FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!
Old Dec 11, 2017, 7:03 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moa999
Pooling points earned by sign-up bonuses seemingly trips a flag.

Can understand why. No doubt a few people opening cards/accounts (possibly with fake details) purely for sign-up bonuses and then trying to clean those points.
Not true. Especially the latest poster and his wife have their bonuses 2016 and 2017. The FNs earned in 2015. The pooling is done now, almost end of 2017. If people want to clear out their sign up bonuses they dont wait 2 years to do that!

As you can read that that HH reinstated the poster's account which was closed by error very most likely caused by poorly written algorithm to flag accounts. It is the usual POOR IT HH has.

Besides, in US, card sign up bonuses are generous and for YEARS both AMEX and Citi openly encourage people to sign up / upgrade cards to earn bonuses.

In fact right now each of our basic AMEX HH cards have a 75K upgrade bonus after $3K spend in 90 days sitting in our accounts. Each time I log in, the offer is staring at me on the front page, LOL.

It is very different for US-based members than those outside US due to the co-branded credit cards here in US face a very competitive market, hence the cards have large sign up bonus as well as favorable earning power than cards offered outside US.

Take this household, I think we only had one paid stay each done when Hilton had the 5K bonus when paid with Visa, and also a 1K or 2K bonus when booked thru app, back in Jan of this year, in the past 24 months. But we have quite a few award stays in the same period. All the points from several years worth of sign up bonuses and spend earned from credit cards.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 11, 2017 at 7:10 pm