Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2007, 6:31 am

Programs: Various shiny cards at hotel chains and airlines
Originally Posted by Rambuster
OK, here goes:

I tried out the corporate codes for IBM (001368083) and HP (009122532) recently at a Hilton in Germany.

The stay finally posted and will count towards my Diamond renewal in terms of stay and nights posting, however no points were awarded - not even for incidentals !

The stays post as COR97 and COR47 in the Plan Code section.

I am kicking myself as the HP rate on one occasion was only €10 cheaper than the regular rate. But serves me right for booking something whithout knowing the details ...
Mhmm... Then it is yes, rather to pay 10€ more and get the points
Thanks for the info ;-)
Old Apr 6, 2007, 5:28 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, AA Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
I cannot confirm that - I have booked a number of times using my customers' corporate rates (including the HP and IBM ones mentioned), and was always rewarded the points - I guess it depends on the individual hotel...

I normally call Hilton Reservations directly and ask for a specific corporate rate. Sometimes they even tell me the corporate code on the phone, but even if not, the account number will show up in the reservation summary later (at the bottom).

Hope that helps,
pilluelo
Old Apr 6, 2007, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Wow. This cuts the rate for the Hilton Seattle in half as well. My company has its own negotiated rates, but not for the Hilton Seattle. I can stay at an equivalent property downtown (Marriott) or trek to a Hampton that is pretty far away. I had pretty much given up on making that long trip to the Hampton for each visit, so this will come in handy.

Hilton really should give some type of standardized corporate rate to Diamonds. I'm not asking for steep discounts, just the market rate they give to most larger companies. I want to stay at HH properties, but my company doesn't have rates at them all.
Old Apr 7, 2007, 7:23 am

Omegadeal

Which number did you use for the Hilton Seattle? I'm only coming up with $259 / night.

I am assuming you are talking about the one downtown...
Old Apr 7, 2007, 9:14 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by pilluelo
I cannot confirm that - I have booked a number of times using my customers' corporate rates (including the HP and IBM ones mentioned), and was always rewarded the points - I guess it depends on the individual hotel...

I normally call Hilton Reservations directly and ask for a specific corporate rate. Sometimes they even tell me the corporate code on the phone, but even if not, the account number will show up in the reservation summary later (at the bottom).

Hope that helps,
pilluelo
Do you have to proof at the hotel where you will be staying that you work for the company which you are using to make the booking at the corporate rate or there is no need and?
I have looked rates in a couple of locations I stay often and the rates are 20/30% lower, so it would be a good advantage ^
Thks for your comments
Old Apr 7, 2007, 3:32 pm

I have never been asked for any form of identification when using my clients' corporate rates. As stated in a similar thread, I guess a receptionist would not annoy a stressed out business traveller by asking him upon arrival to "prove" that he is entitled to use the rate booked.

It might be a different story if you book using airline/government rates, though, as they are typically even lower than other corporate rates...

Which company rates do you typically use?
Old Apr 7, 2007, 3:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
The rule of thumb is booking a corporate code you're not entitled carries a risk. Best case no id required & you get it. Worst case id required & you're stuck w/ rack rate, so sometimes folk have back-up reservations somewhere. The big rule of thumb is not to book the gov't rate if you're not entitled to it, as that usually does get asked for id.

Some individual hotels and/or chains will request id; others don't bother. Supposedly Marriott's going to start id'ing folk (or are supposed to; whether that actually happens w/ front desk clerks after a while remains to be seen).

Rambuster, if I were you, I'd send in the folios for your 2 stays where you get stay & not point credit & say the point credit didn't post so could HHonors please correct it. I've never heard of points not being assigned when corporate codes are used.

Also, if the price differential isn't all that great (ie, only 10Euros), I'd say going w/ reg rates makes the most sense. If it's a huge difference, then the corp rate could be better. YVMV.

Cheers.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Rambuster, if I were you, I'd send in the folios for your 2 stays where you get stay & not point credit & say the point credit didn't post so could HHonors please correct it. I've never heard of points not being assigned when corporate codes are used.

Also, if the price differential isn't all that great (ie, only 10Euros), I'd say going w/ reg rates makes the most sense. If it's a huge difference, then the corp rate could be better. YVMV.

Cheers.
That's what I've done. The Diamond desk didn't know why the stays posted with zero points but couldn't adjust them manually either. He did however mention that he had done something so that they should post overnight, and bingo-they did. I guess it is all to do with their IT glitches they are having right now. (status not being shown correctly on HH.com)
Old Apr 8, 2007, 10:04 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I have a really good rate with my employer at a European Hilton, where I stay once or twice a month. The points never post automatically. I bundle 3-4 stays together and send 'em in to the Diamond desk and they get posted same day or next. It is annoying but I have gotten used to it. I have some concern that the rate may be too low to earn points- I know this is not a published Hilton convention but I have encountered it at other chains- but I ain't going to ask.
Old Apr 9, 2007, 4:46 pm

Hilton Frankfurt

Anyone happens to have a code which works well on the Hilton Frankfurt? Any help would be gladly appreciated

Thanks in advance,
pilluelo
Old Apr 12, 2007, 9:20 pm

Someone at Marriott squeezed enough that FT took down the 7-page listing of corp codes on the Marriott forum (luckily lots of folk had copied the thread first ). But heads up. Realize there aren't many codes listed on this thread, but you may want to copy down the ones that do exist. Of course Hilton doesn't check this forum that often & there aren't that many codes (and there probably aren't nasty employees like on Marriott acting as de facto police in their 'unofficial capacity), so this thread may stay up. But just in case.

Cheers.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 10:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K GS, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, Avis Chairman, Hertz PC, National EE
Are you entitled to Gold/Diamond benefits if you use corporate codes? I was checking out the IBM Corp code, and it drops the rate at the Drake in Chicago below the Gov't Rate. I do not work for, or am contracted to work for, IBM. Will they ask for ID during check-in? The corp rate is over 50% less the rack rate... tempting...
Old May 3, 2007, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA and HH
Originally Posted by Rambuster
OK, here goes:

I tried out the corporate codes for IBM (001368083) and HP (009122532) recently at a Hilton in Germany.

The stay finally posted and will count towards my Diamond renewal in terms of stay and nights posting, however no points were awarded - not even for incidentals !

The stays post as COR97 and COR47 in the Plan Code section.

I am kicking myself as the HP rate on one occasion was only €10 cheaper than the regular rate. But serves me right for booking something whithout knowing the details ...
Does anyone know if these corporate rates still work? I just did a search on numerous cities and when I entered the corp rate the price still came up as rack????
Old May 4, 2007, 11:16 am

If it's coming up rack rate it might mean it's not offered at that hotel (just because there's a corp code doesn't mean it's valid at all properties) or that it's not available for that date or the # of rooms allocated to that rate have been filled.

Also, you're entitled to Gold/Diamond benefits if corp rates are used. The 2 are separate items.

Cheers.
Old May 24, 2007, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Here's a code which will give you 5% discount on the lowest flexible rate in Germany, Austria and Switzerland: D600198360

(Ok, not brilliant, but perhaps better than nothing)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.