Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MaldivesFreak
Here is a link to Hilton T & C on pooling:

http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/p...money/faq.html

1. What is Points Pooling?
Points Pooling will allow Hilton Honors Members to combine their Points with family and friends to book a stay. With this perk, a Member (and up to 10 others) will now be able to combine their Points. For example, if a group of friends are taking a trip together and individually don’t have enough Points to cover their entire stay, they will now be able to combine their Points, free of charge, into one account to unlock new redemption opportunities.

2. Is there a fee to participate in the Points Pooling program?
No, there is no fee to participate in Points Pooling.

3. How many people can contribute to Points Pooling?
A total of 11 Hilton Honors Members can pool their Points together. One Member initiates the pooling and up to 10 other Members can contribute.

4. Do I need to create a new "pooled" account?
No. Members can use their existing account.

5. How many Points Pools can I be in?
There is no limit on the number of pools a member can be in at a given time.

6. Can you use Pooled Points for just room rates or can it be used for non-room rewards including shopping and experiences?
Yes, once Points are pooled, they can be used for any room or non-room reward product, including the experiences available on the Hilton Honors auction platform, Hilton Honors Shopping Mall and any other non-room reward products.

7. Can you combine Pooled Points with money?
Once Points are pooled they can be used for any room reward product, including a Points & Money Rewards™ reward reservation.

8. What is the minimum/maximum number of Points that can be pooled?
A Member can transfer a minimum of 1,000 Points and a maximum of 500,000 Points into a pool in a calendar year. A Member can receive up to 2 million Points in a calendar year.

9. Are there particular qualifications you must meet to be able to pool Points?
To use Points Pooling, you must be an active Member, be in the program for 30 days, and have a minimum Points balance of 1,000 Points.

10. When will Points Pooling be available?
Points Pooling is now available. Start pooling your Hilton Honors Points here.

11. When will the Points be shown in the other Member’s account and be ready for use?
The transferred or pooled Points will be available for use at the time of transfer, but please allow up to 24 hours for pooled Points to show up when you log in to your account.

12. Where and how do I Points Pool once I have a group of Members that want to combine Points?
All Points Pooling activities will be transacted online via HiltonHonors.com.

13. Where do I go to transfer my Points to the Points Pool initiator?
The Points contributor must access the transfer page through the Points Pool invitation email sent on behalf ot the Points Pool initiator.

14. What’s the difference between Points Pooling and Points Transfer?
Points Transfer is a 1:1 transaction, while Points Pooling allows for combining Hilton Honors Points with up to 10 other people (11 including yourself).

15. After I send Points to a friend for Pooling, what happens if he/she cancels the trip? How can I get my Points back?
If your friend has to cancel his/her trip, he/she can simply transfer the Points back to your account for free.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hodinata

We had 6 points sign up bonuses between the two of us (2 amex and 1 citi). Got the citi sign on bonus in 2016 and amex sign on bonus in 2016 and 2017. We had another citi with 2 free nights sign on bonus in 2015 as well.

Nothing funky regarding free night certificate. We used it back in 2015. I have been members for more than 5 years, spouse more than 2 years. After point pooling, we have not redeemeed anything yet.
Originally Posted by hodinata
I had one paid stays back in 2015 and 2 points stay since then. Nothing else. Point pooling was initiated on Oct 8th.
Nothing unusual than I can see.

Paid stay is NOT a required activity to be eligible to the Point Pooling benefit as a member of the program.

Have you contacted the HH rep on FT? Seems at least one errorenous closure was reversed after an "investigation".

There is something seriously wrong in flagging accounts that use the point pooling feature. HH might as well disable that function for good, else innocent folks would become trapped by no fault of their own.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:14 pm

Update: After further investigation, Hilton reopened my account after I provided my side of the story. My suggestion is to not do any point pooling if possible. If you absolutely need to do it, then do as MaldivesFreak suggested by calling Hilton Honors ahead of time to flag the account for everyone involve in the pool.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:29 pm

Definitely giving me second thoughts about setting up an account for my wife and future pooling (transfer) so that she may travel on her own with the kids etc.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Pooling points earned by sign-up bonuses seemingly trips a flag.

