Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How To Keep Hilton Honors Points From Expiring: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
In accordance with the terms and conditions of Hilton HHonors:

Members who do not have eligible activity as defined in a. - d. below in any 24 consecutive month period may be removed from the Program and are subject to forfeiture of all accumulated Points. At the discretion of Hilton Honors, such Members may be permitted to remain in the Program and removed after five years of inactivity. To keep accumulated Hilton Honors Points, the Member must take one of the following actions within a 24 consecutive month period:
  1. stay at a hotel within the Hilton Portfolio pursuant to the terms herein;
  2. earn Hilton Honors Points through any third party source of Hilton Honors Point accumulation, including a Hilton co-branded credit card, pursuant to its terms;
  3. purchase Hilton Honors Points; or,
  4. donate Points through The Hilton Honors Giving Back Program.

Print Wikipost

How To Keep Hilton Honors Points From Expiring: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2006, 8:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
July 10th is plenty o' time for Amex points to post.

If they said April 30th, then it would be hello local Hampton Inn, but with 2 months to spare you shouldn't have to outlay a dime.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 5:22 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Is that offer still available.. I am looking at their website and I don't see it.

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Make a donation to the Walk For Hope for 5K points.
http://www.cityofhope.org/WalkforHop...tonHHonors.htm
Old Apr 19, 2006, 6:33 pm

Thanks for the thread. After re-reading, I went ahead and bought 1,000 points for $12.50 to put it to bed. It was worth the peace of mind to not lose 80,000 points.

Thanks
Old Jun 5, 2006, 1:39 pm

Programs: NWA, Delta, AA, United, BA
Did HHonors CSR mislead me?

Here is what the HHonors CRS replied to my e-reward-To-Hhonors-conversion for saving from membership lapse query:

Thank you for your e-mail. Exchanging points from E-rewards does not
keep your account open. The survey bonus already posted in June 2005. To
keep your account open you may purchase 1,000 points at USD 12.50 or you
may record a stay on your account. Should you need further assistance
please let us know.

--
Hi,
Please let me know, if earning HHonors points via e-rewards will help
me keep my membership from lapsing. If I redeem e-rewards $ for hhonors
points today, will they post in time to save my membership from lapsing?

Was I conned into buying HHonors points??
Old Jul 6, 2006, 2:08 pm
KRS

travellingconnect

Apologies if this has been discussed but I did search and could not find anything relevant.

Anyone know if points earned through travellingconnect (points for mobile phone roaming) will keep my account alive? I got an email that my account is expiring and have no stays planned.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Would like to keep my HH acct active, what is lowest cost option?

thread title says it all. I have 6000 points for when i stayed @ hilton park lane last Oct, however would like to keep acct active. Any ideas on the lowest cost option? mycokerewards has exhausted the lower of the HH bonuses... i have till Oct 1.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 2:33 pm

I suggest that you look at obtaining one of the FREE credit cards supported by Hilton. THis should give you 10,000 points as soon as you pay the first bill. Thereafter you can charge the odd tank of gas to the card.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Amex Plat; AA-United-KLM
Originally Posted by psyflyer
thread title says it all. I have 6000 points for when i stayed @ hilton park lane last Oct, however would like to keep acct active. Any ideas on the lowest cost option? mycokerewards has exhausted the lower of the HH bonuses... i have till Oct 1.
Consider getting and using a HHonors visa or american express. Both are sans annual fee and purchases add points to your Hhonors account and keep it active.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 2:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat; Air Canada E75K; Westjet Platinum
Does having a meal at a restaurant inside a local Hilton Garden Inn without an overnight stay keep my HH account active?
Old Jul 23, 2006, 2:59 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by Sunny Day
Does having a meal at a restaurant inside a local Hilton Garden Inn without an overnight stay keep my HH account active?
No, you have to stay at the hotel to get points.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 3:17 pm

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
e-rewards might be an option
Old Jul 23, 2006, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Bondiboy
I suggest that you look at obtaining one of the FREE credit cards supported by Hilton. THis should give you 10,000 points as soon as you pay the first bill. Thereafter you can charge the odd tank of gas to the card.
I agree plus the amex will give you silver.
Old Jul 23, 2006, 6:09 pm

Another option would be Mypoints.

alextktan
Old Jul 24, 2006, 5:00 am

Programs: a little here, a little there
You could also try the "Where are you going" game at Hilton Garden Inn... not a sure thing, but I won 250 points a few weeks back.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 8:46 am

Location: Franklin, TN HHonors Diamond, Worldperks Platinum, Priority Club Platinum
don't give up on the mycokerewards, they add the lower bonuses back from time to time. Otherwise, I would go mypoints.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.