Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2005, 9:00 am

Do we want to do this?

Originally Posted by JGill
So, how 'bout a STICKY for Hilton codes, like the thread in the Marriott forum ?
There have been several attempts over that past 12-18 months to stir up interest in this, but (fortunately) there have not been a lot of takers. Some codes have been provided if you care to do a search.

I travel for an international organization which has negotiated some very attractive rates in most countries (but not the USA); some of which include access to the Executive Floor; some with tax and service included; and many with a full breakfast. All of these require the presentation of a "valid ID" at the time of check-in. I think that it would be unethical for me to publish my codes. Possibly othere feel the same way.

There are some codes that I have come accross which may be useful to some.

For example, those who travel with a Eurail Pass can get a 30% discount from most European Hiltons. THis is widly published but I have never found out how to book a room with the discount.

I am sure that there will be other views.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by Bondiboy
I think that it would be unethical for me to publish my codes. Possibly othere feel the same way.

I am sure that there will be other views.
I agree that these codes shouldn't be shared. Being made aware of promotions and tips for lower rates that apply to everyone is fair game, but using a discount that you are not entitled to isn't much better than using a credit card that isn't yours.
Old Sep 16, 2005, 11:37 am

Programs: AA (what is EXP?), UA 1P, IC free mini bar club, SPG GLD
one could pm, and it won't be widespread
Old Sep 18, 2005, 12:41 am

Programs: DLGM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kenfry
one could pm, and it won't be widespread
But it is still fraud, deception, theft & larceny.
Old Sep 18, 2005, 2:28 am
Original Member

Cool

Originally Posted by ProntoPup
Well, I think that is a bit strong of a description.

And so, the larger question (IMHO) is why is there such a thread in the Marriott forum, and not here ? Ethics, one would think, would be the same at a Hilton as they are at a Marriott.
Old Sep 18, 2005, 6:13 am
cjd

Originally Posted by ProntoPup
Yes, by Hilton charging different rates for the same room.
Old Sep 18, 2005, 4:39 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, MR Silver
Originally Posted by JGill
And so, the larger question (IMHO) is why is there such a thread in the Marriott forum, and not here ? Ethics, one would think, would be the same at a Hilton as they are at a Marriott.
The general viewpoint in the Marriott forum seems to be:

1) In most cases, corporate rates are not restricted to employees travelling on company business. Many are open to employees on leisure travel and most can be used by those doing business with the company at that location (including vendors, consultants and customers). This makes it difficult for a hotel to check for appropriate ID or other documents.

2) In most cases, the companies who have corporate rates benefit from other people using them. They are usually required to book a certain minimum number of rooms using the rate each year in order to retain it. If they book more than the minimum, they may qualify for a lower corporate rate during the next contract cycle. The companies are unlikely to police who is using their rates.

Therefore, since it is difficult to be "caught", it must be OK.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA Premier, IC Ambassador, HHONORS Diamond VIP, Priority Club Platinum
Rate Plan Codes for Hilton

Hi Gang:

I see this thread on the rate code LVO:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...rate+plan+code

But I do not see any other threads on the usual rate codes for stays at Hilton and other HHONORS properties.

Below are some that I have recently encountered -- does anyone know what they stand for?

LVO = Rack Rate?

L-48 = ??

L-H0 = ??

C-VUP = ??

Thanks in advance and feel free to add other rate codes that you have encountered.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 3:24 pm
Community Director Emerita

In my experience, corporate and travel agency codes for Hilton are several digits long.

I have used certs from the Hilton Diamond Club (which is a paid Asian membership program). These codes are more like what you have listed, but cannot be booked online.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 7:46 pm

Programs: Delta PE, SPG PE
Here's another. Hopefully this will start a trend.

402371223 Akzo Nobel Code
Old Aug 23, 2006, 1:30 pm

Programs: A3 G (*G), KL/AF G, AY S, HH G, MR G, AX P
Originally Posted by CubaLibre
Here´s one the often works:

xxxxxxxxx Siemens Corp rate
Some properties (where Siemens has more traffic) have pretty nice prices. E.g. Vienna, normal cheapest room 170€ and flexible with breakfast 240€ standard room or 300€ executive. Siemens rate is fully flexible with breakfast 100€, upgraded to executive with Gold.

