Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How To Keep Hilton Honors Points From Expiring: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
In accordance with the terms and conditions of Hilton HHonors:

Members who do not have eligible activity as defined in a. - d. below in any 24 consecutive month period may be removed from the Program and are subject to forfeiture of all accumulated Points. At the discretion of Hilton Honors, such Members may be permitted to remain in the Program and removed after five years of inactivity. To keep accumulated Hilton Honors Points, the Member must take one of the following actions within a 24 consecutive month period:
  1. stay at a hotel within the Hilton Portfolio pursuant to the terms herein;
  2. earn Hilton Honors Points through any third party source of Hilton Honors Point accumulation, including a Hilton co-branded credit card, pursuant to its terms;
  3. purchase Hilton Honors Points; or,
  4. donate Points through The Hilton Honors Giving Back Program.

Print Wikipost

How To Keep Hilton Honors Points From Expiring: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2009, 9:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Get an HHonors Amex and buy something with it -- anything.

Then call HHonors and let them know and ask them to keep your points until Amex credits you (within a few days after your billing date).

I don't know if they will agree but it is worth a try.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 10:10 am

Programs: SPG Plat and that is that!
$12.50 Purchase Points?

Hi

So, what about just purchasing 1000 points for $12.50? I don't think there are extra fees or anything - its instant, its an "earn" best I can tell - will this work?

Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 2009, 1:42 pm

Buy 1000 points. It's fast and simple and works.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by IncredibleDeals
Buy 1000 points. It's fast and simple and works.
+1 I've done this 2x now. The only program that's easier is the US where a purchase of a 99 cent iTune extends your account 18 months. ^

(Compare with the obnoxious SPG program which requires an actual stay or an SPG Amex card ).
Old Jan 11, 2009, 1:35 am

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
Or you can send somebody flowers through Fleurop.com

500 points per purchase. You can even use a shopping site like aadvantageeshopping.com to enter (what I do) earning miles through the shoppingsite, points for Hilton and miles through my creditcard.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 4:28 am

Programs: RA
thank

Last edited by Abdulmalik100; Mar 22, 2011 at 4:34 am
Old Jan 13, 2009, 2:09 am

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
Originally Posted by Abdulmalik100
I am call hhonor
I ask him
how i can keep my account & card not expiring ?
he is say
affter 12 months from last stay not stay hilton hotels
the points expir
Then they should read their own T&C. This is not true, any action will reset the 12 month period, not only stays.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 2:11 pm

Programs: tug
Owning a HGVC timeshare gives you silver status. Does anyone know if it is still necessary to have activity in your account yearly to keep your points from expiring if you own a timeshare with them?
Old Jan 24, 2009, 5:00 pm

Depending on ur time, why not just keep an e-reward acct n the near future. It costs nothing. Thru e-rewards I, like so many others, just posted 7k pts into my acct. If u have the HH CC, order some V-Day flowers well n advance from FTD/Teleflora, get pts from ur cc into ur acct + get a 1500pt bonus. Its still ongoing. Just IMHO-but who am I to know.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 5:04 pm

REMINDER-sometimes ordering flowers comes w/ a svc fee.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 4:36 pm

Keeping HH Points Alive

Any new deals I take advantage of to keep my points alive...They will expire in March, so I need something quick. Hopefully without a nights stay. Thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2009, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by Boraxo
+1 I've done this 2x now. The only program that's easier is the US where a purchase of a 99 cent iTune extends your account 18 months. ^

(Compare with the obnoxious SPG program which requires an actual stay or an SPG Amex card ).
Can someone talk further on the US itunes idea. Where do you shop at HH to buy this itunes card?
Old Feb 13, 2009, 5:24 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by Bam Man Emeril
Can someone talk further on the US itunes idea. Where do you shop at HH to buy this itunes card?
For US Airways, and other airlines, there is a shopping mall where you can click through to various online retailers, including Apple iTunes, make a purchase, and get miles credited to your frequent flyer account.

HHonors appears to have something similar, although I can't seem to log into it myself:

https://www.hiltonhhonorsearningsmall.com/
Old Feb 13, 2009, 5:49 pm

Programs: US, LH, HH
Well, like posted only a few posts ago - buy points if you need them quick. I think the earningsmall is down at the moment, I'm pretty sure I was able to login a few weeks ago, but can't right now. Either way, I never tried it but I would suspect that it can take a while before the points posts from that mall - so not a quick way and if you have troubles with their tracking/posting (as it sometimes happens with this sort of business) also a bit of a reliability issue.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Well, my account got closed, so I called Hhonors to reactivated my account, and they gladly did. Had > 50k HHpoints, so they said I will get 5000 pts for every nite i stay with hilton and they comp'd me to gold

Now all i need is to apply the surpass card and get diamond .... the easy way

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.