Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2016, 2:32 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Very well said
Old Apr 22, 2016, 9:20 pm

Does Andaz Wall St have good views of the east river / Brooklyn bridge?

I have read conflicting reports online so I'll appreciate any feedback.

Thanks in advance. ^
Old Apr 23, 2016, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I was in a corner suite and it faced 2 buildings across the street.

Keep in mind the hotel is only the first14 (or so) floors of the building. The rest of the floors are condos. If there is a view to be had - they have it
Old Apr 23, 2016, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I was in a corner suite and it faced 2 buildings across the street.

Keep in mind the hotel is only the first14 (or so) floors of the building. The rest of the floors are condos. If there is a view to be had - they have it
Thank you - that helps.

When the Macy's 4th of July fireworks used to be over the Hudson, a couple of times I splurged on a Fantastic Suite at the W Hoboken. The suites have a balcony facing the Hudson and it was our own private viewing of the fireworks...an amazing way to spend an evening with the family. I don't believe there is as good of a hotel option for the east river...or I haven't found it.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 9:29 am

Have 3 nights booked and was wondering if breakfast and weekend 'brunch' has improved.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by fangtl
Have 3 nights booked and was wondering if breakfast and weekend 'brunch' has improved.
Sadly no IMHO
Came back this week from a great stay there minus the breakfast

In fact there was a new cook/chef and(omelette) was poor super dry regardless of pleading to not overcook until Monday
when perhaps either someone learned or the regular crew was on duty
Even then it was only marginally better but at least fully acceptable day of check out

Room service also took a noticeable vast decline
Short Rib was removed from the limited menu in favor of veal cheek?
I suppose subjective eyes of the beholder.Anyone comment if its good?
Played safe and ordered grilled chicken.Up came chicken previously cooked day before morning of and reheated to all its dry tough rubber leather stringy goodness/potential.
The Kitchen @ Andaz 5th Ave runs rings over Wall Street but they have experience and a real kitchen to work with Andaz has a faux make shift kitchen in the lobby or should I say the trenches?It would be challenge even if someone is super talented highly capable

Service was fine and the hotel as always exceeded all other expectations with their wonderful staff and generous GP recognition/upgrade consideration ^
I flew to Hyatt Regency Orange County where the breakfast was just sensational day after check out of Andaz Wall Street
Outstanding Salmon fantastic freshly baked blueberry muffins cut up fresh peaches and peak perfection of produce and an accomplished omelet chef that was getting raves in house by other guests
It had noticeable improvement and sadly I over consumed

Regardless of breakfast experience Andaz Wall Street is the finest hotel in New York City for Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond members based on value and the price paid for the room (varies of course)
Nice Diamond upgrades and a team that feels like family and friends.I'd go back even with no breakfast
They simply treat guests exceedingly well and they always remember my newspaper requests and do random acts of kindness at every stay
Ive come to expect little in the dining arena.
The crazy thing is with 20% more effort it could be very good
The gym and the breakfast remain the only real sore points but I now pay since finding Planet Fitness
which is close to the hotel and has everything needed possible to do a great full body workout
Old Jun 16, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Regardless of breakfast experience Andaz Wall Street is the finest hotel in New York City for Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond members based on value and the price paid for the room (varies of course)
I haven't stayed at the Andaz 5th Ave yet but most FT posts are extremely positive towards Diamond members, especially the Splash suite on DSU. How would you compare the two, other than location differences? No need to include PHNY in the comparison, I know how you feel about that and don't want to get you started.....
Old Jun 16, 2016, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
I haven't stayed at the Andaz 5th Ave yet but most FT posts are extremely positive towards Diamond members, especially the Splash suite on DSU. How would you compare the two, other than location differences? No need to include PHNY in the comparison, I know how you feel about that and don't want to get you started.....
That's a great question
If you are using a Diamond suite upgrade you can't go wrong at either property.
The Splash suite is an excellent product and really adds value to the experience and enjoyment to the stay
If I had to chose location and breakfast Andaz 5th Avenue always wins
But for extraordinary value Andaz Wall Street is my go to hotel
Andaz 5th Avenue is almost always considerably more expensive
When the rate is similar (not to often) Andaz 5th Ave no question
Andaz Wall Street seems a bit bigger to me in room size and suite size and they typically aren't as busy on weekend as Andaz 5th Avenue is
That means a few things one I am likely to get a better upgrade with or without confirming a suite and far more bang for the buck
For that reason only its Andaz Wall Street first and Andaz 5th second
Everyone's preference is so different there is no right answer for all!
Hope that helps
I'm a big fan of both properties even with the criticisms mentioned previously
Old Jun 17, 2016, 2:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
When the rate is similar (not to often) Andaz 5th Ave no question
Agree. Andaz WS is often under $200/night on the weekends, which is a great deal with Diamond benefits. Whereas Andaz 5th is a bargain anywhere $250 or less.

I'm a big fan of both properties even with the criticisms mentioned previously
Agree again. For me, the two Andaz in NYC plus various Asian properties are what make Diamond worthwhile.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 9:12 pm

What's the normal turnaround for an email response? i emailed on Thursday morning this week and here we are on Saturday evening and still nothing.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by fangtl
What's the normal turnaround for an email response? i emailed on Thursday morning this week and here we are on Saturday evening and still nothing.
Just call the property they are typically very helpful
Email varies at every property
Old Jun 19, 2016, 6:54 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, hyatt GP
Location & hotel wise for tourist, which one better between Andaz Wall st vs Grand Hyatt?
Old Jun 19, 2016, 7:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It depends on what tourist activities you plan to pursue. From the Andaz you can visit Wall Street (obviously) and some museums on the southern tip of Manhattan, some piers, and the 9/11 museum/monument. You also have good subway access.

Grand Hyatt is good for Grand Central station, Broadway, and various midtown stuff like the NY PUblic Library, UN, some shopping, etc. It's also very close to the airport shuttle bus service stops as well as subways.

Not everything in NYC is walkable. The best way to be a tourist is to learn the basics of using the subway system and pick a hotel that has some things nearby that interest you as well as a convenient subway station (or stations).
Old Jun 19, 2016, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by Bidu
Location & hotel wise for tourist, which one better between Andaz Wall st vs Grand Hyatt?
Hard question to answer.Depends on you
If you are going to the theater in Times SQ Grand Hyatt
I way prefer Wall Street less tourists and crowds especially weekends
and you get into great restaurants as they are far more quiet on weekends
Downtown options rock.It took me a long time to like Downtown
But I'm so there for the most part and the experience is far more personal,individual and upscale
Old Jun 19, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Downtown options rock.It took me a long time to like Downtown
But I'm so there for the most part and the experience is far more personal,individual and upscale
^ I love staying downtown (although I stay over on the Hudson side at Conrad New York), once you do it a few times, you will prefer it to Midtown. You are right it is more personal, individual and upscale and also you feel you like you have so much more space.

I also have to add that taking the effort to understand the subway system (if you don't) makes downtown not a big deal as a lot of different lines are within walking distance as the island narrows. Just a note that repairs happen every weekend and you need to be cognizant to make sure the line you plan on taking somewhere is not impacted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.