Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!

Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!

    Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 29, 17, 2:54 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: MaldivesFreak
Wiki Link
Here is a link to Hilton T & C on pooling:

http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/p...money/faq.html

1. What is Points Pooling?
Points Pooling will allow Hilton Honors Members to combine their Points with family and friends to book a stay. With this perk, a Member (and up to 10 others) will now be able to combine their Points. For example, if a group of friends are taking a trip together and individually don’t have enough Points to cover their entire stay, they will now be able to combine their Points, free of charge, into one account to unlock new redemption opportunities.

2. Is there a fee to participate in the Points Pooling program?
No, there is no fee to participate in Points Pooling.

3. How many people can contribute to Points Pooling?
A total of 11 Hilton Honors Members can pool their Points together. One Member initiates the pooling and up to 10 other Members can contribute.

4. Do I need to create a new "pooled" account?
No. Members can use their existing account.

5. How many Points Pools can I be in?
There is no limit on the number of pools a member can be in at a given time.

6. Can you use Pooled Points for just room rates or can it be used for non-room rewards including shopping and experiences?
Yes, once Points are pooled, they can be used for any room or non-room reward product, including the experiences available on the Hilton Honors auction platform, Hilton Honors Shopping Mall and any other non-room reward products.

7. Can you combine Pooled Points with money?
Once Points are pooled they can be used for any room reward product, including a Points & Money Rewards™ reward reservation.

8. What is the minimum/maximum number of Points that can be pooled?
A Member can transfer a minimum of 1,000 Points and a maximum of 500,000 Points into a pool in a calendar year. A Member can receive up to 2 million Points in a calendar year.

9. Are there particular qualifications you must meet to be able to pool Points?
To use Points Pooling, you must be an active Member, be in the program for 30 days, and have a minimum Points balance of 1,000 Points.

10. When will Points Pooling be available?
Points Pooling is now available. Start pooling your Hilton Honors Points here.

11. When will the Points be shown in the other Member’s account and be ready for use?
The transferred or pooled Points will be available for use at the time of transfer, but please allow up to 24 hours for pooled Points to show up when you log in to your account.

12. Where and how do I Points Pool once I have a group of Members that want to combine Points?
All Points Pooling activities will be transacted online via HiltonHonors.com.

13. Where do I go to transfer my Points to the Points Pool initiator?
The Points contributor must access the transfer page through the Points Pool invitation email sent on behalf ot the Points Pool initiator.

14. What’s the difference between Points Pooling and Points Transfer?
Points Transfer is a 1:1 transaction, while Points Pooling allows for combining Hilton Honors Points with up to 10 other people (11 including yourself).

15. After I send Points to a friend for Pooling, what happens if he/she cancels the trip? How can I get my Points back?
If your friend has to cancel his/her trip, he/she can simply transfer the Points back to your account for free.
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Sep 20, 17, 10:05 am
  #121  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Amsterdam, Asia, UK
Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Posts: 4,942
Also Loyaltylobby (John) reported in May2017, seemingly a different guest as hotel stays were Poland/Krakow regards HH account closure.

Being a blog site, John obtained more detail when he followed up.

http://loyaltylobby.com/2017/05/15/c...hilton-honors/


In Zoe Tze thread here, a new 4-6month account with multiple complaints, similar to the Krakow user who had account closed.
scubaccr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 17, 11:46 am
  #122  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Programs: AA, BA Gold, Accor, Honors Diamond and lots more....
Posts: 2,131
Quick question.

In the app you are given an option to give feedback.

Is that wrong to do if not happy?
Zoe Tse likes this.
GentleGiant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 17, 12:06 pm
  #123  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,450
Originally Posted by scubaccr View Post
Also Loyaltylobby (John) reported in May2017, seemingly a different guest as hotel stays were Poland/Krakow regards HH account closure.

