Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How To Keep Hilton Honors Points From Expiring: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
In accordance with the terms and conditions of Hilton HHonors:

Members who do not have eligible activity as defined in a. - d. below in any 24 consecutive month period may be removed from the Program and are subject to forfeiture of all accumulated Points. At the discretion of Hilton Honors, such Members may be permitted to remain in the Program and removed after five years of inactivity. To keep accumulated Hilton Honors Points, the Member must take one of the following actions within a 24 consecutive month period:
  1. stay at a hotel within the Hilton Portfolio pursuant to the terms herein;
  2. earn Hilton Honors Points through any third party source of Hilton Honors Point accumulation, including a Hilton co-branded credit card, pursuant to its terms;
  3. purchase Hilton Honors Points; or,
  4. donate Points through The Hilton Honors Giving Back Program.

Print Wikipost

How To Keep Hilton Honors Points From Expiring: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2007, 6:52 pm

Can you make changes in your profile and count as activity?
Old Jul 17, 2007, 5:51 am

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
updating your profile won't count as activity
Old Jul 24, 2007, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by rrgg
(1) Last month I transferred Amtrak to HH.
(2) I'm about to transfer eRewards to HH in July, Oct, Jan.
(3) 500 points for signing up at MyPoints.
In case this helps anyone, HH responded when I asked about the first 2 activities shown above. Response,

"Yes that does count as activity as long as it’s a transfer, a survey and even point purchase keeps you active."

So how long does the MyPoints signup bonus take to post? I read an earlier post from years ago which said just a few days, but no luck here so far.
Old Aug 18, 2007, 7:42 pm

HHonors Quick Points/Activity

Hi everyone,

I haven't touched my HHonors account for a long time, and recently I got an email saying that my points will be forfeited because of inactivity on Sept 1st unless I do something. However, I'm currently traveling out of the country. Does anyone have any suggestions on quick/free/cheap/easy ways to put activity onto my account to avoid losing my accrued points? I need something that I can do using the internet.

Much appreciated!

J.
Old Aug 18, 2007, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA Nobody, HH Silver, PC Platinum
How about buying some points?
Kate
Old Aug 18, 2007, 7:46 pm

you can try to check if any of ur current enrolled partner programs allow transfer of points into your HHonor acct

if not, you can always buy 1000 HHonor points for $12.50 on their site.
Old Aug 18, 2007, 7:48 pm

Thanks - this is helpful. Do you know how long that'll keep me 'active' for? I'm on a project in Bangladesh - no Hilton chains to be had here!
Old Aug 18, 2007, 7:58 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
1 year.
Old Aug 18, 2007, 8:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Gold Medallion
Here is some good reading http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435471
Old Aug 18, 2007, 9:53 pm

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Gold
At least you were notified

I lost all my points from hhonors with nary and email or letter. Didn't use my acct for 6 mos, tried to login and got a message that the acct was no longer valid. Hilton wouldn't give me the points back although I didn't try to terribly hard as I've switched over to Hyatt.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 7:36 am

Programs: ICH plat RA,HH Dia
Originally Posted by redsoxalso
I lost all my points from hhonors with nary and email or letter. Didn't use my acct for 6 mos, tried to login and got a message that the acct was no longer valid. Hilton wouldn't give me the points back although I didn't try to terribly hard as I've switched over to Hyatt.
just wondering?How many points did you have and at what level? worth a call in my opnion
Old Aug 23, 2007, 5:33 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Originally Posted by redsoxalso
Same here! I just checked my account yesterday to make a reservation and was shocked that my account was no longer valid. I had not heard anything from Hilton with regard to closing out my account (including the loss of 88,000 points!), and so I sent HH an e mail. Haven't heard anything back yet
Old Aug 23, 2007, 3:07 pm

Programs: 1MM UA
Originally Posted by mauld
Same here! I just checked my account yesterday to make a reservation and was shocked that my account was no longer valid. I had not heard anything from Hilton with regard to closing out my account (including the loss of 88,000 points!), and so I sent HH an e mail. Haven't heard anything back yet
When was your last activity?
Old Aug 23, 2007, 9:52 pm

Programs: ICH plat RA,HH Dia
Originally Posted by mauld
It must have been quite a while since your last stay
Old Aug 24, 2007, 2:35 pm

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Trying to check availability I found my a.... was suspended, too..... called customer service and was told that they notified me 3 years ago(!) by e-mail of the expiration policy.... I scoured the website just now but didn't find it mentioned. She first offered to let me "re-earn" the lost points at 5k recovere per night I stay during the upcoming year-- I declined. Then she said she could file a claim to request the account be reviewed and the points reinstated-- that will take up to 10 business days. So here I wait... :-/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.