Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 9:41 pm

Programs: SPG 75 Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Delta PM, AA EXP
I've stayed here roughly 5-7 times a year, usually in the summer and fall, and on Weekend Nights for a single night.

Breakfast is a great value as a diamond- I have always had the amount plus a 18-20% tip taken off automatically.

As a Diamond I've never had a room smaller than the large king they have branded. Recently in 2014, I've been upgraded twice to one of their corner "suites" automatically, my guess is this depends on their occupancy rates, but this is always nice for this property.

Staff is great, never had any issues.

One of my favorite Hyatt Manhattan properties, however I have yet to stay at the 5th Ave location.

If anyone is staying for the weekend my advice for the light of heart is park in Jersey, leave the car and forget about it for the weekend. For those more tuned to urban driving, I just find a street spot in Brooklyn on Friday after street cleaning and take the train back to Wall st. (Obviously there is more risk of theft/getting sideswiped but I risk it to save the $50 )
Old Oct 7, 2014, 9:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Stayed here for the first time this weekend - I had a '50 unique properties' award to use by year end, and this was the only property in Manhattan that had a base level room available to redeem it on a Friday.

I stayed for a second night, paying $225 , which I think was the elite rate. I also applied one of my diamond suite upgrades - was told I'd definitely have it on Saturday on the cash rate, and possibly on Friday, if available at check in.

They did not merge my two reservations, which gave them a bit more admin overhead for the weekend, and each time I interacted with the front desk, I had to tell them about the Friday check-in, Sunday check-out

At check-in I told them about my second night under another reservation, which had a suite upgrade, and they were able to put me in a suite starting Friday - it was 1502, which was a nice amount of space and layout.

The room is getting rather dated and worn. There was water damage from the shower into the entrance of the room, and cracked tiles. The radio/alarm clock didn't really work right - had a programming glitch where the wake-up alarm would not turn off if the radio or ipod was in use. An engineer came up, and cycled the machine by unplugging it, and left the time blinking 12 the rest of the weekend - which allowed me to use the radio ... it was the old style Apple connector, and they had a sticker on it saying you can ask the front desk for a 'lightning' adapter - I just used the audio input jack.

6-7pm is the lobby free wine happy hour, which the put out a bunch of glasses and one bottle of white, one bottle of red. Both bottles are consumed within minutes. After 10-15 minutes or so, they bring out another pair of bottles, and the lobby crowd goes through them two minutes later, some people jockeying for a place in line. The Andaz 5th Ave does this service much better in my experience.

Breakfast is in the restaurant - buffet was nice enough, no omelet service with it, but the quality of the food is consistent with a Grand Hyatt, for the most part. No comparison with the service at the Andaz 5th Ave, which is wonderful. I had breakfast buffet each day - one of the times appeared on my bill at check-out, oddly labeled as 'lunch', the front desk said they'd get it removed and email me the final receipt. It took until Tuesday for them to get this to me corrected, but they got it done, the receipt shows the breakfast cost and a credit against it.

I didn't get the diamond amenity or points, I called customer service this morning, who added 1000 points for the amenity bonus.

Parking was ok, regular price is $55/nt, the Andaz writes out a voucher which takes the price down to $34/nt ... they were understaffed at 4pm on Sunday, so took 20 mins to retrieve my car.

Exterior of the hotel is being refurbished, there is scaffolding around the building.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by 4aks
I didn't get the diamond amenity or points, I called customer service this morning, who added 1000 points for the amenity bonus.
You should be getting 1500 points for reminding them. Call them back.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by JunkDiver
You should be getting 1500 points for reminding them. Call them back.
It's ok that mistakes happen sometimes, and are corrected without hassle- if they want to offer any additional, that's nice but not required.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 3:26 pm

