Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Waikoloa Village® hotel property.

Examples from a different discussion not yet updated here:
Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2003, 12:03 pm

You don't have to make a personal comment about your rusty eyeballs while I was only trying to provide some helpful information for others. I read your elitist diamond trip post, and the snobbish and misleading comments you made about the Lagoon Tower.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Unlike many promotions of the kind, people from that place called Outside USA are not excluded from this offer

And whisper it soft, some among us were awarded 30,000 points
Old Sep 4, 2003, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Actually, driving rusty nails into my eyeballs is better than sitting through a timeshare pitch.</font>
I'd give you 50,000 to do that!
Old Sep 4, 2003, 2:57 pm
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by YesHyM:
You don't have to make a personal comment about your rusty eyeballs while I was only trying to provide some helpful information for others. I read your elitist diamond trip post, and the snobbish and misleading comments you made about the Lagoon Tower. </font>

Hey, that was humor...generally about timehsares and the high-pressure pitches involved...no offense meant.

Snobbish and misleading!?!?!? Please go to the thread in question and correct whatever I posted you disagree with. The additional information will only help future travelers.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 6:13 pm

In your trip report you said:

"If possible, families should stay in the Ocean Tower - better service, not a mob scene at the pool, very nice. If you have no kids, stay at the Palace Tower. I can't think of a reason to stay at the Lagoon Tower - it's like a zoo. The pools are bigger and fancier, but the crowd and surrounding layout make it very uncomfortable."

My comment:

In reading your report, you said you have children and that "families should stay in the Ocean Tower." Why? Because you don't want to expose them to the mob scene at the Lagoon pools? The dictionary defines "mob" as a disorderly and lawless crowd, rabble." We had no problem with adults and kids at the pools, and the surrounding layout was beautiful. I was very comfortable at all times. I'm a grandfather. I enjoyed watching my 5 year old granddaughter and 8 year old grandson go down the water slide over and over. We rented the kayaks and pedal equipment at the lagoon beach. If we stayed at the Ocean Tower and used their pools for 6 days, we would have been bored silly. Don't get me wrong - the Ocean Tower is o.k. for couples with toddlers and old folks, but NOT for young families. If they want action, they will be walking or waiting for the tram to go all the way over to the Lagoon Tower side several times each day. What a waste of time that would be.

The information you provided in the first paragraph above, will not help future travelers. Otherwise the rest of your trip report was factual and informative; despite your rusty eyeballs.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 10:05 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Our ocean view Lagoon Tower rooms had new pillowtop mattresses and fluffy comforters. The OT rooms we stayed in later still had aging mattresses and dreary brown blankies, not even triple-sheeted. LT location is great, right by the biz center and gym. Having now had OV rooms in all three towers LT housekeeper was much more attentive. I much prefer LT.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 11:47 pm

Back on topic: I would appreciate the info if I did not know about it! However, my wife and I have taken advantage of it Back with the 50k promo for 4/5 stays (don't remember exactly) within 90 days. We switched between HHV, Doubletree walked over and HHV again. Just walked back with our roller bag. We were there, because our son was performing with the Citrus Singers. We also picked up 30k points for the timeshare presentation. It was totally painless since we informed the sales person we were there only for the points. We just talked for 30 minutes about where we were from. It helped earn us the ALON award, which we cashed in last April at HWV. We were once again offered, this time 20k points, to attend this timeshare. They cleared us to receive the points and it was a pleasant,low key, informative conversation. Yes, it may be hard to believe, but we have sat through our fair share of high pressure timeshare sales presentations to know the difference. In July we did the *wood 50k Pacific/Asia promo. I love these opportunities to earn 20, 30, 50k points I greatly appreciate FTers for it
Old Sep 5, 2003, 12:08 am

ok i'm gonna do it next week, anyone want to join me for the presentation so we don't both nod off??
Old Sep 7, 2003, 5:08 pm

Waikoloa - Gold Honors Upgrade?

I will be returning to the Hilton Waikoloa Resort for 10 days in November with my wife and two children. Six of these nights will be with a free nights certificate and I'll be paying rack rate for the remaining nights. I assumed that I would be upgraded to the Towers or best available room upon check-in, but was recently told by a colleague that the Honor's upgrade policy never applies to free nights.

Does anyone have any recent experience at the HWVillage as a Gold, or advice as to how I can make the most of our stay?

Thanks!

Craigg
Old Sep 11, 2003, 9:22 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Hilton Waikoloa creates new lounge, and atmosphere

Hilton Waikoloa creates new lounge, and atmosphere

By BOBBY COMMAND/ West Hawaii Today

A much needed addition to the lobby of the Hilton Waikoloa Village provide an atmosphere reminiscent of a lifestyle enjoyed in Hawaii during the early 20th Century.

The $3 million "SS Malolo Lounge," scheduled for a Dec. 20 grand opening, will provide a gathering place for people watching, quick meals, enjoying Hawaiian entertainment or just waiting for guests.

"Its a means to make the Hilton Waikoloa Village more of a gathering place for residents and visitors alike," said Leanne Pletcher, Hilton Waikoloa Village spokesman. "It is a convenience which was not available before, and a source of entertainment in the evening."

Rest of article at
http://www.westhawaiitoday.com/daily...business1.html
Old Sep 11, 2003, 11:04 am

Programs: HHonors, SPG, UAL - 1P
It sounds ah, interesting. But I am not clear on what value it brings to guests. Good news is I check in on 12/21, so hopefully I'll be able to get a better idea of what it is for.
Old Sep 11, 2003, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA PLT, HH Diamond, SPG PLT, MR PLT, Hertz 5*
I check in on Dec. 26. Perhaps while I am People Watching, gathering or just waiting for guests, I will see you there.

J
Old Sep 11, 2003, 2:20 pm

Oh well - I'll miss it by 3 weeks...
Old Sep 11, 2003, 3:09 pm

I was hoping this meant they were redoing the executive lounge!
Old Sep 11, 2003, 6:24 pm

Perhaps it will take care of the 'lack of nightlife' aspect at HWV. After dinner, there is absolutely nowhere to go besides the boat landing pavilion, which is not really that great. It might be nice to have a 'bar' type atmosphere where people can congregate between 8-10 or so

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.