Can understand why. No doubt a few people opening cards/accounts (possibly with fake details) purely for sign-up bonuses and then trying to clean those points.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moa999
Pooling points earned by sign-up bonuses seemingly trips a flag.

Can understand why. No doubt a few people opening cards/accounts (possibly with fake details) purely for sign-up bonuses and then trying to clean those points.
Not true. Especially the latest poster and his wife have their bonuses 2016 and 2017. The FNs earned in 2015. The pooling is done now, almost end of 2017. If people want to clear out their sign up bonuses they dont wait 2 years to do that!

As you can read that that HH reinstated the poster's account which was closed by error very most likely caused by poorly written algorithm to flag accounts. It is the usual POOR IT HH has.

Besides, in US, card sign up bonuses are generous and for YEARS both AMEX and Citi openly encourage people to sign up / upgrade cards to earn bonuses.

In fact right now each of our basic AMEX HH cards have a 75K upgrade bonus after $3K spend in 90 days sitting in our accounts. Each time I log in, the offer is staring at me on the front page, LOL.

It is very different for US-based members than those outside US due to the co-branded credit cards here in US face a very competitive market, hence the cards have large sign up bonus as well as favorable earning power than cards offered outside US.

Take this household, I think we only had one paid stay each done when Hilton had the 5K bonus when paid with Visa, and also a 1K or 2K bonus when booked thru app, back in Jan of this year, in the past 24 months. But we have quite a few award stays in the same period. All the points from several years worth of sign up bonuses and spend earned from credit cards.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 11, 2017 at 7:10 pm
Old Dec 22, 2017, 6:54 pm

Hilton Fraud Protection

Greetings,

I'm wondering if any members can offer guidance or their experience with Hilton Fraud Protextion?

Scenario --
we are a husband and wife with 2 HH accounts. We are also HGV Club members.

A few few days ago, I transferred points from mine to the wife's to secure a reservation in Paris, France for the holidays.

however, it was insufficient. I called HGV to convert our bonus and Club points.

However, these went to my (husband)'s account as his was tied in the HGV Contract.

I managed ro to secure a reservationwith mpoints and part cash as I didn't want to lost availability.

Customer service had guided in HGV as well as Hilton Honors and knew exactly what was going on. They had suggested that I merge the accounts for convenience, which I was agreeable and was going to do later.

however, this evening I got 2 e-mails stating that my wife and my accounts were being closed because of Fraud detection. The reservation also canceled. I called customer service explaining hints and they said the only thing to do was to write back to them explaining the situation. Already did that.

Does anyone have a number or a way of reaching a real person? I'm extremely anxious and concerned.

Old Dec 22, 2017, 6:58 pm

Any updates?

greetings,

I'm in a similar predicament where there is a husband and wife havin 2 accounts, that were closed.

Has anyone been contacted by a real person? Or updates?
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:10 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
There was a similar thread on this issue sometime ago. However that was a much more complicated Situation than what you’re describing.I would contact Hilton honors representative here on the board and explain to them just like you explain to us what happened and what advice she received from both HGI and Hilton honors. Hilton seems very sensitive to Friday issues like this lately, so you may have just gotten stuck in a bad mixup.But I’m not aware of accounts being able to be merged so you might want to doublecheck on that.

here on FT through private messaging and see if they can be of assistance.

Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:12 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
As the thread now focuses on solving problems plese keep your responses in the realm of advice, and not rehashing old threads. Thanks for your cooperation.

squeakr
co Mod HH
Old Dec 29, 2017, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by moa999
/Bolding mine.

You can't just open credit cards with "fake details" -- there's no such a thing.

Or do you mean thieves who are engaged in identity theft activities? Would these thieves really find value in opening (stolen) credit cards, meeting minimum spends, and chasing after miles/points ... specially Hilton points?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.