Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2014, 6:21 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat
Keep checking--run the reservation once with no "special rates" to check for the Elite rate and then run it again with AAA checked.

Good luck!
Old Nov 13, 2014, 6:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Dcislander
Keep checking--run the reservation once with no "special rates" to check for the Elite rate and then run it again with AAA checked.

Good luck!
.....if you're a AAA member.

As a very general rule, at this time of the year, NYC hotels can be pretty full on weekends but people seem to want to be in the Midtown and Central Park areas for shopping and to see the Christmas lights and festivities. The Wall Street area can seem very empty on weekends.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
.....if you're a AAA member.

As a very general rule, at this time of the year, NYC hotels can be pretty full on weekends but people seem to want to be in the Midtown and Central Park areas for shopping and to see the Christmas lights and festivities. The Wall Street area can seem very empty on weekends.
So true.

If not a member and the stay is long enough/discount good enough it may be worth joining.

With the $160/nt savings (over the HTS (which I do like a lot)) we'll take a lot of taxi's and use the rest for shopping and chow
Old Nov 13, 2014, 8:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
So true.

If not a member and the stay is long enough/discount good enough it may be worth joining.

With the $160/nt savings (over the HTS (which I do like a lot)) we'll take a lot of taxi's and use the rest for shopping and chow
Also, the subway is right by the entrance of Andaz Wall Street so its easy to get up to Midtown and back.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
Upgraded again -- never missed a nice upgrade as a Diamond -- love this hotel.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me
Upgraded again -- never missed a nice upgrade as a Diamond -- love this hotel.
Nice! What room did you get bumped up to? If Andaz Suite, do you think it's a big enough room for 2 adults and 2 young kids (8 and 4)? Pull out sofa?

Thanks and hope you have a great trip.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 10:55 pm

Programs: SPG 75 Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Delta PM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by jepiv
Has anyone stayed here since this new restaurant opened? It appears Water and Wall has been replaced. Looking at the menu it seems more sparse. No Weekend Downtown brunch on the weekends anymore. Staying here in a couple weeks, just wondering what the Diamond breakfast situation is now? Will they let you do room service again?
Wall & water used to be 50% of my motivator behind choosing this property over 48lex on the weekends. The brunch was amazing, and it also meant I could sleep In Til noon.

The service was pretty subpar for breakfast on my most recent visit, menu was a lot more limited, and never once got a refill on my drink... In all fairness they were having a wedding reception in the main restaurant so they had everyone corralled in the bar area on the floor above the lobby, but I never was told about being able to get room service as a diamond.

Combined with the half empty mini bar I found in my room upon arrival, I'm slowly falling apart from what used to be my favorite NY property.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 11:43 pm

Anyone have any experience getting an upgrade from a Suite to a large suite? Was considering lobbing in an email to ask, but the custom upgrade is $230 a night--more than the cost of the room. Thanks all.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 9:08 pm

Programs: SPG 75 Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Delta PM, AA EXP
Anyone have any experience getting an upgrade from a Suite to a large suite? Was considering lobbing in an email to ask, but the custom upgrade is $230 a night--more than the cost of the room. Thanks all.
I've never had to ask, but I would say in your position it wouldn't hurt to ask, considering I am 2/6 this year for getting a large suite assigned to me at checkin as a Diamond- without even having to ask.
And I always just book whatever room is cheapest.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 5:22 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Andaz Wall Street REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

I love this hotel because it is quiet. I would much rather schlep back from midtown by car or subway than deal with large hordes of tourists running down the halls of the hotel.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by lalala
I love this hotel because it is quiet. I would much rather schlep back from midtown by car or subway than deal with large hordes of tourists running down the halls of the hotel.
As a light sleeper, can anyone confirm if this hotel now has black-out curtains (as opposed to the Andaz 5h ave)?
Old Nov 16, 2014, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
Nice! What room did you get bumped up to? If Andaz Suite, do you think it's a big enough room for 2 adults and 2 young kids (8 and 4)? Pull out sofa? Thanks and hope you have a great trip.
I got the Andaz Suite and there's no pull out sofa -- but the sofa is extremely large and the 8 year old could sleep on it (they will provide comfy bedding) and then the 4 year old can sleep with you and the wife in the King bed easily. All four will get the nice brekkie (if Diamond) although it has dropped in quality (sadly) over the years...
Old Nov 16, 2014, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me
I got the Andaz Suite and there's no pull out sofa -- but the sofa is extremely large and the 8 year old could sleep on it (they will provide comfy bedding) and then the 4 year old can sleep with you and the wife in the King bed easily. All four will get the nice brekkie (if Diamond) although it has dropped in quality (sadly) over the years...
They do have rollaway beds that I believe are complimentary.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 2:00 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by heakja
As a light sleeper, can anyone confirm if this hotel now has black-out curtains (as opposed to the Andaz 5h ave)?
They have automatic shades. Works well and very little light comes in.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
They have automatic shades. Works well and very little light comes in.
They are better then Andaz Fifth, but not 100% light proof.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.