Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MaldivesFreak
Here is a link to Hilton T & C on pooling:

http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/p...money/faq.html

1. What is Points Pooling?
Points Pooling will allow Hilton Honors Members to combine their Points with family and friends to book a stay. With this perk, a Member (and up to 10 others) will now be able to combine their Points. For example, if a group of friends are taking a trip together and individually don’t have enough Points to cover their entire stay, they will now be able to combine their Points, free of charge, into one account to unlock new redemption opportunities.

2. Is there a fee to participate in the Points Pooling program?
No, there is no fee to participate in Points Pooling.

3. How many people can contribute to Points Pooling?
A total of 11 Hilton Honors Members can pool their Points together. One Member initiates the pooling and up to 10 other Members can contribute.

4. Do I need to create a new "pooled" account?
No. Members can use their existing account.

5. How many Points Pools can I be in?
There is no limit on the number of pools a member can be in at a given time.

6. Can you use Pooled Points for just room rates or can it be used for non-room rewards including shopping and experiences?
Yes, once Points are pooled, they can be used for any room or non-room reward product, including the experiences available on the Hilton Honors auction platform, Hilton Honors Shopping Mall and any other non-room reward products.

7. Can you combine Pooled Points with money?
Once Points are pooled they can be used for any room reward product, including a Points & Money Rewards™ reward reservation.

8. What is the minimum/maximum number of Points that can be pooled?
A Member can transfer a minimum of 1,000 Points and a maximum of 500,000 Points into a pool in a calendar year. A Member can receive up to 2 million Points in a calendar year.

9. Are there particular qualifications you must meet to be able to pool Points?
To use Points Pooling, you must be an active Member, be in the program for 30 days, and have a minimum Points balance of 1,000 Points.

10. When will Points Pooling be available?
Points Pooling is now available. Start pooling your Hilton Honors Points here.

11. When will the Points be shown in the other Member’s account and be ready for use?
The transferred or pooled Points will be available for use at the time of transfer, but please allow up to 24 hours for pooled Points to show up when you log in to your account.

12. Where and how do I Points Pool once I have a group of Members that want to combine Points?
All Points Pooling activities will be transacted online via HiltonHonors.com.

13. Where do I go to transfer my Points to the Points Pool initiator?
The Points contributor must access the transfer page through the Points Pool invitation email sent on behalf ot the Points Pool initiator.

14. What’s the difference between Points Pooling and Points Transfer?
Points Transfer is a 1:1 transaction, while Points Pooling allows for combining Hilton Honors Points with up to 10 other people (11 including yourself).

15. After I send Points to a friend for Pooling, what happens if he/she cancels the trip? How can I get my Points back?
If your friend has to cancel his/her trip, he/she can simply transfer the Points back to your account for free.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:48 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by PayItForward
Can I confirm you bought 80,000 points, got 80,000 points as bonus under the sale, 80,000 compensation points since starting with Hilton in April 2017, had over 40 stays, lost 260,000 points at the time of account closure.

With 40 stays, it would be logical you would have earned more than 20,000 points thus a portion of those 40 stays were award stays? When did you buy the points and how many award stays did you make since that purchase? Did you used at least 80,000 or even 160,000 points?
Trying to figure out how many points the OP actually earned overall via stays. Were the 20K (260K-160K purchased-80K compensation) what was left OP used them for stays after earning them? Or did the OP only actually earn 20K from the 40 stays? If the latter, the OP would not be a particularly valuable client. How were the stays paid for? Did some complaints result in full refunds? Did they purchase points or award certificates from other ppl to pay for their stays? If so, aside from the frequent complaints, this is truly an outright violation of the T&C.

OP, how many points have you EARNED over all, including any used for stays (not compensation or purchased)?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta GM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by thbe
You think, that Hilton Honors can sell points for money and give points as compensation and give points as a rebate to customers, but can insist in front of a court, that points aren't property?

I'm not an expert about courts in HKG, but in an EU court with t&c like that Hilton Honors would be the Don Quixote.

Anyway, I don't have sympathy for the OP. If I experience things like the OP told us and feel bad with them, I talk to the hotel staff or maybe the hotel's management. At Hilton hotels I've always experienced them as very willing to help me.

But I'm not perfect and that's why iI don't expect everyone and everything else to be perfect.

I feel like the supreme court has already ruled on this in regards to Frequent Flyer Miles/Programs in the case of Northwest vs Ginsberg. I know Hilton isn't an airline but from my understanding of the case, SCOTUS declared the airlines have the right to drop frequent fliers at their own discretion. I feel like Hilton or any other loyalty program would be able to do the same.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
not necessarily correct as airline was owner and Hilton is only management.

Originally Posted by rfett2
I feel like the supreme court has already ruled on this in regards to Frequent Flyer Miles/Programs in the case of Northwest vs Ginsberg. I know Hilton isn't an airline but from my understanding of the case, SCOTUS declared the airlines have the right to drop frequent fliers at their own discretion. I feel like Hilton or any other loyalty program would be able to do the same.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by azepine00
Remember "yours-is-a-very-bad-hotel"?

