Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How To Keep Hilton Honors Points From Expiring: The Definitive Thread

Old Mar 19, 2015, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
In accordance with the terms and conditions of Hilton HHonors:

Members who do not have eligible activity as defined in a. - d. below in any 24 consecutive month period may be removed from the Program and are subject to forfeiture of all accumulated Points. At the discretion of Hilton Honors, such Members may be permitted to remain in the Program and removed after five years of inactivity. To keep accumulated Hilton Honors Points, the Member must take one of the following actions within a 24 consecutive month period:
  1. stay at a hotel within the Hilton Portfolio pursuant to the terms herein;
  2. earn Hilton Honors Points through any third party source of Hilton Honors Point accumulation, including a Hilton co-branded credit card, pursuant to its terms;
  3. purchase Hilton Honors Points; or,
  4. donate Points through The Hilton Honors Giving Back Program.

Print Wikipost

How To Keep Hilton Honors Points From Expiring: The Definitive Thread

Old Apr 23, 2005, 1:52 pm

150,xxx HHonors points going to expire soon, what can i do??

They are going to expire soon. What can I do to make sure they don't expire? I've gone back to school the last year thus my account was inactive.

Are there any places i can accrue a couple of points online to keep my account active?

I have a ton of FF miles on various airlines, would it be possible to convert some of these miles to hhonor points in order for it to qualify as an 'activity' to keep my account active? I realize i'll take a hit in the conversion rates, but its better than losing these points out right.

Thanks for any advice.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 2:01 pm

I would just check into the local hampton inn
Old Apr 23, 2005, 2:33 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
You can purchase some HH points if you don't have the time to check in/out. I believe conversion from other FF programs also work.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 2:38 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
HHonors Credit Card

Apply for the HHonors Visa or Amex card.
(No fee credit cards.)

Even a couple of $$ charged/paid will count as activity.

I'm sure your textbooks are very inexpensive.
(One of my employees is finishing his MBA......amazing what they get for books.)

Don't let 150,000 points expire.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
HH has been known to extend otherwise inactive accounts for another year if you call them and ask nicely.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UAL Premier Exec, SPG and HH Gold
Do you have enough e-rewards $ or mypoints so you can transfer some? 1,000 mypoints can be redeemed for 1,000 HH points, $25 e-rewards = 1,000 HH points or $50 e-rewards = 3,000 HH points.
Old Apr 23, 2005, 6:36 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
First, how soon is "soon?"

If it is REALLY "soon" call first - they can be nice and extend the life of your points six months or a year. Then be sure to maintain some regular activity - a no-fee credit card you pay off monthly can keep those alive and add more to them, so when you are ready to celebrate your release, er, graduation, you can enjoy a very nice stay somewhere.

If it's not THAT soon, check WebFlyer's conversion tool to see what you can convert and the exhange rates. It might take six weeks in some instances, so...

THEN go for the fee-free card to add more miles...
Old Apr 24, 2005, 4:37 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Get the Hilton Amex and charge something, if you do not have enough time either buy a night a hampton or use some miles fo rthe night some are only 7,500 these days.
Troy
Old Apr 24, 2005, 10:31 am

For quick free points...

you should sign up for MyPoints www.mypoints.com and get a few quicks points, 25-30 a day for clicking emails, and convert to HHonors, no fee no minimum. Someone here will refer you for 1,000 points, maybe even me.
Old Apr 24, 2005, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by PetoskeyFlyer
Someone here will refer you for 1,000 points, maybe even me.
Since when does MyPoints give 1000 points per a referral? As far as I remember, it's been 100 per person, up to 1000 per month.

Mike
Old Apr 24, 2005, 2:08 pm

Soon is July 31st.

It sounds like a good idea to ask if I can just ask for a 1 yr extension, but getting the credit card might be a longer term solution. I won't be getting out of school for a long long time, so I need to find a long term solution.

Any good deals out there for signing up for the card? I get tons of credit card offers, and some undoubtably from hhonors.. unfortunately, I rarely read them before i shred them.
Old Apr 24, 2005, 2:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Bet bet, mypoints,
Just order a few ink cartridges from one of their links and repeat. Then transfer to your account. Works fast and prices are great, plus you always need the ink. I now have a 2 year supply!!

JudyJFLA
Old Apr 24, 2005, 6:06 pm

MyPoints

Originally Posted by nako
Since when does MyPoints give 1000 points per a referral? As far as I remember, it's been 100 per person, up to 1000 per month.

Mike
"When your friends join MyPoints, and earn their first 60 Points, you'll earn 100 Points. See Program Rules for details."

Okay so its 100/new member, the point is it can be done in a day with the number of emails I get.
Old Apr 24, 2005, 6:51 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
American Express Hilton HHonors Platinum card (no annual fee) application. 20,000 points first use, 2,500 each for first four Hilton hotels booked, etc.

Originally Posted by doctorbonez
Soon is July 31st.

It sounds like a good idea to ask if I can just ask for a 1 yr extension, but getting the credit card might be a longer term solution. I won't be getting out of school for a long long time, so I need to find a long term solution.

Any good deals out there for signing up for the card? I get tons of credit card offers, and some undoubtably from hhonors.. unfortunately, I rarely read them before i shred them.
Old Apr 24, 2005, 8:33 pm

Programs: HHonors-Diamond, SPG-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum,NW-Plat
Talking

if you have the platinum amex... they offer (quote from the site) "An Exclusive Hotel Reward
Only Hilton HHonors Platinum Credit Cardmembers can receive four nights at any Category 5 or Category 6 Hilton Family hotel worldwide for only 125,000 HHonors points. To redeem this reward, please call 1-800-920-5649 and request Reward Code AXON."

fun stuff

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.