Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2006, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
Using the 323009803 Siemens Corp rate code at the BKK Hilton (not Conrad) returns an excellent rate. However the rate is shown as "Siemens NON"

Does anyone know what "non" stands for? Is it a non point/stay earing rate?
Old Sep 20, 2006, 1:50 pm
Community Director Emerita

I believe that NON means it is non-commissionable.

I have received points and stay credits when using a corporate code.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I believe that NON means it is non-commissionable.

I have received points and stay credits when using a corporate code.
Thanks...I could not come up with anything to connect to the "non". That seems to make sense.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 11:01 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
I find that hard to believe. That kind of "after the fact" charging of somebody's CC is probably even more illegal than using an unauthorized HH code in the first place.
Indeed. In fact, I would imagine that the little slip of paper you sign on checkin agreeing to the rate printed thereupon can be construed as a binding agreement. Maybe not in court, but certainly for the purpose of disputing your credit card charge. And I've never seen different language on those slips when I've used my clients' corporate rates.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA - Exec Plat, Marriott Platinum Premiere; Lifetime Platinum;
ibm code 0901452 - doesn't always work - depends on property and availability
Old Oct 2, 2006, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fredlisancnc
ibm code 0901452 - doesn't always work - depends on property and availability
Some of the Hilton corporate codes seem to be primarily domestic whereas others appear to be valid only for international properties. The code that you listed returns some very good rates at some domestic Hiltons. I have another IBM code, 001368083, that sometimes returns decent rates at international properties. As an additional complication, codes that work at Hilton and HGI typically do not work at any of the former Promus properties (Embassy Suites and Homewood Suites and Hampton Inn) and the Promus codes do not work at Hilton properties.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by LarryU
Some of the Hilton corporate codes seem to be primarily domestic whereas others appear to be valid only for international properties. The code that you listed returns some very good rates at some domestic Hiltons. I have another IBM code, 001368083, that sometimes returns decent rates at international properties. As an additional complication, codes that work at Hilton and HGI typically do not work at any of the former Promus properties (Embassy Suites and Homewood Suites and Hampton Inn) and the Promus codes do not work at Hilton properties.

The IBM code halfs the price from $299 to $146 in Chicago Palmer House

What would be the implications of using this code to book at that rate and turning up at the hotel.......

Would there be any comeback?
Old Oct 3, 2006, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Boddingtons
The IBM code halfs the price from $299 to $146 in Chicago Palmer House

What would be the implications of using this code to book at that rate and turning up at the hotel.......

Would there be any comeback?
The main implications would be an extra $153 in your pocket (before tax).

If you are nervous about it, the cancellation policy at this hotel is typically 6:00 PM arrival day. So if you arrive before then and are confronted with a higher rate, you can just cancel and walk away. This should be quite easy to do if you make a reservation at an alternative property as well. Personally, I would just do it and not discuss it with anyone.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 11:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
I find that hard to believe. That kind of "after the fact" charging of somebody's CC is probably even more illegal than using an unauthorized HH code in the first place.
Certain merchants such as hotel compamies can legally submit follow-up charges for up to 30 days after the initial transaction.

Last edited by clarkef; Oct 4, 2006 at 12:01 am
Old Oct 5, 2006, 2:46 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Anyone ever ran across a code that give discounts in international conrad proeprties....
Old Oct 5, 2006, 4:52 am

The IBM code gives a special "IBM rate" at the Toronto Hilton.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 9:45 am

The IBM code makes a big difference! Like 40% at the Rome Airport Hilton. This is so tempting, but I'll pay the going rate and be comforted in the extra Hilton points I earn. Waaaah. I wish Hilton had code deals like Marriott.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 10:37 am

There will soon be (Dec 20 2006) a HGI at Rome Airport

Originally Posted by IncredibleDeals
The IBM code makes a big difference! Like 40% at the Rome Airport Hilton. This is so tempting, but I'll pay the going rate and be comforted in the extra Hilton points I earn. Waaaah. I wish Hilton had code deals like Marriott.
Did you have a look at the rates available at the new HGI at the Rome Airport? A fully flexible rate is EUR 119 and and advance purchase rate can be had for EUR 101.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 12:41 pm

When did you see the Hilton Garden Inn at Rome Airport? I saw it several weeks ago, but at the time I did not reserve a room. The rate was US 156, I think. The site posted they would be accepting reservations for stays after December 20. But the HGI Rome airport site is GONE!!! I called the HGI 800 number and to their knowledge there is NO HGI planned for the airport. Anyone have a clue to this mystery?
Old Nov 28, 2006, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by IncredibleDeals
When did you see the Hilton Garden Inn at Rome Airport? I saw it several weeks ago, but at the time I did not reserve a room. The rate was US 156, I think. The site posted they would be accepting reservations for stays after December 20. But the HGI Rome airport site is GONE!!! I called the HGI 800 number and to their knowledge there is NO HGI planned for the airport. Anyone have a clue to this mystery?
It's back.

Rates are better now. I looke at it a few weeks back. Lowest rate was EUR 199 while the FCO Hilton was at least EUR30 lower.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.