Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2010, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by RDUpax
When you Select Your Room and Rate the T&C are displayed at the beginning of the list of room selections that are MVP eligible. For a DT reservation you would see:

MVP Program Special Rate. HHonors number required when booking. (more)

Click on (more) and a pop-up with the full T&C will be displayed including any affiliations required to qualify for the MVP rates.
John
When I click on (more) this is what I get....

Rate Type Details

Rate Type:
M V P PROGRAM
SPECIAL RATE HHONORS NUMBER REQUIRED WHEN BOOKING SUBJECT TO AVAIL RESTRICITIONS APPLY

I assume that I will not be asked for any proof of the MVP rate at check-in?
Old Jun 24, 2010, 10:06 am
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Sterlingguy
...and the IBM rate is a whopping $76 less per night than the AAA discount rate (240 MYR vs. 494 MYR). Who is eligible to use the IBM rate?
Has anyone tried using the IBM code at the New York Hilton? I would think that if you were going to ask for ID that would certainly be a place it would occur.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 8:53 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by seychellesbound

There are two other MVP threads in this forum discussing MVP rates and how to book your room with the MVP codes.
Check out this post for additional details: Hilton Family MVP?

No problems have been reported with booking with the MVP rate or later at check-in.

John
Old Jul 5, 2010, 2:08 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold

I used the MVP rate at an HGI last week without any problems.
John
Old Jul 5, 2010, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by RDUpax
I used the MVP rate at an HGI last week without any problems.
John
No issues that I've experienced,
Old Jul 5, 2010, 9:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond (The Hard Way) Braniff Platinum, Eastern Airlines Gold, Piedmont Airlines Rubix Level
When I click on (more) this is what I get....

Rate Type Details

Rate Type:
M V P PROGRAM
SPECIAL RATE HHONORS NUMBER REQUIRED WHEN BOOKING SUBJECT TO AVAIL RESTRICITIONS APPLY

Just used MVP tonight also used it on my last 3 bookings no issue or request for proof of MVP rate.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 11:17 am

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
Any problems getting HHonors credit for hotels booked with the Blackstone code?
Old Jul 17, 2010, 10:18 pm

Do some research on the city you are traveling to and ask for the corp rate for a large company in the area. I will say I have a meeting with the company and I get rate as much as 50% off. It may take a few visits to see what company has the best discounted rate.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by RingoNBoo
Do some research on the city you are traveling to and ask for the corp rate for a large company in the area. I will say I have a meeting with the company and I get rate as much as 50% off. It may take a few visits to see what company has the best discounted rate.
This is not unheard of but called "fraud" - just to put it in the right context. Beside that: Welcome to FT
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond (The Hard Way) Braniff Platinum, Eastern Airlines Gold, Piedmont Airlines Rubix Level
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
This is not unheard of but called "fraud" - just to put it in the right context. Beside that: Welcome to FT
So what about the MVP rate is that fraud as well? If so hope prison will honor my diamond status and upgrade me to a two room cell...
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Companycar
So what about the MVP rate is that fraud as well? If so hope prison will honor my diamond status and upgrade me to a two room cell...
The MVP rate can be booked by everybody and I never understood whether or not there any prerequsits. But you will certainly agree that is makes a certain difference to call and to pretend to want to visit a corporate.

I simply mentioned that this is called fraud. It is upto each individual to decide whether or not to use that route.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 1:17 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Companycar
So what about the MVP rate....
I've booked a number of hotels at various properties using the MVP rate. The only chain whose rate rules specify that you must have press credentials is Homewood; all the others simply say that you must supply your HHonors number at booking and that the hotel isn't free to offer you the rate but that you must request it.

I assume that using the MVP code counts as a "request"
Old Jul 18, 2010, 1:29 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by cblaisd
I've booked a number of hotels at various properties using the MVP rate. The only chain whose rate rules specify that you must have press credentials is Homewood; all the others simply say that you must supply your HHonors number at booking and that the hotel isn't free to offer you the rate but that you must request it.

I assume that using the MVP code counts as a "request"
I've also seen some mention of pro/amateur sports club affiliation. I've never been asked but carry my club membership w/me just in case

Agree w/Flying Lawyer. The MVP is a code open to the public. The corporate code that RingoNBoo is recommending you try to sniff out is NOT a public code. It is supposed to be for use of that company. ALso be aware that if you use a code you are not entitled to and CANNOT produce ID as proof, you will be charged rack rate. You won't have an argument against it.

I've traveled on gov codes and almost always got asked about my ID.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 1:59 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
This is what the rate rules say for a Hampton booked via MVP:

Rate Type:
Special Rate. HHonors number required when booking.
Subject to availability restrictions at each hotel.
Restrictions: Must be requested. Do not offer. HHonors
number/card required when booking. 20% off BAR. Features:
Special rate. Subject to hotel availability,
length of stay restrictions, blackout dates may apply.
The verbiage on the other brands, except Homewood, is similar. But this is what a Homewood booking says with the MVP code:

Rate Type:
Special Rate. Press Credentials are required at check in.
Subject to availability restrictions at each Hotel.
Restrictions: Must be requested. Do not offer. Press
Credentials are required at check-in.Individual sports
traveler program. Travelers will have direct affiliation
with professional sports clubs,collegiate athletic
departments or amateur sportsAssociations.
Features: Special rate. Subject to hotel availability,
length of stay restrictions, Blackout dates may apply.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by travelinfoo
I've also seen some mention of pro/amateur sports club affiliation. I've never been asked but carry my club membership w/me just in case

Agree w/Flying Lawyer. The MVP is a code open to the public. The corporate code that RingoNBoo is recommending you try to sniff out is NOT a public code. It is supposed to be for use of that company. ALso be aware that if you use a code you are not entitled to and CANNOT produce ID as proof, you will be charged rack rate. You won't have an argument against it.

I've traveled on gov codes and almost always got asked about my ID.
They may try to charge you rack rate and perhaps you may pay it. But others would just say I left my business cards at home, I'm either paying the confirmed rate or leaving.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.