Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2010, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hamptoninnsider
How the corporate codes are enforced is left entirely up to the hotel. Hilton lets us deny the rate if someone can't produce proper ID. Saying you're an entity at a large corporation won't be acceptable, even if it's the truth, should the hotel decide to enforce it. The whole corporate ID system is flawed.
I was recently asked for ID at Windsor,Hampton. I have a letter from the provincial government indicating what Ministry I am with and the branch dep't.
The clerk did not even look at the ID paper as i explained and retreived the paper to present to him.I did show him,it was a moot point at this time.
Have been questioned at Hiltons ,never been asked to formally produce ID.

When asked at my latest Hilton,I asked clerk to mark on file that I have ID and will be staying on government rates in the future.Should save me any more delays.ZIP check-in works well too.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 11:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
Since when are business cards the same as corporate ID? Anyone can make a business card on the printer, even w/insignia and "embossing". A child could do it!
You need to produce corporate ID not a easily copied business card. With gov rate, business cards were NOT acceptable. I'd imagine it's the same w/corporate rates.

If I were the FD I would hold to the person paying rack or void the reservation. The other option is the person must go out and look for a reservation elsewhere. That's a lot of time and effort for what will most likely end up meaning paying rack rate for last minute reservation elsewhere.
As someone who worked for a variety of Fortune 50 & Fortune 500 companies, I think there was only one where we had a 'corp id' & that was to enter the facility where we worked. I sure as heck didn't take it with me when I was traveling on company business, especially to customer sites. All the other companies, we just had business cards.

I can honestly say that in the entire time I traveled for F50 & F500, not once was I ever asked for company id, regardless of corp id or business card. If I had been, then the biz card would have been it. If the hotel clerk wanted to bump me up to rack rate from my company's corp rate because I only had a company biz card vs corp id, it would not have been pretty - for the FD.

Last I heard, individual FD agents & hotel chains do not dictate the type of company id a company issues to its employees. @:-)

Now that I'm independent I make my own ressies, but if I'm doing work for a company that has a negotiated corp rate & they tell me to book using that to save them $$, then I book using that. I don't have id for that company, but since they're paying me I do what they tell me to do & the FD can sort it out w/ my client.

I don't understand why people keep comparing gov't id requirements to corp requirements. They're 2 separate entities, and as most know, gov't ressies usually come with stricter id & papers requirements, and that's pretty much the one booking that id/papers are regularly requested. Someone would really need to be a risktaker to book gov't rate - or arrive at the property before 6pm & have a back-up ressie somewhere else.

Cheers.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 6:39 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
What is the MVP rate that has been discussed here, and how does one book it?

Also, any thoughts on discounts for the Grand Wailea? Last year I stayed at the Makena Beach and Golf Resort, which was pleasant enough, quiet (which I like), and has a special going on now where garden rooms are $175 and ocean-front regular (not suite) is $220. However, I have a few free night certificates, one of which will expire if I don't use it by February, so if I could get a good rate at the W-A (say $250 or so), I could use the certs for a few of the nights.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by plitv001
Collection from all 20 pages on this thread: Should save others the time.

Change your settings and you only have to go through 7 pages... Thanks for the list though and welcome to FT, plitv001. ^
Old Jul 28, 2010, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by anabolism
What is the MVP rate that has been discussed here, and how does one book it? ...
I last used an MVP rate a month ago, see this thread:
Old Sep 1, 2010, 7:49 am

Programs: MileagePlus, HHonors, Priority Club, Avios
Post Hilton Friends/Family discount or other nice code out there?

I'm eyeing the very nice Homewood Suites Hotel/Convention Center on International Drive in Orlando for a couple nights in early 2011.

I have enough points to get the first two nights free, but will need to pay cash for the next couple nights. The hotel and its amenities seem incredible, but the price of $150+ per night has me wavering.

I've looked online and through this Forum, and haven't been able to find a Hilton Friends and Family discount deal that can be taken advantage of, like there is for IHG.

Does anyone out there have any good Hilton discount codes they could pass on, or advice on how to cut that price down as much as possible for a stay in February 2011? I'd be willing to book the second set of nights through another site like Orbitz, if your code was from there (I have already looked through the list of codes at this forum's Hotel Deals section).

My plan was to book two reservations: one for the first two days with points, then a second for the next few days with whatever discount deal I could get a hold of online.

This eager but inexperienced mileage nut appreciates your help.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 11:10 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Google "Hilton MVP".....
Old Sep 2, 2010, 9:04 pm

Programs: HHonors, Marriott Rewards, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by pmaddock
Google "Hilton MVP".....
When it comes to Homewood Suites properties, more often than not, the rate rules require press credentials at check-in when using the MVP rate.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 9:39 pm

MVP at Homewood Suites

While the rate rules do indicate a requirement of press, or team, credentials, I have stayed in several Homewoods using the MVP rate and never been asked for anything but my HHonors Card and a credit card.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 6:06 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond,Bonvoy Platinum,Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade,LH SEN,AZ Gold,VS Elevate Gold
I have been using the codes for YEARS (I even have an old Enron one, ha), and so long as you book online I have never, not once, been asked for any id nor have I EVER had any questions or problems.

As I mentioned, I started being given these codes when I was working as a consultant and I went and worked for the companies at their location - rather than have their secretary have to make a booking for me (with my cc number etc.), they told me what code to use.

Somehow I think that this is extremely legal - let's put it this way it may be open to "abuse" but after all if the type of room that you are allowed to book with a certain code is not available they do not book it for you, so in practice the company that negotiated the discount can show that they have a good bargaining position because so many people stayed over so many nights, etc., plus the properties sell their rooms...

Oyther rates, such as AAA, do require ID - but corporate rates do NOT - I asked HHonours about this.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 9:34 am

is it save to use the pr13cb code in japan? i mean do they know which companys are eligible for the code? i once worked for siemens and they use this code, but now i am work for a german-based swiss company and i am not sure if i can use it for some nights at the hilton narita, kyoto and tokyo. whats the worst thing that could happen? i am a gold vip if it matters.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by roland_wa
is it save to use the pr13cb code in japan? i mean do they know which companys are eligible for the code? i once worked for siemens and they use this code, but now i am work for a german-based swiss company and i am not sure if i can use it for some nights at the hilton narita, kyoto and tokyo. whats the worst thing that could happen? i am a gold vip if it matters.
Guys: Please. Read this thread, use the code and do not raise the same question again and again and risk to kill the offer by asking too much. PR13CB is not a Siemens code or whatever code but its is generic and open to friends and relatives of employees of a full bunch of companies using a specific staff benefit program. There are not set prerequisits whether you are allowed to use this code, simply use it and be happy. BTW: The Siemens code does not start with PR13 but with 32300....
Old Sep 10, 2010, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3.7MM, Hawn Platinum, Hilton Diamond, PC Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Natl Exe Elite
Thanks for the PR13CB code. I got a few more dollars off the AAA rate by using this.^
Old Sep 11, 2010, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Guys: Please. Read this thread, use the code and do not raise the same question again and again and risk to kill the offer by asking too much.
Well spoken! Please read (and read it againg if you did not understand it the first time!) and do not flash these really useful codes in a public forum like this...
Old Sep 13, 2010, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Well spoken! Please read (and read it againg if you did not understand it the first time!) and do not flash these really useful codes in a public forum like this...
^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.