Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MaldivesFreak
Here is a link to Hilton T & C on pooling:

http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/p...money/faq.html

1. What is Points Pooling?
Points Pooling will allow Hilton Honors Members to combine their Points with family and friends to book a stay. With this perk, a Member (and up to 10 others) will now be able to combine their Points. For example, if a group of friends are taking a trip together and individually don’t have enough Points to cover their entire stay, they will now be able to combine their Points, free of charge, into one account to unlock new redemption opportunities.

2. Is there a fee to participate in the Points Pooling program?
No, there is no fee to participate in Points Pooling.

3. How many people can contribute to Points Pooling?
A total of 11 Hilton Honors Members can pool their Points together. One Member initiates the pooling and up to 10 other Members can contribute.

4. Do I need to create a new "pooled" account?
No. Members can use their existing account.

5. How many Points Pools can I be in?
There is no limit on the number of pools a member can be in at a given time.

6. Can you use Pooled Points for just room rates or can it be used for non-room rewards including shopping and experiences?
Yes, once Points are pooled, they can be used for any room or non-room reward product, including the experiences available on the Hilton Honors auction platform, Hilton Honors Shopping Mall and any other non-room reward products.

7. Can you combine Pooled Points with money?
Once Points are pooled they can be used for any room reward product, including a Points & Money Rewards™ reward reservation.

8. What is the minimum/maximum number of Points that can be pooled?
A Member can transfer a minimum of 1,000 Points and a maximum of 500,000 Points into a pool in a calendar year. A Member can receive up to 2 million Points in a calendar year.

9. Are there particular qualifications you must meet to be able to pool Points?
To use Points Pooling, you must be an active Member, be in the program for 30 days, and have a minimum Points balance of 1,000 Points.

10. When will Points Pooling be available?
Points Pooling is now available. Start pooling your Hilton Honors Points here.

11. When will the Points be shown in the other Member’s account and be ready for use?
The transferred or pooled Points will be available for use at the time of transfer, but please allow up to 24 hours for pooled Points to show up when you log in to your account.

12. Where and how do I Points Pool once I have a group of Members that want to combine Points?
All Points Pooling activities will be transacted online via HiltonHonors.com.

13. Where do I go to transfer my Points to the Points Pool initiator?
The Points contributor must access the transfer page through the Points Pool invitation email sent on behalf ot the Points Pool initiator.

14. What’s the difference between Points Pooling and Points Transfer?
Points Transfer is a 1:1 transaction, while Points Pooling allows for combining Hilton Honors Points with up to 10 other people (11 including yourself).

15. After I send Points to a friend for Pooling, what happens if he/she cancels the trip? How can I get my Points back?
If your friend has to cancel his/her trip, he/she can simply transfer the Points back to your account for free.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Complaint: Closed account without reason

After tens of email for a month, HHFraudProtection just say "violated T&C".

Before closed, my boy friend just transfer/pool me 10,000/20,000/30,000 points but all failed and complaint to fb hhonor. Both of our accounts closed suddenly after few days.I

We have no idea why both of our accounts closed. We did nothing wrong. We live together over 80% out of 40 stays in Hilton group in last 5 months. We purchased 160K points in the last 50% off promotion and finally 260K points before accounts closed.

Now, no one indicated what we did. We are working in inno-tech industry, "nothing is perfect, but only fight for excellent". We loved Hilton since they heard and received our voice and thus we focus on Hilton and give up Marriott and SPG.

We love to give comment to enhance the service quality for Hilton group QC. All our comments are photoed as evidence. We never expect points for compensation. Just only once when I slept nudely in GZ doubletree hotel, a boy opened the door and watching me. It is the 1 and only 1 we asked for compensation (40K points added) since up to now, I won't sleep nudely anymore in any Hotel.

And yesterday, we got reply from hhonor Shariar: "I show our loss prevention team did a thorough research on both accounts and found these accounts to be in violation of our terms thus closing these accounts. Additionally, in reviewing the extensive complaints logs since your account was opened in Apr 2017, regrettably we show our hotels are not quite meeting your expectations when travelling. I again would like to apologize for falling short of your expectations and regrettably we will stand by the decision of our loss prevention team to leave these accounts closed. We understand you have a choice when travelling and would to thank you for contacting Hilton hotels.

