Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2010, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by divemistressofthedark
I get 26.5:1 on all my hotel stays, which is a better rate generally than I'd get anywhere^)
Ok... Not sure how it's done. Can you give some info on the 26.5:1. Gotta figure that one out.

Thanks!
Old May 28, 2010, 11:20 am

26.5:$1

10 Base points
2.5 25% Bonus on Base Points for Gold VIP
5 Bonus points (Double Dip set to Points + Points)
9 Points per $ spent at Hilton on AMEX Surpass Card
26.5 Total Points

However, she probably does better than that if she's reserving directly on the Hilton website - with the AMEX she's picking up 500 points for each reservation/stay made (must complete the stay to get the 500 points)
Old May 28, 2010, 3:41 pm

Programs: HHonors
And if you signed up for double points during the current promo it'll be 36.5:1.
Old May 28, 2010, 6:58 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
I have found the MVP rate to be quite great. Usually Hiltons seem to have the better discounts compared to Hamptonns dollar and percentage wise. I haven't had any problems what soever with it being honored although one of the front desk checkin people did write my rate on my booklet given with the keys. These rates have been cheaper then some group atse offered I was at a Hamptonn in DC last week and my rate was $2 cheaper lol
Old May 29, 2010, 9:16 am

Programs: AA 2.2MM LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Splittin' Aces
26.5:$1

10 Base points
26.5 Total Points
Originally Posted by hamptoninnsider
And if you signed up for double points during the current promo it'll be 36.5:1.
And 39:1 if you're Diamond. Gotta love it! Valuing my points at about 0.5 cents each, that's basically 20% back in point value.
Old May 29, 2010, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Conrad Dublin
Hi Louis66,

Just a quick reply to your question in relation to discount codes for Conrad Dublin for June this year.

We have two promotions running at the moment which may be of interest to you.
One is 'Luxury for Less' offering rates from €159 BB + parking and you can book this directly on the Conrad website www.conraddublin.com - the promotional code is PR22LL (please enter as the Group/Convention Code).

The second is a Hilton worldwide promotion 'Great Getaway' - offering up to 25% discount off normal rates - can also be booked online at the Conrad website - the promotional code is PGGG01 (please enter as the Group/Convention Code).

Hope you will find these useful and if I can offer any further help, please don't hesitate to contact me directly on [email protected].

Would be delighted to welcome you at the Conrad in June )

Kind regards,

Daniela Krempaska
Executive Secretary
Welcome to FT, Daniela from Conrad Dublin.
Old May 29, 2010, 9:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
10 Base points
26.5 Total Points

However, she probably does better than that if she's reserving directly on the Hilton website - with the AMEX she's picking up 500 points for each reservation/stay made (must complete the stay to get the 500 points)
^ That's it, exactly.

Never ceases to amaze me how many people look only at the redemption charts for hotel programs without considering the earn ratios. I'll take 26.5:1 over a measly 2:1 any day - and Hilton's reward options are never >13 times more expensive.

Didn't go for double points for Q2 because I had a lot of stays planned and I'll rack up three free night certs. Another great deal from HH.
Old May 30, 2010, 10:58 am

i like the assumption that everyone has a HH earning credit card (NOT)
Old May 30, 2010, 9:30 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I am planning to stay in Hilton Frankfurt for next March 2011 for a convention there.

Does any one have any discount code that help in lowering their crazy rate of Euro 329.00 per night ?

I don't want to buy Advance purchase rate becuase I don't know what will happened in one year time.
Old May 31, 2010, 10:49 am

i like the assumption that everyone has a HH earning credit card (NOT)
If you don't, you're leaving money on the table. Why would anyone assume people wouldn't want to maximize their earn potential at Hilton - when we're all taking the time to post on a Hilton message board?
Old May 31, 2010, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LH/LX
I am planning to stay in Hilton Frankfurt for next March 2011 for a convention there.

Does any one have any discount code that help in lowering their crazy rate of Euro 329.00 per night ?

I don't want to buy Advance purchase rate becuase I don't know what will happened in one year time.
Few hotels will give substantial discounts 10 months in advance. My experience is the better discounts begin about 1-3 months in advance as the hotel managers see how many rooms are yet unsold.

MisterNice
Old May 31, 2010, 2:05 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
If you don't, you're leaving money on the table. Why would anyone assume people wouldn't want to maximize their earn potential at Hilton - when we're all taking the time to post on a Hilton message board?
Because not everybody lives in US to get the AMEX Surpass card or in UK to get the HH Visa card. Frustrating when you spend $8k per year at Hilton and you leave 70k points on the table, but it is what it is.
Old May 31, 2010, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by CAlex
Because not everybody lives in US to get the AMEX Surpass card or in UK to get the HH Visa card. Frustrating when you spend $8k per year at Hilton and you leave 70k points on the table, but it is what it is.
Also, not everyone is a leisure traveler who has the option of choosing the card. Several corporate policies require the use of a corporate card, and majority of the HHonors members do travel for work (as with several other hotel loyalty programs). Its easy to take posts on FT as the norm, but many frequent traveler programs are indeed used by business travelers the most.
Old May 31, 2010, 11:27 pm

Fair enough, but I do reserve the right not to feel too sorry for business travelers - many of whom post in these threads looking for ways to burn 100,000s of points (the foreign travelers are another matter, and I do regret the CC situation for them. That sounds pretty unfair.)

Last edited by divemistressofthedark; May 31, 2010 at 11:38 pm Reason: can't spell
Old Jun 1, 2010, 7:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
There are a variety of reasons someone might not have a Hilton card.

Some might have another points earning card & can't justify multiple ones, some might have a corp that demands the use of a dif card, some might live in a dif country & can't get it, some can't get multiple credit cards due to credit issues that might be beyond their control in today's crap economic/housing environment.

For those that do have a Hilton card, the one formula probably works w/ regards to lots of points. But as noted, not everyone has the Hilton card & not everyone is a biz traveler, so the koombaya dance doesn't always work.

And people post on a multitude of airline & hotel forums on FT, regardless of whether they have points earning cards in each of their programs. For example, I belong to most of the hotel & airline ff programs. Does that mean I own a credit card in each one? No.

But the topic of this thread is discount codes for Hilton - not whether someone has a Hilton credit card So - new codes anyone?

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.