Being a blog site, John obtained more detail when he followed up.

http://loyaltylobby.com/2017/05/15/c...hilton-honors/


In Zoe Tze thread here, a new 4-6month account with multiple complaints, similar to the Krakow user who had account closed.
Woah really fascinating. I actually know about this case regarding Kraków and here it is on LL! He has had more compo points from properties in 6 months than I have ever had. : I have received a total of 10k for an issue and thats it...in 15 years.

I always try to deal with issues before check-out and I know how the system works so I try to work with management for an outcome. I always want the issue fixed rather than to be compensated, only if management are complete idiots will I push hard.

AND 30k out of DT Łódź, I find this hotel to be flawless that rings huge alarm bells.
Brendan likes this.
hugolover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 17, 5:47 pm
  #124  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: トロント
Programs: AC E50K, Flying Blue, Accor Gold, ANA, Avios
Posts: 4,111
Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
I always try to deal with issues before check-out and I know how the system works so I try to work with management for an outcome. I always want the issue fixed rather than to be compensated, only if management are complete idiots will I push hard.


Well, there's the rub. Some are only really interested in compensation. They feign that they are doing it as some kind of quality control project, but I think most of us can tell the difference.

Oh, and by the way. The title of this thread is "Closed account without reason".

It really should be "Closed account due to number of complaints".
mapleg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 17, 7:44 pm
  #125  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA
Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Posts: 39,768
To be clear and according to OP, HH did not close the account due to the number of complaints. HH closed the account for violation of the t&c, e.g., OP's contract with HH. The number of complaints was "in addition" (OP's words, maybe HH).

That seems entirely reasonable. HH had a violation to deal with and it appears that the OP is routinely unhappy and not satisfied. That suggests firing as a happy ending for both HH and OP.
Brendan, KENNECTED and Srisarin like this.
Often1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 17, 9:09 pm
  #126  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York, NY
Programs: The Golden status boy
Posts: 853
The OP got caught in a scam to enrich their account by taking advantage of a satisfaction guarantee policy. It's no different than people that go to McDonalds and claim that the drive-thru person forgot a bag of their food to get a free meal. It's a bad showing to revisit the same hotel over and over if it's not up to your standards. Servicing the OP puts Hilton at a loss. Can't blame them at all for showing OP the curb. If you're not happy, go back to Starwood and Marriott. Points are not real world currency. They are the property of Hilton. You put your money on red and it came up black. Go find another casino.
BearX220, Brendan and Srisarin like this.
spankytoes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 17, 10:32 pm
  #127  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: SIN;CGK
Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Posts: 260
TIL that you can get points when you have less than perfect stay at hiltons. the most I've ever get are a basket of fruits and that after they (DT Johor) made me waited 2 hours at the exec lounge after saying the room will be ready in 15 minutes
sandyph is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 17, 11:04 am
  #128  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 24
Angry

Originally Posted by scubaccr View Post
How about both OPs having new accounts opened in April2017, so they could both status match a second time for HH-Diamond, having already matched and not stayed enough to keep HH-Diamond

OP please confirm when/why you opened new Apr2017 HH accounts
(Very suspicious timing ...as Apr 1st 2017 is when HH Elite (Diamond/Gold) status is reset/lost if too few nights stayed in 2016 year by both OPS)
AND IF
a)You status Matched (challenged) these new Apr2017 accounts to HH-Gold/Diamond
Also If
b)You previously had other older HH accounts before opening Apr2017 accts
c)If you status matched/challenged the earlier older account
d)If you lost HH Status from 1st April ,, SO opened new accts to status match again

Basically my thought is that the HH Fraud relates purely to creation of NEW APR2017 accounts by OPS, and obvious issue is OP creating new accounts to status match/challenge to have another 24months HH-Diamond

If OPS played this game, to create new accts to match as HH-Diamonmd, then it is fraudulent ant HH are correct to close ALL of OPS HH accounts with forfeiture of unused points and unused booked points nights.
Both of us are platinum of Marriott and never been Hilton, just matched Hilton at Apr and July 2017.
Before Apr this year, we don't know that there is a gambling HHonor in the world. We don't request / expect any penalty (points) from Hilton. We did the same complaint to Marriott / SPG if they are not met the standard. It is common sense to a service provider to review their quality by customer reviews. No idea how gambling HHonor can set the rules for points compensation but kill you when you reflect the fact.

