Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2003, 12:43 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Hilton Waikoloa Village - extremely slow Internet access

I am posting this from the Ocean tower in the HWV, room 605x, trying to use the so-called "highspeed" Internet access here. It kind of works, but it is slower than a 9.6 modem. When I called the "perfect vacation" people asking for help, they just told me to call back tomorrow, the IT people are already gone. I am a bit disappointed with that for a property like this.

Has anyone else had problems with the "highspeed" Internet access here and, perhaps, does anyone by any chance know a competent/helpful person to contact?

Thanks!

------------------
Please have a look at my round-the-world travel blog and leave some comments - thanks :-).
Old Sep 24, 2003, 3:22 am

Programs: Ex-Continental Platinum Elite, HHonors Diamond Preferential VIP, Former Continental Platinum Elite
Sorry about your experience. I was unable to connect via the highspeed system and used AOL instead. The hotel line gave me about a 56k connection (but don't go over an hour or you will be charged an extra dime per minute).

Good luck!

------------------
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been,and there you will forever long to return." Leonardo da Vinci

"For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move; to feel the needs and hitches of our life more nearly; to come down off this feather-bed of civilisation, and find the globe granite underfoot and strewn with cutting flints."

Robert Louis Stevenson

200 nights/200 legs a year
Old Sep 24, 2003, 3:36 am
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hotlancer:
Sorry about your experience. I was unable to connect via the highspeed system and used AOL instead. The hotel line gave me about a 56k connection (but don't go over an hour or you will be charged an extra dime per minute).

Good luck!

</font>
Exactly the same for me as well. They have a very responsive IT department, but they could not figure out the problem.

Old Sep 24, 2003, 11:59 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
It was totally down this morning (I was connected and sending packets, but not receiving any). I kept trying to "repair the connection" (renew my IP address), and at some point, it started working again. I hope it will not be this bad the whole stay.

------------------
Please have a look at my round-the-world travel blog and leave some comments - thanks :-).
Old Sep 24, 2003, 1:55 pm

I'm just above you on the 7th floor, and we have the same problems here.

We needed to print out tickets for some snorkling and we almost missed it as a result of the slowness.

Also, we found a HUGE german cockroach in our bathroom last night along with our moldy fruit.

We're all set with this place. They said german cockroaches were native to the island, if that makes any sense.

We got some breakfast passes as a result. Calling this place Disneyland is an understatement. If it wasn't for free, we wouldn't be here. Prices are outragiously rediculous and totally unauthentic.

We're cutting our stay short and heading to Maui on Friday.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 2:44 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PaulGQ:
I'm just above you on the 7th floor, and we have the same problems here.

We needed to print out tickets for some snorkling and we almost missed it as a result of the slowness.

Also, we found a HUGE german cockroach in our bathroom last night along with our moldy fruit.

We're all set with this place. They said german cockroaches were native to the island, if that makes any sense.

We got some breakfast passes as a result. Calling this place Disneyland is an understatement. If it wasn't for free, we wouldn't be here. Prices are outragiously rediculous and totally unauthentic.

We're cutting our stay short and heading to Maui on Friday.
</font>
German cockroaches? Hey, I'm German, first I thought you were talking about me!

I can only echo your sentiment about the place. I had to pay like $ 10 for 5 minutes in the business center to print out my ALON certificate.

------------------

[This message has been edited by attorney28 (edited 09-24-2003).]
Old Sep 25, 2003, 1:42 am

If you need a printer, we brought one, I am in 7100 til friday morning.

I will comment on the lounge later.

what about your hutch and tv in the bedroom, is it 12 inches off the floor like ours?

Call and ask for Paul
Old Sep 25, 2003, 2:22 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PaulGQ:
what about your hutch and tv in the bedroom, is it 12 inches off the floor like ours?</font>
Yes, exactly! I noticed that first thing when I came into the room. Also, the TV is small, old, and the picture is blurry. Plus, I got some key for the minibar, but it was open...and there is a little leaflet with the prices on it (I think it is only in Japanese), but the things on the leaflet are not even there (like candy bars, etc.). Overall, the room is definitely not anything to write home about. Also, I can only see the ocean pretty far away, I don't really know if THAT is the great view people have been raving about. I think if there are any whales, I would need some binoculars to see them.

Thanks for the printer offer, but I think/hope I will not need it...

At least the Internet access seems to work fine now .

------------------
Old Sep 25, 2003, 3:54 am

Programs: Ex-Continental Platinum Elite, HHonors Diamond Preferential VIP, Former Continental Platinum Elite
FWIW:

Sorry you are still having trouble with the internet access. There is a great office supply store (somewhat like Kinko's) in Kailua next to Wendy's. If you are down in the area, they have great high-speed internet access and it is pretty reasonable.

Old Sep 25, 2003, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Right next to where they give out the towels, near the kiddie gameroom, there are computers. I don't remember how much; but much cheaper than the biz center.

Dan
Old Sep 25, 2003, 9:49 am

Will Hilton Convert Waikoloa to Timeshare

When Hilton sells out the Bay Club do you think they may convert the palace or the Ocean Tower to Time Shares? Marriott did this on Maui and Kuai. I sure hope they leave it as a hotel, but they could sell off one or two towers. When did Hilton buy the Bay Club? Good thing is there is so much land over by the Bay Club they could build for years. What does golf run there now at the beach and Kings course?
Old Sep 25, 2003, 10:29 am
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The kiddie computer center is shut down now, alas. At least it was in April and August.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 10:34 am

I concur. I was in Lagoon Tower 1 month ago and it was awful.

I complained and it got removed from my bill, but I had to twist arms a bit.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 11:22 am

When we bought into the Bay Club two years ago they were planning on building a second phase of the Bay Club. However, a few months ago I think that we received a letter saying something about the (world) economic climate not being supportive of the new phase. (Maybe someone else remembers the details better than me.)

I personally would love to have a HGVC at the HWV because I like what the hotel can offer much better than the Bay Club. This is why we trade in our HGVC points for an ALON.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I used the TV internet access when I was there...slow, didn't paint the whole webpage well, got it removed.

It looks like we'll have another round of 'HWV stinks'posts. I don't know much about this property, but something tells me there are two very different sides to it. Our stay was very nice, room nice...good experience overall. Only thing I disliked was the lack of bar/nighlife.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.