Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MaldivesFreak
Here is a link to Hilton T & C on pooling:

http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/p...money/faq.html

1. What is Points Pooling?
Points Pooling will allow Hilton Honors Members to combine their Points with family and friends to book a stay. With this perk, a Member (and up to 10 others) will now be able to combine their Points. For example, if a group of friends are taking a trip together and individually don’t have enough Points to cover their entire stay, they will now be able to combine their Points, free of charge, into one account to unlock new redemption opportunities.

2. Is there a fee to participate in the Points Pooling program?
No, there is no fee to participate in Points Pooling.

3. How many people can contribute to Points Pooling?
A total of 11 Hilton Honors Members can pool their Points together. One Member initiates the pooling and up to 10 other Members can contribute.

4. Do I need to create a new "pooled" account?
No. Members can use their existing account.

5. How many Points Pools can I be in?
There is no limit on the number of pools a member can be in at a given time.

6. Can you use Pooled Points for just room rates or can it be used for non-room rewards including shopping and experiences?
Yes, once Points are pooled, they can be used for any room or non-room reward product, including the experiences available on the Hilton Honors auction platform, Hilton Honors Shopping Mall and any other non-room reward products.

7. Can you combine Pooled Points with money?
Once Points are pooled they can be used for any room reward product, including a Points & Money Rewards™ reward reservation.

8. What is the minimum/maximum number of Points that can be pooled?
A Member can transfer a minimum of 1,000 Points and a maximum of 500,000 Points into a pool in a calendar year. A Member can receive up to 2 million Points in a calendar year.

9. Are there particular qualifications you must meet to be able to pool Points?
To use Points Pooling, you must be an active Member, be in the program for 30 days, and have a minimum Points balance of 1,000 Points.

10. When will Points Pooling be available?
Points Pooling is now available. Start pooling your Hilton Honors Points here.

11. When will the Points be shown in the other Member’s account and be ready for use?
The transferred or pooled Points will be available for use at the time of transfer, but please allow up to 24 hours for pooled Points to show up when you log in to your account.

12. Where and how do I Points Pool once I have a group of Members that want to combine Points?
All Points Pooling activities will be transacted online via HiltonHonors.com.

13. Where do I go to transfer my Points to the Points Pool initiator?
The Points contributor must access the transfer page through the Points Pool invitation email sent on behalf ot the Points Pool initiator.

14. What’s the difference between Points Pooling and Points Transfer?
Points Transfer is a 1:1 transaction, while Points Pooling allows for combining Hilton Honors Points with up to 10 other people (11 including yourself).

15. After I send Points to a friend for Pooling, what happens if he/she cancels the trip? How can I get my Points back?
If your friend has to cancel his/her trip, he/she can simply transfer the Points back to your account for free.
Print Wikipost

Hilton Points Pooling - Account Closed. Beware !!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by missamo80
There is no "consumer council" in the US. If you were based in the US and really wanted to pursue this you'd likely have to go to small claims court.

Neil

Yep, other than that their only option is complaining on Flyertalk to an increasingly skeptical audience the longer they try to make their points.

By the way, I am pretty sure the actions that Hilton undertook are 1000% covered by their terms and conditions and has zero chance of getting any legal remedy. In fact, many of us can now see why they have that boilerplate stuff buried in their terms and conditions.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:41 am

Just remember points/benefits from Loyalty Customer Programs of all kinds from hotel to airline to your local coffee shop are a PRIVILEGE not a RIGHT.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Zoe Tse
​​​​​​
never. being a professional and improve-able hotel management team, they all are happy to get complain. Without complaint, they can touch every corner of the hotel. With complaint, they can avoid more unhappy gained by other VIP guests.

​​​being as a leader of the industry, we eager for complaint much more than compliment. Compliment is just a encouragement but complaint make us more strong and we can have 2.0, 3.0,...
@Zoe Tse: Would you like to share few examples of complaints you made, in order to have a better understanding of the overall issue? (no need to mention hotels name).
So far reading these post my impression is that you complained way too much and I would say Hilton took the right decision.
But I can be wrong.
Did you complaint because the shower was not working or because you didn't like the room's colour scheme? Hence examples would help.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Miesque
Yep, other than that their only option is complaining on Flyertalk to an increasingly skeptical audience the longer they try to make their points.

