Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2010, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Colin
They may try to charge you rack rate and perhaps you may pay it. But others would just say I left my business cards at home, I'm either paying the confirmed rate or leaving.
In particular quite helpful if you arrive after cancellation deadline. And from a legal point of view I would call it "attempted fraud".

Don't get me wrong: We all take advantage of a grey area, but everybody needs to be clear that (miss) using a corporate code is no longer on the "grey" side (however, I would not say that I have never done it).
Old Jul 18, 2010, 2:44 pm

Programs: HH diamond
They may try to charge you rack rate and perhaps you may pay it. But others would just say I left my business cards at home, I'm either paying the confirmed rate or leaving.
Since when are business cards the same as corporate ID? Anyone can make a business card on the printer, even w/insignia and "embossing". A child could do it!
You need to produce corporate ID not a easily copied business card. With gov rate, business cards were NOT acceptable. I'd imagine it's the same w/corporate rates.

If I were the FD I would hold to the person paying rack or void the reservation. The other option is the person must go out and look for a reservation elsewhere. That's a lot of time and effort for what will most likely end up meaning paying rack rate for last minute reservation elsewhere.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 5:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
Since when are business cards the same as corporate ID? Anyone can make a business card on the printer, even w/insignia and "embossing". A child could do it!
You need to produce corporate ID not a easily copied business card. With gov rate, business cards were NOT acceptable. I'd imagine it's the same w/corporate rates.

If I were the FD I would hold to the person paying rack or void the reservation. The other option is the person must go out and look for a reservation elsewhere. That's a lot of time and effort for what will most likely end up meaning paying rack rate for last minute reservation elsewhere.
come on get real, sheesh

not everyone has a business ID aka corporate ID, I can tell you for a fact that where I work, a lot of employees do not have corp ID, corp email accounts etc yet they are legit employees, its just that for what they do, they are not needed, they are employees at very remote domestic sites and they do travel world wide; they are every bit entitled to our corp rate as anyone with a corp ID; and I can guarantee you we are not the only large company that does this; all of our competitors and teammates have this issue as well

If you were the FDC you would be making $10 bucks an hour and just trying to clear the line; you would not be hassling a line of people for ID when you have no idea if they are legit or not
Old Jul 19, 2010, 8:22 am

In the past many large firms hired me as a consultant and told me to use their corporate number when traveling. This is not a rare occasion. It happens with many firms. I have never been asked for an ID in any stay using one of these ID's.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 8:31 am

Programs: CO-PLT,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, AA ex Platinum, Avis 1st
Or you are just in town interviewing at company X, or doing contract work for company X. I travel 3-4 days every week, and have never been even asked about it. I think the hotel is just glad to have the room rented.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 9:12 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold, LH Senator, …
Originally Posted by spineangel
Or you are just in town interviewing at company X, or doing contract work for company X. I travel 3-4 days every week, and have never been even asked about it. I think the hotel is just glad to have the room rented.
I get asked at European hotels all the time. Some hotels even require my clients to do the booking for me. It's easier if I have a client email adress.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 9:41 am

Or hand your real business card to the clerk and explain that XYZ Co. is a owned by ABC Corp. The $10/hour clerk is not going to know the business entitites in the the Blackstone, General Electric, Siemens corporatations.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 2:43 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
During my recent 3 stays in London, I was asked by the EL manager what project I am working on, trying to see if there is any way they could get more business from the company. I doubt they did it to check my employment status, as the invoice always is on the company name.

When I asked them for the reason, they mentioned pressure from Yield Management to understand where we are staying (people working at the same company with me), and how they could attract more business from us.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 1:53 pm

Programs: CO-PLT,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, AA ex Platinum, Avis 1st
Or hand your real business card to the clerk and explain that XYZ Co. is a owned by ABC Corp. The $10/hour clerk is not going to know the business entitites in the the Blackstone, General Electric, Siemens corporatations.
GREAT IDEA..... Had not thought of that one
Old Jul 21, 2010, 2:18 pm

Programs: HHonors
How the corporate codes are enforced is left entirely up to the hotel. Hilton lets us deny the rate if someone can't produce proper ID. Saying you're an entity at a large corporation won't be acceptable, even if it's the truth, should the hotel decide to enforce it. The whole corporate ID system is flawed.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by hamptoninnsider
How the corporate codes are enforced is left entirely up to the hotel. Hilton lets us deny the rate if someone can't produce proper ID. Saying you're an entity at a large corporation won't be acceptable, even if it's the truth, should the hotel decide to enforce it. The whole corporate ID system is flawed.
Better than not renting the room.........
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:55 am

Programs: HHonors
Not really. My hotel has survived without having to buy into the William Shatner philosophy.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by hamptoninnsider
Not really. My hotel has survived without having to buy into the William Shatner philosophy.
So when someone attempts to check-in at your hotel and cannot prove they are employed with the company code the reservation states, you make them pay rack rates, or walk out?
Old Jul 22, 2010, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by spineangel
So when someone attempts to check-in at your hotel and cannot prove they are employed with the company code the reservation states, you make them pay rack rates, or walk out?
What on Earth are you talking about? How can a hotel clerk force a customer at check-in to do anything?

Clerk: You don't work for ACME. You must pay $400/night.
Customer: Good bye.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
What on Earth are you talking about? How can a hotel clerk force a customer at check-in to do anything?

Clerk: You don't work for ACME. You must pay $400/night.
Customer: Good bye.
Isn't that what spineangel said?

The clerk forces you to choose between those two options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.