It's ok that mistakes happen sometimes, and are corrected without hassle- if they want to offer any additional, that's nice but not required.
A Diamond with a heart of GOLD
Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:32 pm

that's nice but not required.
it's been customary practice that when Diamond amenity points do no automatically post, they would manually post it with a 50% bonus.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
it's been customary practice that when Diamond amenity points do no automatically post, they would manually post it with a 50% bonus.
50% bonus was never offered to me in the past twelve months, but I also never asked
Old Oct 9, 2014, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
The hotel accounting had a billing process difficulty - they aren't able or aren't used to, or maybe prefer not to create a receipt/invoice for a reward stay - they did not offer me a receipt- so, they also didn't have anywhere to place the 1000 pt bonus, and wouldn't have noticed it was missing - this extended to having a problem with the diamond breakfast benefit - there was no Friday bill, so they put it on my Saturday reservation, then also forgot to remove it per diamond benefit

At this point, I got what I was supposed to get had they not had the difficulty - which is fine, they also did me a favor by letting me into the suite on Friday instead of waiting until Saturday -- I certainly appreciate that service (would had costed $100 if I had gotten it via NOR1 upgrade, where it was available), and do not think Hyatt 'owes' me 500 points ($10-20)
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:54 am

I do not think Hyatt 'owes' me 500 points ($10-20)
Although I do understand your opinion, it is not whether Hyatt 'owes' you points or not. They even have a special name for the 500 point bonus, and it is listed as 'Diam Retro Amenity 1500 Bns'. Maybe it is their way of saying that they really want to make sure that Diamonds get the bonus with as little trouble as possible.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 11:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
That sounds odd, this hotel has been open for almost 5 years... and they are having billing issues to invoice, produce a receipt for an award stay?

I've had award stays here in the past, no issue, diamond amenity points were posted.

The hotel accounting had a billing process difficulty - they aren't able or aren't used to, or maybe prefer not to create a receipt/invoice for a reward stay - they did not offer me a receipt- so, they also didn't have anywhere to place the 1000 pt bonus, and wouldn't have noticed it was missing - this extended to having a problem with the diamond breakfast benefit - there was no Friday bill, so they put it on my Saturday reservation, then also forgot to remove it per diamond benefit

At this point, I got what I was supposed to get had they not had the difficulty - which is fine, they also did me a favor by letting me into the suite on Friday instead of waiting until Saturday -- I certainly appreciate that service (would had costed $100 if I had gotten it via NOR1 upgrade, where it was available), and do not think Hyatt 'owes' me 500 points ($10-20)
Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, UN Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
New Restaurant Dina Rata

Has anyone stayed here since this new restaurant opened? It appears Water and Wall has been replaced. Looking at the menu it seems more sparse. No Weekend Downtown brunch on the weekends anymore. Staying here in a couple weeks, just wondering what the Diamond breakfast situation is now? Will they let you do room service again?
Old Nov 12, 2014, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
FYI, I just booked for post Thanksgiving at a rate SIGNIFICANTLY lower than every other Hyatt in NYC and applied a DSU. Got a Andaz Suite, not the Large King as some others indicated earlier in the thread. May try to contact the hotel and pay up to the Large Suite if avail.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Dcislander
FYI, I just booked for post Thanksgiving at a rate SIGNIFICANTLY lower than every other Hyatt in NYC and applied a DSU. Got a Andaz Suite, not the Large King as some others indicated earlier in the thread. May try to contact the hotel and pay up to the Large Suite if avail.
What's your rate? Is that for a weekend stay or a weekday?
Old Nov 13, 2014, 6:16 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
$202.50 for a Fri-Sun stay but the weekend right after Thksvg which is a premium. Had a res and DSU at the Hyatt TS at $360 which I bailed on.

Prices plummeting at Herald Sq but gets horrible reviews all around.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by Dcislander
$202.50 for a Fri-Sun stay but the weekend right after Thksvg which is a premium. Had a res and DSU at the Hyatt TS at $360 which I bailed on.

Prices plummeting at Herald Sq but gets horrible reviews all around.
That's a great rate. Hopefully it will go down for my stay in mid December.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.