Respectfully,

EMPLOYEE NAME REDACTED BY MOD
Supervisor

Guest Assistance & Honors Email"

It is terrible that HHonor can close the door without reason. Clean out all points without notice/warning. If you don't welcome us, that's fine but please cash back.

Experts, can anyone suggest us ​​​what we can do to preserve consumer right?

Thanks.

***Clarification:
A. All complaint via Hilton app and follow up email with photos internally.
B. All photos posted to our Facebook or public media are compliment ONLY. All facebook photos are evidence that I lived inside for all stays. Never booking for others. No complaints in public media but only compliment for named staffs in TripAdvisor.
Hilton is the one "listen" to customer. We loved it and promote it since we matched from Marriott/SPG at April.
C. We never trade points or resell rooms or book for others. All stays all done by ourselves.
D. Hhfraudprotection had given reason with "violated T&C" but no detail. After searched by internet, all closed account with reason about how violated.
E. Complaint is help for improvement, some listed below:
1. Refrigerator not cleaned, all dirties like after a bomb inside. - ningbo HGI
2. A service boy opened the door and look inside when I fell asleep nudely. - GuangZhu doubletree
3. No one can help when I alone arrived WuHan Hilton optic valley with 3 big baggage. Asked support but no one care, same result after complain when I left.
4. The worst one - Guiyang HGI
USB socket is useless
Door of washroom can't be closed (keep half open)
Door of the Room can't be locked (feeling not safe after #2 )
Bad Decoration like a big white circle on the door
Wash tank is dirty
​​
​​​
more than half of complaint listed above(all with photos). Can't remember all. I made 40 nights in 5 months.
​​​​​
Complaint is not the reason for close, just not reopen. I don't care to kick me out of Hilton as it is escaping out for improvement. I just want to get back my prepayment.

Hilton sells points and clear them anytime when it is unhappy....Seems kidding

Last edited by Zoe Tse; Sep 18, 2017 at 4:43 pm Reason: Clarifications
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:23 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Honestly, they fired you as a customer and there is nothing you can do. From their letter it sounds like they had every reason to.

Neil
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Zoe Tse
Additionally, in reviewing the extensive complaints logs since your account was opened in Apr 2017, regrettably we show our hotels are not quite meeting your expectations when travelling.
How many times have you complained about your Hilton stays? I haven't made a single complaint in 26 stays so far this year, so I'm rather curious what "extensive complaints" means in terms of numbers. Were you complaining every 2-3 stays?

We purchased 160K points in the last 50% off promotion and finally 260K points before accounts closed.
Are you allowed to buy that many? I just checked on the purchase page and see this in fine print:

Members may purchase a maximum of 80,000 points per calendar year.
DutchessPDX likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Look guys, you made a habit of complaining and in the eyes of HH you also violated the T&C with fraudulent transactions in your accounts - HH had every right and reason to close your accounts. Move on!
Old Sep 16, 2017, 5:31 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Wow, so a guest gives regular feedback and gets kicked out of the system ... to those who thinks that this is OK, it's not. Giving feedback, both good and bad, is both necessary for those in the service industry. If what the OP says is correct (and there are multiple angles to a story) then Hilton are being bad sports. *wait, please don't close my account Hilton as I am being negative against you here*

From the purchase point of view, although the terms limit to 80K purchase per year there have been promotions where the points limit have been temporarily raised where you can buy 80K and receive 80K in one go. My wife and I have both used this to points boost our accounts.

From a fraudulent point of view, this one is hard to fight against because once a company hides behind their "terms and conditions" even though there may be no rhyme or reason, it's game over - and up to the consumer to try and win this through the court, consumer watchdog etc.

Moving forward though, do a credit card charge back for the 160k points and you might get your money back .... you probably will have to accept to forgo the other 100k you earned from your stays etc.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 6:13 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by missamo80
Honestly, they fired you as a customer and there is nothing you can do. From their letter it sounds like they had every reason to.