"yours is a very bad hotel" link is not posting for some reason - hilton must have censored this board..
I wonder if hilton banned the complainer and wiped out his point balance..
That presentation was made by somebody whose e-mail is [email protected]. Same guy we all know and love!
Brendan and KENNECTED like this.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Zoe Tse
​​​​​​
never. being a professional and improve-able hotel management team, they all are happy to get complain. Without complaint, they can touch every corner of the hotel. With complaint, they can avoid more unhappy gained by other VIP guests.

​​​being as a leader of the industry, we eager for complaint much more than compliment. Compliment is just a encouragement but complaint make us more strong and we can have 2.0, 3.0,...
I understand that you are eager to receive complaints as feedback in order to improve your business. However, are you eager to receive that feedback in a public and shaming way? Or do you prefer to receive feedback in a comparably private way where you have the opportunity to respond directly and answer the customer?
BearX220 and Brendan like this.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:32 pm

Programs: AA gold, DL Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat
Hilton terminated the relationship citing violation of t&c. Are excessive complaints a violation of t&c?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by rfett2
Terminating membership and status: Yes.

But keeping sold miles without paying compensation? I can't find any argumentation about that in that case.

Do you find the argumentation about keeping sold or other points without compensation?
Brendan likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:42 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I understand closing your account, so no more points, but can they actually prevent you personally from staying at any of their hotels if you pay for them?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Extremely poor and unhelpful responses. Very disappointing...
Now that you have read more details about this story, do you still find our responses poor and unreasonable? The add. information provided by the OP, just confirms my initial view: the OP and her boyfriend make excessive complains to abuse the Hilton 100% satisfaction guarantee for chinese properties (which we all know are of subpar quality and service, but mind you the rates for Chinese propertioes reflect this) to get HH points. No wonder HH decided that it was time to part from such customers.
Brendan likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:41 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
After reading now more than five pages of this topic, I do also think that we are hearing only from one side. As for most stories, there are often two sides to the story and it sounds like Hilton has terminated the account due to some questionable activities and chronic complain could have been secondary.

I do wonder what OP is trying to achieve by such action, I also do suspect posting frequent complaints about Hilton hotels on public internet sites may leading to some personal satisfaction of OP. There are thousands of people stay at Hilton hotels worldwide every single day. Hilton seems to be doing just fine without criticism from OP. Highly likely Hilton corporate received considerable number of customer complaints every day, given how many people stay at Hilton hotels every single day. Do OP’s pattern of complaint represent majority of people who stay at Hilton hotels? My suspicious is likely not.

OP should realize her behavior does not represent majority of people who stay at Hilton hotels. Also, OP seems to think her complaint is justified, but should do little homework first. Point on Honor account is not e-currency, points are property of Hilton and not property of individual, it all specified by Hilton Honor program and should check how Hong Kong law apply under such situation rather than simply assuming that points are e-currency and assuming points are OP own property. FlyerTalk is well established public forum with more than few years of history where frequent Hilton hotel guests share information and opinions. Then OP came to FlyerTalk on Sept. 2017 and start giving her opinion about Hilton hotels and when response from FlyerTalk is not what OP has hoped for then seems like OP cannot handle such criticism of herself.

To be honest when OP used race card, OP lost all credibility as far as I am concerned. As person of color her casual approach of using race card when things do not go her way really bother me. Race means a company specifically intentionally discriminate under the reason defined by law. Hilton likely did not intentionally decide to create a policy or situation which discriminate Chinese customers. This situation with OP is specifically about OP, and nothing to do with Hilton’s Chinese customer as whole. Highly likely OP behavior does not represent any ways in majority of Chinese customer Hilton hotels has.
BearX220, Brendan and chrism20 like this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:15 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
It's not clear if the OP has used points for award stays. If she used 80K worth of points (the amount she bought), I have no problem with Hilton cancelling the rest.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
You think, that Hilton Honors can sell points for money and give points as compensation and give points as a rebate to customers, but can insist in front of a court, that points aren't property?
Sure. Says it right there in the T&Cs- the points you are buying are not your property and are governed by the terms of Hilton Honors. Pro tip: don't buy pigs in pokes when the terms and conditions say "you are buying a pig in a poke" if you don't actually want a pig in a poke. One could spend the money spent on points on renting an actual hotel room, for instance, and get much more in the way of protection for purchase.

But of course the OP probably discerned some advantage to buying points that have restrictions on them as opposed to renting hotel rooms. Which I am quite sure is entirely unrelated to serial complaints.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
To be honest when OP used race card, OP lost all credibility as far as I am concerned. As person of color her casual approach of using race card when things do not go her way really bother me. Race means a company specifically intentionally discriminate under the reason defined by law. ...
To note on this - there is really no such thing as "race card" for someone who lives there. The concept is american (or perhaps western) but it carries no meaning in china.
Read for example
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-36394917

op's meaning in my interpretation is that hilton can get away with stuff in china that they wouldn't try in us or europe where consumer protection laws are very different..

(not getting into pro and cons of wild wild west world of ff programs in china or op's activities as stated - just trying to offer a more realistic prospective)
Brendan and chrisny2 like this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Says it right there in the T&Cs
Do you read all t&c that maybe bound you? Every world? Also of license contracts of every device (or car) you use?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Do you read all t&c that maybe bound you? Every world? Also of license contracts of every device (or car) you use?
Well it's a pretty poor argument to say that there are terms and conditions , but hey, they don't apply to me because I don't read them.
BearX220, RogerD408 and Zoe Tse like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.