How amazing that many readers/ HHonor members agree with this.

In HK, eventhough you have clear T&C, unfair is unfair, any organizations can't cut members benefit in any sense. For example $1 for a chicken promotion, you can order how many you can, you can't kill a kid if they spend HK$10 dollar for 10 chicken. It is consumer protection.

Really disappointed about why unfair T&C become acceptable here.

#######
$100 for a iPhone 10

T&C: 1000 pages with a sentence: iPhone is belong to me. Just on loan for a week.
######

It's really encourage Robbing for individual consumers.

Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
Quick question.

In the app you are given an option to give feedback.

Is that wrong to do if not happy?
We love a person/an org/ an app or a restaurant which accept reviews. It is common sense for a service provider to improve itself and increase it's competity.

Add a function in App represent that Hilton encourage comment. However, when you tell the fact, (all complaints are under 3-star standard) they Rob out all your asset under hilton.

This is clearly to guide members into the trap to get money.

Originally Posted by spankytoes View Post
The OP got caught in a scam to enrich their account by taking advantage of a satisfaction guarantee policy. It's no different than people that go to McDonalds and claim that the drive-thru person forgot a bag of their food to get a free meal. It's a bad showing to revisit the same hotel over and over if it's not up to your standards. Servicing the OP puts Hilton at a loss. Can't blame them at all for showing OP the curb. If you're not happy, go back to Starwood and Marriott. Points are not real world currency. They are the property of Hilton. You put your money on red and it came up black. Go find another casino.
As said, it is something under standard.
Furthermore, no one asked McDonald's to offer free meal.
If you come to McDonald's and you give review to improve McDonald's standard, and McDonald's offer you a free meal. It is a fair deal, or it is promotion campaign. But no matter Any else, you can't Rob out all McDonald's points which collected one by one ( it is one of discount why selected McDonald's).

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Oct 6, 17 at 7:31 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts
Zoe Tse is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 17, 11:52 am
  #129  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: トロント
Programs: AC E50K, Flying Blue, Accor Gold, ANA, Avios
Posts: 4,111
Originally Posted by Zoe Tse View Post
As said, it is something under standard.
Furthermore, no one asked McDonald's to offer free meal.
If you come to McDonald's and you give review to improve McDonald's standard, and McDonald's offer you a free meal. It is a fair deal, or it is promotion campaign. But no matter Any else, you can't Rob out all McDonald's points which collected one by one ( it is one of discount why selected McDonald's).
Not if you complain endlessly.

Frankly, most of your comments seem to centre on the fact that you think all companies want and encourage people to complain about them so they can "improve". No, what they want to do is in fact earn a profit. If 99.9% of customers don't complain and .1% of customers complain, what does that tell you?

I am sure all of us going to MCD could find something to complain about-line too long, service did not smile, food not right temp, too hot/cold in the restaurant, restroom not clean, soap not the best, table not cleaned...you can always find these kind of minor complaints. That's life. Start complaining every time you go there and hope for free meal? Not the way it will work.
mapleg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 17, 11:54 am
  #130  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
To be clear and according to OP, HH did not close the account due to the number of complaints. HH closed the account for violation of the t&c, e.g., OP's contract with HH. The number of complaints was "in addition" (OP's words, maybe HH).

That seems entirely reasonable. HH had a violation to deal with and it appears that the OP is routinely unhappy and not satisfied. That suggests firing as a happy ending for both HH and OP.
We followed 1-minute manager approach. All complaints are start with compliment.
If you are a manager or a father, you know that it is not unhappy when you point out a "issue".