I wonder if what reports Hilton sends to the corp rate "owners"? At least they never ask any corp ID.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by MisterNice
Often when checking into a HGI, HI or HS I could overhear the front desk staff talking on the telephone with an obvious haggler (these hotel FD people do a lotta jobs). The haggler never seemed to get anywhere as I overheard the hotels side of the conversation.

MisterNice
I've listened in on few of these conversations also and though I echo the observation that the haggler never seems to get anywhere, I've learned a few useful things about haggling in the process! The creativity is amazing sometimes.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 2:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Marriott's corp codes are usually 3 letter codes (hence easily guessable). Hilton's are usually numeric (think Starwood codes are numeric as well) & same corp code will have dif numbers depending on 'brand' - ie it's xxx number for full service Hilton, but yyy # for HGI,DT,ES. Also, sometimes the # for int'l Hilton is zzz.

All that, btw, is if you're booking online. If you're doing it via phone, you'd just ask what the (fill in the corp or promo) rate is.

Most corps/hotels (not specific to Hilton only) negotiate room rates based on volume per year. Some do it only w/ hotels near their offices; others across the chain if they're a large corp. If the corp hits the volume (or doesn't), it helps them (or not) negotiate for rates for the following year. Also the hotel (chain) gets x amount of revenue if corp folk do stay at their properties due to the rates, hence them doing the negotiation in the first place.

When I worked for F50 & F500 firms, they had corp rates with all the main hotel chains. I was never asked for id, although I could have produced it. Now that I'm an independent consultant, sometimes I'm told by the corp to use their corp rate (if they have one) since it lessens the expense report they'll have to pay. In this case I don't have the corp id, but have been given permission to use it (and presumably if challenged could get them to call).

On the Marriott forum, along w/ the codes, is the discussion of ethics & should/shouldn't you use ones you're entitled to. Obviously any hotel chain (and some FTers) will tell you no, never, you'll go to h*ll in a handbasket. Others are like who cares, it's there, you're helping the corp hit its #s. Others just buy popcorn & watch the FT debate

One caveat about using the code is if asked to produce id (which is rare), be prepared to pay rack rate if you can't produce it or are not a quick thinker as to why you wouldn't have it. The one that everyone seems to agree is asked is the gov't id. So unless you're a gov't employee (whether city, state, fed, etc) that one could be more problematic.

Also, when checking (if doing it via phone or view all rates), sometimes the publicly available rates are actually better than the corp rates, especially on the weekends. I normally ask what's the least-available rate, does the property have any specials (local) going. I got a great holiday rate one time in DC in Dec when I asked about least-expensive rate/any local promos; the rate for the convention I was attending was much higher. My client was thrilled I saved them $$ & I was thrilled I got hotel points/got to stay in a nicer hotel.

Re: what report Hilton sends, can't address a specific report but if you're using a corp code, my guess is their reservation system tracks that & so both sides know # volume of rooms used w/ that rate; let the negotiations begin for the next year.

Cheers.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 2:23 pm

I have a significantly discounted corporate rate with a Hilton where we do significant business (70-100 rooms/week at a single property) and they send us a fortnightly list of people who used the rate in the period. I point out any people that were not eligible and the hotel then goes ahead and charges the credit card on file with the full rack rate. Of course, this discount is very significant compared to the rack rate and still usually at least 50-60% lower than the lowest promo rate - so they are understandably keen to restrict its use to only eligibles. They even go so far as to specify the eligibles in the contract (employees on company business, employees on personal travel and contractors on company business only).
Old Aug 23, 2006, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by B747-437B
I point out any people that were not eligible and the hotel then goes ahead and charges the credit card on file with the full rack rate.
I find that hard to believe. That kind of "after the fact" charging of somebody's CC is probably even more illegal than using an unauthorized HH code in the first place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.