Neil
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Look guys, you made a habit of complaining and in the eyes of HH you also violated the T&C with fraudulent transactions in your accounts - HH had every right and reason to close your accounts. Move on!
Extremely poor and unhelpful responses. Very disappointing...

Zoe Tse, it would be useful if you could provide any more information on the type of complaints you made and the nature of your account usage. Had you used any of the points collected on your account? Have you booked reward rooms for other people? Were there any payment issues with your stays in the past?
Old Sep 16, 2017, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by missamo80

Neil
they can do that but need a reason. It is impossible to close an account with 260K points. Any consumer protection org in US? I can't do it in HK as it is online deal.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 6:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It seems clear from the HH email that it was fraudulent activity which brought OP to HH's attention. A further review, presumably to determine what ought to be done, showed that OP is a serial complainer, so HH fired OP as a customer.

Because OP has not provided the full facts, it is impossible to determine whether OP committed fraud. But, what is clear is that it is solely HH's decision and that decision has been made.

As to serial complaining, all customer-facing businesses understand that there is a balance and that there are some customers who cannot be satisfied, no matter what. Those customers are not worth it because they take time & effort and continue to tell you things which you likely know and are not intending to change.

That may sound harsh, but it is reality. I have no idea what OP did or what OP wrote. But, whatever it was, this is an out-of-the ordinary response from HH, so it was likely extreme.

If OP wants to provide some specifics, that might be helpful to others who are serial complainers. But, as to OP, why on earth do you want to pay for services at a place which does not want you?
Old Sep 16, 2017, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Extremely poor and unhelpful responses. Very disappointing...

Zoe Tse, it would be useful if you could provide any more information on the type of complaints you made and the nature of your account usage. Had you used any of the points collected on your account? Have you booked reward rooms for other people? Were there any payment issues with your stays in the past?
Sure no. Over 80% rooms we lived together and the rest lived by my boyfriend alone. As said, we are working in Inno-tech industry, we welcome comment to enhance our products and also love to give comment (so call complaint). Seems Hilton slogans align with us and thus we lived over 40 stays in 5 months. We try out our best to give comments (also with compliment, and attached photos for defects). All the points which so-call compensation, I never used. It is total 260K points at most 80K is compensation included the one about "nudely-sleep".

We love to take photo for every stay when checkin hotel. All our stays are posted to Facebook and sent link (link can't attached here as new join) to Hilton hhonor, hhfraudprotection, and even CEO, but no reply or helpless reply (just hhfraudprotection can answer but they just replied 1 email with "violated T&C" without detail) over 30+ days. What we did only transfer/pool points from my boyfriend to me.

It is nightmare to match hhonor. Hilton seems racial discrimination, as all Chinese are point-trade. I can't search any same situation from Google but over hundreds complaints about closed by pool in Chinese flyer forums.

Anyway, is there any consumer council in US?

Thanks a lot.

Originally Posted by tom911
How many times have you complained about your Hilton stays? I haven't made a single complaint in 26 stays so far this year, so I'm rather curious what "extensive complaints" means in terms of numbers. Were you complaining every 2-3 stays?

Are you allowed to buy that many? I just checked on the purchase page and see this in fine print:
just purchased 80K and free 80K (buy one get one free program)

Originally Posted by Often1
It seems clear from the HH email that it was fraudulent activity which brought OP to HH's attention. A further review, presumably to determine what ought to be done, showed that OP is a serial complainer, so HH fired OP as a customer.

Because OP has not provided the full facts, it is impossible to determine whether OP committed fraud. But, what is clear is that it is solely HH's decision and that decision has been made.

As to serial complaining, all customer-facing businesses understand that there is a balance and that there are some customers who cannot be satisfied, no matter what. Those customers are not worth it because they take time & effort and continue to tell you things which you likely know and are not intending to change.

That may sound harsh, but it is reality. I have no idea what OP did or what OP wrote. But, whatever it was, this is an out-of-the ordinary response from HH, so it was likely extreme.