I don't know how to make you understand but we live since we can make contribution. The most valuable asset is not give out a fish, is inspire them for fishing.
Zoe Tse is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 17, 11:57 am
  #131  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: UK & Ireland
Programs: BAEC Silver;KLM Flying Blue Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Posts: 117
OP, every comment you add raises more questions:

"Both of us are platinum of Marriott and never been Hilton, just matched Hilton at Apr and July 2017."

So if you status matched in April and did not like Hilton, why do it again in July and keep staying at Hilton properties and buy Honors point when you are Diamond Marriott?
Just stay with Marriott (unless they closed your account...)
MP001 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 17, 11:59 am
  #132  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 24
Originally Posted by mapleg View Post
Not if you complain endlessly.

Frankly, most of your comments seem to centre on the fact that you think all companies want and encourage people to complain about them so they can "improve". No, what they want to do is in fact earn a profit. If 99.9% of customers don't complain and .1% of customers complain, what does that tell you?

I am sure all of us going to MCD could find something to complain about-line too long, service did not smile, food not right temp, too hot/cold in the restaurant, restroom not clean, soap not the best, table not cleaned...you can always find these kind of minor complaints. That's life. Start complaining every time you go there and hope for free meal? Not the way it will work.
You may eager for free lunch. It is your world. I can't help much here.
If you can see the world only as you can imagine, the world is dark. The world is much colorful than that you can. Don't try to judge others with your standard.

Originally Posted by MP001 View Post
OP, every comment you add raises more questions:

"Both of us are platinum of Marriott and never been Hilton, just matched Hilton at Apr and July 2017."

So if you status matched in April and did not like Hilton, why do it again in July and keep staying at Hilton properties and buy Honors point when you are Diamond Marriott?
Just stay with Marriott (unless they closed your account...)
We stayed over 40 hotels and give comments for 20+. All Compliment with 6-8 complaints only.

Again, review is for improvement, nothing related with unhappy. If you are the one who fight for excellent, you must understand what I mean. Only the one who love you will give you real review. Hope you may understand one day.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Oct 6, 17 at 7:32 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts
Zoe Tse is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 17, 12:09 pm
  #133  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: トロント
Programs: AC E50K, Flying Blue, Accor Gold, ANA, Avios
Posts: 4,111
Originally Posted by Zoe Tse View Post
We stayed over 40 hotels and give comments for 20+. All Compliment with 6-8 complaints only.

Again, review is for improvement, nothing related with unhappy. If you are the one who fight for excellent, you must understand what I mean. Only the one who love you will give you real review. Hope you may understand one day.

If I stayed at a hotel chain and felt that 20% of my stays necessitated a complaint, I would find another hotel chain.

In any case, HH decided they don't want you as a customer any longer.
mapleg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 17, 12:33 pm
  #134  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Global
Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Posts: 1,264
Surprised to see this thread is still going on. Which may provide a lens into how Hilton felt...
sallyerd likes this.
Roger Lococco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 17, 10:27 am
  #135  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Amsterdam, Asia, UK
Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Posts: 4,942
Originally Posted by MP001 View Post
OP, every comment you add raises more questions:

"Both of us are platinum of Marriott and never been Hilton, just matched Hilton at Apr and July 2017."

So if you status matched in April and did not like Hilton, why do it again in July and keep staying at Hilton properties and buy Honors point when you are Diamond Marriott?
Just stay with Marriott (unless they closed your account...)
I can see the why OPS each challenged-matched to HH-D separately 3months apart, if OPS usually stay as a couple then they needed to complete 1persons challenge to HHD before starting/doing the partners challenge.

Since OPS answered that this is first ever HH accounts, I can't think of any usual account violations that cause closure, other than if both OP and Partner use same CC-Number to charge stays and registered to same address.

If OPS received multiple points compo and/or invoked satisfaction guarantee for 100% refund of room cost, then that may be a trigger on new accounts.

Other area HH may look at is purchasing too many points.
scubaccr is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread