Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How To Keep Hilton Honors Points From Expiring: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
In accordance with the terms and conditions of Hilton HHonors:

Members who do not have eligible activity as defined in a. - d. below in any 24 consecutive month period may be removed from the Program and are subject to forfeiture of all accumulated Points. At the discretion of Hilton Honors, such Members may be permitted to remain in the Program and removed after five years of inactivity. To keep accumulated Hilton Honors Points, the Member must take one of the following actions within a 24 consecutive month period:
  1. stay at a hotel within the Hilton Portfolio pursuant to the terms herein;
  2. earn Hilton Honors Points through any third party source of Hilton Honors Point accumulation, including a Hilton co-branded credit card, pursuant to its terms;
  3. purchase Hilton Honors Points; or,
  4. donate Points through The Hilton Honors Giving Back Program.

Print Wikipost

How To Keep Hilton Honors Points From Expiring: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2004, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
If you have Amex Membership Reward points you can transfer 200+ over to Hilton. That will do it. As will buying the smallest possible number of points (1,000?).
Old Sep 3, 2004, 11:17 am

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
Just buy some HH points. You can spend as little as $25.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just to ease your mind a little. Nov. 1 is almost 2 months away, not 30 days. And if you don't plan on doing any stays with Hilton are the <7000 points worth the stress to you to keep them active? You did say you don't want to do a stay to keep them active.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 12:14 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

...and then there is what was going to be The Definitive “How To Earn Hilton HHonors Points” Thread, which was originally conceived to assist in preventing more duplicate threads such as this one...
Old Sep 3, 2004, 12:17 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Maybe this thread could be stickied since searching seems to beyond some?
Old Sep 3, 2004, 1:04 pm
Suspended

If I was you I would apply for either the HH Visa or amex card (I assume you have neither). Once you get it (apply by phone or online) use it not only will you get 10,000 pts for getting the card you can round up your total pts by using it sure 1 pt per $1 aint great but this way you can up to 20,000 and then cash em in. These cards dont have an annual fee so no direct cost involved.
Any other means will let you retain your pts but you'll only be back in the same position again, my way you'll be able to use them pretty quick.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by Scott218
Just buy some HH points. You can spend as little as $25.
You can purchase HH points for as little as $12.50...

aloha
Old Oct 26, 2004, 2:16 pm

Programs: Airline free agent; Starwood Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
Exclamation Help with Mattress Run to save expiring points!

I have over 170,000 points with HHonors which are going to expire unless I stay at a Hilton property or earn partner miles by Nov. 1.

Does anyone know what the best way to find CHEAP points-earning rates for hilton properties in the Atlanta area? I have searched the Hilton website and come up with nothing under $75. I can "stay" any night between now and Oct 31. Doesn't matter what night or what location, since I will only be going there to check in and check out and not actually staying there.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Oct 26, 2004, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Wouldn't it be cheaper to rent an Avis car for a day for $35 or so?
Old Oct 26, 2004, 3:23 pm

or buy a 1000 points online?
Old Oct 27, 2004, 1:09 pm

Programs: Airline free agent; Starwood Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by franjelley
or buy a 1000 points online?

I wasn't confident that buying points online would count towards extending the expiration date. So, I called HHonors and asked what my options were and if the points actually had to be in the account by Nov. 1 or just the points-earning activity had to be completed by then.

A very nice lady offered to extend my exiration date until January 2006. So, I'll just have to make sure I stay with Hilton more often in the next year.

NICE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

pleasantly surprised
Old Oct 27, 2004, 1:35 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
A run request solved by a call! ^ Should always be your first move. Good for you!
Old Oct 28, 2004, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Or get a Hilton AmEx

The Hilton American Express card has no annual fee. I use mine every six months or so at Costco to buy vintage port, when I visit my sister in California.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 3:03 am

Wow, a definite ^ to FT on this one! I was in the same boat as the OP until I found this thread, called HH, and got a similar extension. Very nice, as I'm driving cross-country soon, and will be sure to stay at a Hampton or two along the way now.
Old Oct 30, 2004, 4:28 am

Sc1

Originally Posted by sfokilla
Wow, a definite ^ to FT on this one! I was in the same boat as the OP until I found this thread, called HH, and got a similar extension. Very nice, as I'm driving cross-country soon, and will be sure to stay at a Hampton or two along the way now.

Just a rememberance to save you 25% at any Hilton property is promo code SC1, booked over 20 days in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.