By the way, I am pretty sure the actions that Hilton undertook are 1000% covered by their terms and conditions and has zero chance of getting any legal remedy. In fact, many of us can now see why they have that boilerplate stuff buried in their terms and conditions.
how can I proceed this with flyertalk?
In HK, T&C is useless. Rob is rob. Consumer Council accepts complaint from all transactions in shops in HK and protect consumer against such unfair T&C.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:59 am

http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/t...x.html#general
Hilton Honors reserves the right to suspend or discontinue Hilton Honors membership, including any Elite Tier status (including Silver Elite Member, Gold Elite Member,and Diamond Elite Member status), for any Member who appears to be using the Program in a manner inconsistent with the Terms and Conditions or intent of the Program or any portion of the Program, including, but not limited to, Reward redemption or Certificate use. Hilton Honors also reserves the right to discontinue membership for any Member who Hilton Honors believes, or if there are reasonable grounds for suspecting, in its sole discretion, has:

acted in a manner inconsistent with applicable local or federal laws, regulations or ordinances,
breached or violated any of these Program Terms and Conditions,
engaged in any fraudulent or dishonest behavior, theft, misconduct or wrongdoing in connection with the account, including without limitation, involving Reward redemption or Certificate use, or other Member benefits,
engaged in any abusive, fraudulent, disruptive, inappropriate, offensive or hostile conduct, whether it be physical, verbal or written in nature, towards any hotel within the Hilton Portfolio or their guests or employees, or towards Hilton or any of its employees or contractors, or
failed to pay any bills or accounts due to Hilton or any hotel within the Hilton Portfolio.

Such discontinued membership may result in the loss of all accumulated Points and the cancellation of Hilton Honors Certificates, benefits and privileges, including the loss of any associated Elite Tier status. In addition to discontinuance of Hilton Honors membership, Hilton Honors shall have the right to take appropriate administrative and/or legal action, including, without limitation, criminal prosecution, as it deems necessary in its sole discretion.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:09 am

how can I proceed this with flyertalk?
In HK, T&C is useless. Rob is rob. Consumer Council accepts complaint from all transactions in shops in HK and protect consumer against such unfair T&C.
All you can do with what you are doing now, post your complaint. That is it and that is all you will be able to. You can complain until the cows come home and nothing is going to change.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MP001
@Zoe Tse: Would you like to share few examples of complaints you made, in order to have a better understanding of the overall issue? (no need to mention hotels name).
So far reading these post my impression is that you complained way too much and I would say Hilton took the right decision.
But I can be wrong.
Did you complaint because the shower was not working or because you didn't like the room's colour scheme? Hence examples would help.
When can I post link? Seems new comer can't do it.
Just list some for reference (all complaint by hhonor App, not in public media) :
1. Refrigerator not cleaned, all dirties like after a bomb inside. - ningbo HGI
2. A service boy opened the door and look inside when I fell asleep nudely. - GuangZhu doubletree
3. No one can help when I alone arrived WuHan Hilton optic valley with 3 big baggage. Asked support but no one care, same result after complain when I left.
4. The worst one - Guiyang HGI
USB socket is useless
Door of washroom can't be closed (keep half open)
Door of the Room can't be locked (feeling not safe after #2 )
Decoration
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: IHG Gold
​​​​​​
never. being a professional and improve-able hotel management team, they all are happy to get complain. Without complaint, they can touch every corner of the hotel. With complaint, they can avoid more unhappy gained by other VIP guests.

​​​being as a leader of the industry, we eager for complaint much more than compliment. Compliment is just a encouragement but complaint make us more strong and we can have 2.0, 3.0,...
Your opinion is they are happy to get complaints.

Their opinion is they are not.

Think about it-500 guests stay in a hotel every night. Thousands per month. One or few people constantly complain. The others either don't or are happy with the services.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:56 am

yes. It's the point. We also make complaint no matter SPG or Marriott, we posted anywhere like TripAdvisor and facebook hotel page, accept comment and complaint to fight for excellent. It is what a professional management executive eager for. No idea why too many ppl feeling bad about complaint/comment.

Anyway, we just want to get back all our prepaid and bonus points. It is non-reasonable for an international group like Hilton to rob members money.
Can I confirm you bought 80,000 points, got 80,000 points as bonus under the sale, 80,000 compensation points since starting with Hilton in April 2017, had over 40 stays, lost 260,000 points at the time of account closure.

With 40 stays, it would be logical you would have earned more than 20,000 points thus a portion of those 40 stays were award stays? When did you buy the points and how many award stays did you make since that purchase? Did you used at least 80,000 or even 160,000 points?

I also like to point out that in the IT world, although bug reporting is encouraged and even at times rewarded, there is however one thing in common. In discovering a bug and in order to be seen as a good intention, one is expected to reach out to the company to allow them time to investigate, respond and maybe work on a solution before going public. Going public without giving notice is akin to blackmail or intentionally out to get the company. Does not sound like having the company interest at heart.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Miesque
Just remember points/benefits from Loyalty Customer Programs of all kinds from hotel to airline to your local coffee shop are a PRIVILEGE not a RIGHT.
That is wrong for sure.

Loyalty programs are based on contracts. Hotels and airlines are bounded to that contracts.

You can not sell points to a customer and then retain them, just because you like to do that.

Even if a customer obtains points by fraud, i. e. 80k points, the company can not retain 260k points.

Again The OP can sue Hilton in HKG.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:31 am

When can I post link? Seems new comer can't do it.
Just list some for reference (all complaint by hhonor App, not in public media) :
1. Refrigerator not cleaned, all dirties like after a bomb inside. - ningbo HGI
2. A service boy opened the door and look inside when I fell asleep nudely. - GuangZhu doubletree
3. No one can help when I alone arrived WuHan Hilton optic valley with 3 big baggage. Asked support but no one care, same result after complain when I left.
4. The worst one - Guiyang HGI
USB socket is useless
Door of washroom can't be closed (keep half open)
Door of the Room can't be locked (feeling not safe after #2 )
Decoration
You are from HKG and you travel a lot in China. You should know, that Chinese companies including hotels don't like to get criticized in general and especially not for things, which are a kind of normal in China.

You were speculating, if it's a racial thing by Honor. I'm sure it's not. I think, the representatives of the Chinese hotels, you gave your feedback about, made Hilton Honor to fire you.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by thbe
That is wrong for sure.

Loyalty programs are based on contracts. Hotels and airlines are bounded to that contracts.

You can not sell points to a customer and then retain them, just because you like to do that.

Even if a customer obtains points by fraud, i. e. 80k points, the company can not retain 260k points.

Again The OP can sue Hilton in HKG.
You just stated the loyalty program is governed by a contract.

From what others have posted earlier, it clearly appears they can cancel the account according to that contract.

Can she sue Hilton in HK? I don't know, but if she can she should do that and get it over with.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by mapleg
You just stated the loyalty program is governed by a contract.

From what others have posted earlier, it clearly appears they can cancel the account according to that contract.
Not everything you write in your t&c will be part of the contract.

You can not eliminate the right of property by t&c for example.

Companies still write these kind of things in their t&c. Not to have better chances in court, but to decrease the number of lawsuits.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by thbe
Not everything you write in your t&c will be part of the contract.

You can not eliminate the right of property by t&c for example.

Companies still write these kind of things in their t&c. Not to have better chances in court, but to decrease the number of lawsuits.
Agreed, so she should sue them if she wants to.

But, seems to me if you make a hobby out of trying to jig the system, or your hobby is complaining constantly, sometimes you get bitten.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:57 am

Anyone filing a lawsuit against Hilton in this situation is going to get a countersuit alleging Fraud which has far weightier ramifications.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.