Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Wall Street New York (ex-Andaz) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2013, 6:09 pm

I'll probably write a full-er review after my stay ends, but for now, I'll just note:
- Fitness center is now open again
- Still no coffee, wine, et cetera, though it is still listed in the in-room guest book. Hotel staff indicates "we're thinking about it".
- No upgrades for this Diamond, but I didn't push for one either.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 10:19 pm

Anyone know if there Hyatt Web Check-In Kiosk at this hotel? I'm seeing the icon under my reservation in my account details but not sure if that's the case for every hotel.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:31 pm

Is the Crumbs bakery still around the corner?
Old Sep 25, 2013, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by vci15
Anyone know if there Hyatt Web Check-In Kiosk at this hotel? I'm seeing the icon under my reservation in my account details but not sure if that's the case for every hotel.
You can do a web checkin, but no kiosk. You have to track down a youngster with a tablet device to get a key. Good luck.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
You can do a web checkin, but no kiosk. You have to track down a youngster with a tablet device to get a key. Good luck.
What do you mean a youngster with a tablet?
Old Sep 26, 2013, 4:23 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by vci15
What do you mean a youngster with a tablet?
I've only stayed at one Andaz so I cannot generalize. That one property does not have a front desk. Instead their check-in agents roam around the lobby, mixing and mingling with people. They strike up conversations. If the conversation reveals that you happen to want to check in, they whip out an iPad and get 'er done. Trendy, cool, hip, weird, Andaz.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 9:08 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
I've only stayed at one Andaz so I cannot generalize. That one property does not have a front desk. Instead their check-in agents roam around the lobby, mixing and mingling with people. They strike up conversations. If the conversation reveals that you happen to want to check in, they whip out an iPad and get 'er done. Trendy, cool, hip, weird, Andaz.
And they're mostly younger.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 9:21 am

There is a desk. It's the one with all the Macbook Pros on it, and also where they issue the key cards (RFID/touch).
Old Sep 26, 2013, 10:13 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
...Trendy, cool, hip, weird, Andaz.
And typically with no idea what constitutes good service and how to provide it!
Old Sep 26, 2013, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by MonicaL
Is the Crumbs bakery still around the corner?
There's one at Hanover and Pearl. But it's just one of about 30 on Manhattan. And must be 70 of 'em, coast-to-coast.

Last edited by 365RoadWarrior; Sep 26, 2013 at 6:01 pm
Old Sep 27, 2013, 3:10 pm

Staying at Andaz now. Service has been good. Upgraded to corner room without asking, had coffee maker delivered within 15 min, staff helpful and pleasant.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 11:35 pm

Andaz Wall Street REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

staying here next 4th of July weekend for one of my best friends' wedding. worth it to use a suite upgrade at this property? I BRG'd to a rate of $175/night.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 11:02 am
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
I am staying here now. I am impressed by the efforts of the staff. Most of them are outstanding.
The Diamond breakfast benefit has changed. Instead of a flat $50 it is $40 for one person, $80 for 2.
I didn't ask about more than 2.
The new gym is good but not great.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 10:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
No it's not worth it... you just get a large corner room, not a true suite. You are better off staying at the Andaz 5th avenue... well worth the extra $$$ a night, far more enjoyable and far superior location.

Originally Posted by ahcjar103
staying here next 4th of July weekend for one of my best friends' wedding. worth it to use a suite upgrade at this property? I BRG'd to a rate of $175/night.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA PL, DL Gold, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Yes the rooms are nice. Yes the breakfast is decent. But I won't be back. The friendliest soul in the entire hotel (out of the 5 employees we actually met) was Alva, our housekeeper. The personalities of the staff was beyond lacking. From being neglected at checkin, to being rushed at breakfast, to basically being dismissed at checkout, I have seen enough. I won't be back unless something changes. Sad because it is a really beautiful space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.