If OP wants to provide some specifics, that might be helpful to others who are serial complainers. But, as to OP, why on earth do you want to pay for services at a place which does not want you?
Let's assume we are a serial complainers. Is it reasonable to rob e-money out from us?
Complaint is great for inno-tech world. We love big reporter to enhance our services. We compensate and even provide incentive to bug-reporters. All of us can see Hilton poster "listen to you", but the fact is not. Please note that all reports with photos as evidence. We just send report for Hilton HQ for QC as hands and eyes to monitor their services. We also did it for SPG and Marriott. We got welcome message from the hotel management for all complaints. we never expect compensation but HHONOR did. We have no right to control. It is no a reason to rob our money.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Oct 6, 2017 at 7:21 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts
Old Sep 16, 2017, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Let's assume we are a serial complainers. Is it reasonable to rob e-money out from us?
Complaint is great for inno-tech world. We love big reporter to enhance our services. We compensate and even provide incentive to bug-reporters. All of us can see Hilton poster "listen to you", but the fact is not. Please note that all reports with photos as evidence. We just send report for Hilton HQ for QC as hands and eyes to monitor their services. We also did it for SPG and Marriott. We got welcome message from the hotel management for all complaints. we never expect compensation but HHONOR did. We have no right to control. It is no a reason to rob our money.
You need to understand that hotel management do not want negative feedback. They receive their bonuses based on the feedback from guests. I have quite literally been offered bribes to respond with perfect 10s on feedback forms. Many will also be receiving bonuses from their hotel owner (franchisee) to spend as little as possible on maintenance, building work, etc. (i.e. sticking to a budget) so do not have any interest in receiving photos of physical imperfections.

You also need to understand that certain Hilton brands offer a 100% refund if the guest is unsatisfied. Therefore the hotel chain is highly sensitive to serial complainers who take advantage of this policy. It appears that you have received a substantial number of Honors points for complaining.

As mentioned by others, you have been fired as a customer. You may feel that this is unfair, but this is entirely within the agreement you agreed to when you joined Honors. Seek a solution with your credit card provider for any points you purchased.

Enjoy other, better hotel chains and don't provide feedback in the future.
Snickerdoodle likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: IHG Gold
The hotel business is not the inno-tech world.

Seriously, if you are a serial complainer, why do you bother to stay at a hotel chain you don't like.

If I have many complaints against a certain retailer/airline/hotel/car company, why would I bother myself using them again and again?

You can dress it up any way you want , but if I ran a business and a customer constantly complained, I would want nothing to do with them.
Brendan and Fleck like this.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 7:53 am

It is nightmare to match hhonor. Hilton seems racial discrimination, as all Chinese are point-trade. I can't search any same situation from Google but over hundreds complaints about closed by pool in Chinese flyer forums..
Have you brought racial discrimination up in any of your correspondence with them? I'm not suggesting it's Hilton policy but I know from my current and past employers any suggestions of discrimination particularly racism is the quickest method of closing down any communication channels with a customer and it's passed to different department - usually legal/compliance to deal with. This may explain why it reached the fraud teams as it may be them that deal with this.

Also it may not be relevant but I know over the past few years IHG have had a lot of problems with Chinese accounts and they were taking steps to limit the problems, is it possible Hilton are now having similar issues to IHG?
Brendan likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 7:55 am

If both accounts were only just opened in April 2017 and then have been extensively complaining about every little thing, that does raise a red flag. Add to that the extensive point purchasing and I can see why Hilton feels like something is off about the OP and their spouse.

Newly opened accounts having "tens of complaint mail per month per the OP" with Hilton is indeed a red flag in my eyes. If I were the OP and so dissatisfied anyway with my stays, I wouldn't be purchasing points for that hotel chain. I also wouldn't give two hoots about Hilton closing my account, since the hotels were crap anyway to warrant a extensive list of complaints.
Brendan likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 8:43 am

Hilton seems racial discrimination, as all Chinese are .....
No, that has nothing to do with it in my opinion. The fact is they are getting rid of you because you are a chronic complainer which is totally unrelated to racial discrimination.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 8:44 am

they can do that but need a reason. It is impossible to close an account with 260K points. Any consumer protection org in US? I can't do it in HK as it is online deal.
No it is possible. They just did it. They also gave you the reasons, but you are unwilling to accept them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.