Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Discount Codes for Hilton?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2006, 1:14 pm

AARP membership often gets great discounts

My dad is a member of AARP and gets great discounts with some chains. The great thing about AARP membership is that anyone age 50 can join for $12.50. membership included your spouse/partner.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The AAA and AARP rates, if offered, typically are 10% off the standard rate in the USA and typically 5% overseas. I have seen them as high as 20% less and sometimes they are 5% less. I dont remember odd percentages as 3%, or 6% etc off. The last time I was at the London Conrad the AAA rate was exactly 5% less than the standard rate and the lowest available rate. They did request to view my AAA card.

MisterNice
Old Aug 28, 2006, 6:05 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Originally Posted by CubaLibre
I don´t understand why we should publish Avis codes and not Hilton´s?!?!

Here´s one the often works:

323009803 Siemens Corp rate
Just saw that the savings using this code at the Hilton SIN on a weekday is a whooping 160 SGD/night (for a deluxe room or executive room). Has anyone really tried to book using this code....it seems to be very cheap sometimes.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 8:13 pm

Programs: all the big ones.. no LCCs for me
The AARP discount is one that I will gladly wait and wait and wait for
Old Aug 29, 2006, 8:57 am

Be careful using others Corporate Rates

Originally Posted by X-ON
Just saw that the savings using this code at the Hilton SIN on a weekday is a whooping 160 SGD/night (for a deluxe room or executive room). Has anyone really tried to book using this code....it seems to be very cheap sometimes.
My corporate rate at Singapore is very similar to Siemens and the rates are:

250.00 SGD TWIN HILTON EXECUTIVE ROOM
190.00 SGD TWIN HILTON DELUXE ROOM
250.00 SGD KING HILTON EXECUTIVE ROOM
190.00 SGD KING HILTON DELUXE ROOM

This rate also includes breakfast.

When using thia rate, I am ALWAYS asked to show either my corporate ID of a business card, In fact, the written confirmation states that I will be asked to do so.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:11 am

Programs: UA GS 3Million, Marriott/SPG LIFETIME Platinum - current Titanium, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Bondiboy
When using thia rate, I am ALWAYS asked to show either my corporate ID of a business card, In fact, the written confirmation states that I will be asked to do so.
Got a color printer? Some card stock? With some 10,000 locations - doubt the front desk person knows all the Siemens businesses.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:34 am

Patricalruk

My husband goes to Hong Kong 2x's a year and stays at the Marriott, New World Rennaniance, July and Jan. and New York City 3x's with Hilton Hotels, Feb, Oct, Dec. Marriott is not part of the conventions we attend in NYC and they never offer a decent rate at these times. Can anyone help me with codes to get a more reasonable rate?? And if so has anyone used them??
Old Aug 29, 2006, 12:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
LOL re: the color printer. I would hazard a guess that if it says show id on the confirmation form, you 'might' be asked to show id. Not a definite. Int'l might be more picky about it than domestic. I've stayed at hotels (w/ legit access to corp codes) & never been asked for id. However, if it says id required at check-in then you are taking a chance if you don't have any. If it doesn't say id required, I'd be stunned if you ever got asked for it. Cheers.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 3:28 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
The rate rules obtained when using the Simens Corporate Account Number at hilton.com does not state any requierment of id, however maybe that is meant to be obvious, that you have to show an id in order to use that particular rate.....
Old Aug 29, 2006, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Well, as eg Siemens can book for guests, too, and such guests don't have any Siemens ID I would not expect to be asked. I frequently use corporate rates of my Clients when visiting them, sometimes even by stating that I want to have that and that rate. I was never ever asked for any ID even if I am responsible for the bill.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 5:37 pm

Why do I get the feeling Siemmens is gonna have a lot more negotiating power next year when they negotiate their corporate rates than they did this year.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K;
.....however I have not been able to see any discount when entering the Siemmens code on any of the Hilton properties I have tried. They were domestic, so maybe that is the difference.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 1:16 am

Well one clue is that every corp does negotiating for what works for them.

Some might be domestic only, some international only, some both domestic & international & some even w/in d&i, still particular to individual properties.

Some of the codes on the various forums (not just Hilton) fall into all of the above. The trick (so to speak) if you have time and/or are entitled to and/or care if you're not, is to plug in dif codes & figure out rates for either chains or individual properties. Too much hassle for me, but it might explain the dif codes/rates for dif properties.

Cheers.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 1:26 am

And btw - for all those corp folk (or FTers) who say - oh my Gawd you're going to screw us over. Corp negotiated rate isn't always that great. It truly varies.

I have a trip next month w/ a corp, but it was to a hi-ticket city. So curious - asked agents and checked online re: various corp codes (after I already booked legit). But I'm open to change

I had to laugh that the room rate w/o corp code was $499 but WITH corp code was $639. Only 1 was cheaper & d*mn, it was really cheap (for that city anyway) but not available the time I was there. Drat!

Also curious - checked some other cities & dates on places I wasn't even going to - some corp rates were great, some sucked. So it evens out.

BTW - if you have an option btwn great & suck obviously go w/ great.. And does anyone have a publicly available rate to post? Do we know if those are numeric too?

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Aug 30, 2006 at 3:59 pm
Old Aug 30, 2006, 1:38 am

PS - When I say PAR I mean Publicly Available Rate - ie, anyone could get it. Again, Marriott can't be the only chain that offers it. So if anyone has a PAR, please post. If it's a PAR you're not violating any rules.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.