place that invested some money in fixing some of its run-down physical features. Which, for the old $138-a-night on weekends, I could happily ignore.
Agree Big Fries
the rates are sky high here as well as Grand Hyatt New York all near 300
non globs have to shell out their destination fees too
As much as I like both hotels they are in bad enough condition to not justify the premium
Safly I will be booking with other brands at lower rates in better condition
Think they are trying to make up for lost time and revenue?
If you really want to choke the New Centric in NYC is asking 616 per night plus tax etc Thanksgiving weekend
Perhaps they think they are a Park Hyatt?

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; May 27, 2021 at 4:44 pm
Old May 27, 2021, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I came into this thread looking for the obit on this place.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 1:36 pm

Is it still a good deal for a sub-200 suite? For globalist it's 220 after tax.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HALL1C
Most dates I've seen for this property are in the $300+ range for a standard room. When do you see suites for <$200?
Old Jul 18, 2021, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Most dates I've seen for this property are in the $300+ range for a standard room. When do you see suites for <$200?
For example, Jan 1st 2022 you can find an Andaz Suite for $192 (standard room $160)
Old Jul 18, 2021, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
For example, Jan 1st 2022 you can find an Andaz Suite for $192 (standard room $160)
$192 for a 600+ sq ft suite in New York is a pretty good deal.

January is definitely low season, but looking at pricing for other Hyatts in the area around those dates (Gild Hall, 50 Bowery, Beekman), the $192 rate is pretty great for a guaranteed suite.

If you're not short on TSUs then I would probably pay a little more (~$30 a night) and book into the Beekman and use a TSU to upgrade to a suite. The Beekman are stingy with their complimentary Globalist suite upgrades, but I find it to be a much nicer property than the Andaz - particularly in winter where you're going to be less effected by the lack of natural light in the rooms.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
$192 for a 600+ sq ft suite in New York is a pretty good deal.

January is definitely low season, but looking at pricing for other Hyatts in the area around those dates (Gild Hall, 50 Bowery, Beekman), the $192 rate is pretty great for a guaranteed suite.

If you're not short on TSUs then I would probably pay a little more (~$30 a night) and book into the Beekman and use a TSU to upgrade to a suite. The Beekman are stingy with their complimentary Globalist suite upgrades, but I find it to be a much nicer property than the Andaz - particularly in winter where you're going to be less effected by the lack of natural light in the rooms.
Totally agree that the Beekman is awesome, but it's $90 higher than the Andaz Suite for my date, which means I will still choose the Wall St though I know its problems.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 6:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Depends on how picky you are. I don't think I'd stay again. The much-discussed issues are just too much for me. The inability to maintain a comfortable temperature in the room (too hot) being a particular concern.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 9:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Broken record here

I'm not denying some (all?) of the imperfections noted by many on this board, but ....

... being able to spread out a bit in Manhattan (albeit in lower Manhattan) at this price makes this a good buy.

Thanks for letting me know that there are still good deals to be snarfled up here!
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold

Either they totally sold out all rooms for the month of September or they are pushing out the re-opening to October.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Either they totally sold out all rooms for the month of September or they are pushing out the re-opening to October.
The Grand Hyatt NY was doing the same thing 272 to 300 per night and IMHO they overpriced themselves out of the market
over the past number of months and are yet delaying the opening once again
I'll assume sales are soft or they would be open by now.
Unfortunately their competition is offering newer better condition hotels between 130 to 230 if you booked in advance
My take is the hotels are desperate to pull in higher rates with being out of service so long.Apparently they would rather stay closed
than reopen and compete from a financial perspective
In the case of the Andaz Wall Street its a tough situation likely with little business weekdays from Wall Street
(just starting to trickle back)to offset the weekend heavy discounting they did historically.

My guess is you wont see those dirt cheap rates again short term
And though its a wild thought on my part I wouldn't be surprised to see Andaz Wall Street go to another brand/owner sooner rather than later
Basically the way they were going just likely throw in the towel
It was a really good hotel when it first opened but the path of no renovations, lesser food quality/offerings, reduced amenities,
blah mini bar, downsizing the gym, poor room service etc
doesn't bode well at a so called premium boutique hotel trying to command higher rates sadly.Hopefully I'm wrong
Old Aug 9, 2021, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
The Grand Hyatt NY was doing the same thing 272 to 300 per night and IMHO they overpriced themselves out of the market
over the past number of months and are yet delaying the opening once again
I'll assume sales are soft or they would be open by now.
Unfortunately their competition is offering newer better condition hotels between 130 to 230 if you booked in advance
My take is the hotels are desperate to pull in higher rates with being out of service so long.Apparently they would rather stay closed
than reopen and compete from a financial perspective
In the case of the Andaz Wall Street its a tough situation likely with little business weekdays from Wall Street
(just starting to trickle back)to offset the weekend heavy discounting they did historically.

My guess is you wont see those dirt cheap rates again short term
And though its a wild thought on my part I wouldn't be surprised to see Andaz Wall Street go to another brand/owner sooner rather than later
Basically the way they were going just likely throw in the towel
It was a really good hotel when it first opened but the path of no renovations, lesser food quality/offerings, reduced amenities,
blah mini bar, downsizing the gym, poor room service etc
doesn't bode well at a so called premium boutique hotel trying to command higher rates sadly.Hopefully I'm wrong
Feels like travel was picking up, but the Delta variant has put a damper on things, so wouldn’t be surprised if Andaz didn’t see the pickup that they thought they might be getting when they picked September 1 as their re-opening.
Also, before Hyatt started buying the other brands, Andaz Wall Street was the lone Hyatt in the area. Now you have the Beekman, 50 Bowery and Guild Hall. But I would hate to see the Andaz Wall Street go away. With all the issues, they still had nice big rooms with natural light.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Feels like travel was picking up, but the Delta variant has put a damper on things, so wouldn’t be surprised if Andaz didn’t see the pickup that they thought they might be getting when they picked September 1 as their re-opening.
Also, before Hyatt started buying the other brands, Andaz Wall Street was the lone Hyatt in the area. Now you have the Beekman, 50 Bowery and Guild Hall. But I would hate to see the Andaz Wall Street go away. With all the issues, they still had nice big rooms with natural light.
Agree I was fond of the hotel even with its warts and wrinkles that were self imposed.
But the team has changed even before the pandemic and not in a good way
The exceptional sense of cooperation for elites somewhat restricted
These are painful times for hotel owners and their customers. I have lost some of my most valued travel partners hotels, restaurants etc
I have had for decades even fitness centers Gone forever
Yes the new variants and increasing cases may give the economy yet another downturn.
Hopefully vaccinations will increase if it isn't to late.It seems it takes personal avoidable tragedy to move the needle for some to be motivated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.