Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2021, 10:04 am

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
It’s official. Andaz Wall Street now re-opening on October 1st. Grand Hyatt now November 1st.

Old Aug 10, 2021, 10:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Either they totally sold out all rooms for the month of September or they are pushing out the re-opening to October.
I'm thinking the latter. Stayed at Gild Hall last week and walked by Andaz Wall Street -- construction material stacked in lobby areas.

Edit: Whoops -- missed your post just above.

Last edited by Biggie Fries; Aug 10, 2021 at 10:41 am Reason: Whoops -- missed your other post just above.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Andaz wall street website updated to re-opening December 8th 2021.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 10:31 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Warriorconcept
Andaz wall street website updated to re-opening December 8th 2021.
That's a tough month to open in historically.I'm going to guess it was either open or pay a flood of back wages to team members by city mandate
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
That's a tough month to open in historically.I'm going to guess it was either open or pay a flood of back wages to team members by city mandate
Probably going to be even more barebones than before.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Probably going to be even more barebones than before.
Probably right Globalist breakfast will be a 2 dollar credit to use anyway you wish
and a box of complimentary corn flakes daily for one
All kidding aside now that the breakfast credit can be poor in some select Hyatt hotels
I’ve actually moved 50% of my business
back to Hilton and Marriott with some interesting new ihg properties Kimptons etc.
I’ve really discovered some sweet spots in other programs
See Hyatt as penny wise pound foolish.Historically I hadn’t.
That said there are some fantastic Hyatt’s still doing a great job for the guest
I go out to eat for breakfast outside the hotel some of the time now and just focus on location ,hard product and pricing

With the new seasonal award increases it could potentially yet erode more of my business in the future
In the past breakfast and a competitive redemption rate kept me locked into the 90 to 100 night treadmill
Saw the Hyatt point currency as more valuable consistently
Rarely do I park a car and yes destination resort fee waived can sway me if the experience is solid
The pandemic and reducing in house benefits really disrupted much of that for this traveller
Andaz Wall Street fell from their high throne long ago sadly.It’s decline started long ago when they closed their premium elegant restaraunt and gutted the fitness center
Old Oct 21, 2021, 9:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Probably right Globalist breakfast will be a 2 dollar credit to use anyway you wish and a box of complimentary corn flakes daily for one
All kidding aside now that the breakfast credit can be poor in some select Hyatt hotels I’ve actually moved 50% of my business
back to Hilton and Marriott with some interesting new ihg properties Kimptons etc.I’ve really discovered some sweet spots in other programs
See Hyatt as penny wise pound foolish.Historically I hadn’t.That said there are some fantastic Hyatt’s still doing a great job for the guest
I go out to eat for breakfast outside the hotel some of the time now and just focus on location ,hard product and pricing

With the new seasonal award increases it could potentially yet erode more of my business in the future
In the past breakfast and a competitive redemption rate kept me locked into the 90 to 100 night treadmill
Saw the Hyatt point currency as more valuable consistently
Rarely do I park a car and yes destination resort fee waived can sway me if the experience is solid
The pandemic and reducing in house benefits really disrupted much of that for this traveller
Andaz Wall Street fell from their high throne long ago sadly.It’s decline started long ago when they closed their premium elegant restaraunt and gutted the fitness center
I’d take a $2 credit and a bowl of cornflakes over a Butler breakfast.
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by coleslaw
I’d take a $2 credit and a bowl of cornflakes over a Butler breakfast.
After seeing awful photos of their food and negative guest reviews I avoided any property like the plague if they even mentioned
that the Butler brand was their food and beverage offering.So I missed that pleasure
Old Oct 21, 2021, 11:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I can't visualize any scenario that would have me staying here. The hotel's physical condition was very poor last time I was here, and that was over five years ago. I can just imagine how much worse it's gotten.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
I can't visualize any scenario that would have me staying here. The hotel's physical condition was very poor last time I was here, and that was over five years ago. I can just imagine how much worse it's gotten.
It makes me wonder at what point Hyatt decides this is becoming a problem for the Andaz brand.

Perhaps we’ll see a Hyatt Wall Street in the not so distant future?
Kacee and futuramadramallama like this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 3:54 pm

In another thread, bcosinteno mentioned that it would be rebranded to Centric in the near future.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by PG.backpacker
In another thread, bcosinteno mentioned that it would be rebranded to Centric in the near future.
I guess Centric is the new dumping ground?
Old Oct 21, 2021, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by PG.backpacker
Hard to believe as the rooms are exceptionally large/upscale as well as the bathrooms. Even with all the heavy wear the property has endured.
Leagues above the Ikea Plus Centric feel IMO
Old Oct 21, 2021, 8:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Way too nice to be a centric/HP, imo. Relatively speaking.

Maybe a Hyatt House, rooms are large there too.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by pWei
Way too nice to be a centric/HP, imo. Relatively speaking.

Maybe a Hyatt House, rooms are large there too.
Meeting Hyatt House brand standards would involve a pretty significant renovation/investment.

It could easily be a Hyatt or a Centric. Maybe even a JdV… but that seems even less appropriate as a brand. Same for Unbound.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.