Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
This thread is for archived general discussion of Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom through 2012. For information and discussion on individual hotels, please refer to LINKS for Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom

To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:
1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2011, 8:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Delta PM, SPG Gold
I love the Paddington, but frankly the location isn't the best. My last trip was to the Trafalgar, which was awesome. Provided breakfast certs, both days the buffet was down but they said order anything off the menu, nice atmosphere, the room was stunning and right on the Trafalgar square. Even best, the front desk lady let me borrow a power plug adapter without any fuss. The Pret_A_Manger is right next door (yummy, cheap food) and a quick walk past it yields a fairly large put with 2.80 pound cask ales.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 3:32 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards
Twixmas in London, some excellent points and money reward rates

Just checked the web and between Christmas and New Year there are some excellent points and money rates even for hotels like the Park Lane which rarely offer points and money reward eg £52 + 25000 points. Factor in the current 30% points rebate on points and money rewards and this becomes £52 + 17500 points which is pretty good value IMHO
Old Dec 11, 2011, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Normally it's quite cheap for a PAID stay.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 8:12 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WelshGirl
Just checked the web and between Christmas and New Year there are some excellent points and money rates even for hotels like the Park Lane which rarely offer points and money reward eg £52 + 25000 points. Factor in the current 30% points rebate on points and money rewards and this becomes £52 + 17500 points which is pretty good value IMHO

Where and how can I use the 30% points rebate on points and money rewards ?
Didn´t find anything about this.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 9:37 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by mcCube
Where and how can I use the 30% points rebate on points and money rewards ?
Didn´t find anything about this.
Here is the sign up page:

https://hiltonhhonors.com/RewardsPro...ackPoints.aspx

It's good for C+P bookings and points redemption on premium rooms. It is not good for standard award booking.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 8:49 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Terrific. Didn´t know this promotion. Saved me just 30k points. Thx
Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:12 pm
obs

Programs: BA executive club,priority club Plat Ambassador, Hilton hhonours Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Yes great... signed up as well. Thanks Obs
Old Dec 13, 2011, 2:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG DIamond
Originally Posted by WelshGirl
Not sure I'd agree the Park Lane money and points rate is rare exactly, its been fairly easy to get hold of last few months... I've used it a few times, no doubt however that it's a bargain even before the points back offer.

The time I stayed, cheapest rate was £250; so I worked out at 25,000 plus £62 (incl tax) that values the 25,000 at £188 - i.e 0.75p / point.

Of course as you point out with the 30% back offer it becomes very good value... 1.07p/ point - that's more than double your standard 50k points a night standard room reward.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 4:51 am
Suspended

Hi ab007, that's a great offer from the Park Lane!
Btw with the point and cash offer, do you get stay credit?
Thanks
Old Dec 13, 2011, 7:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG DIamond
Originally Posted by Freddy2010
Hi ab007, that's a great offer from the Park Lane!
Btw with the point and cash offer, do you get stay credit?
Thanks
You get stay/night credit but no points - or at least that's what I've had.

Use my HHonors Visa on the cash part of course so I get some points.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 11:16 am
Suspended

That's still great! Have you got a nice upgrade there? Last time I have not!

Happy travel, ab007!
Old Dec 18, 2011, 7:00 pm

Wink London Hotel Help Please

Hello, was staying in London for three nights arriving on Eurostar from Paris and leaving from LHR. Since I am a Diamond member wanted to use points and investigated hotels heavily. Had pretty much decided on Waldorf because of location and Executuve floor but have had other thoughts. Since I will be coming in near Paddington and leaving from there for a morning flight (looks like Express train to LHR will be best bet but am open to suggestions) I was wondering if it would make sense to stay at Paddington for convenience. Being thoroughly unfamiliar with London I don't believe there is much you can walk to even from Waldorf. We are just looking to do general sightseeing.
Any advice and comments on this property would be appreciated.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shoelessj
Hello, was staying in London for three nights arriving on Eurostar from Paris and leaving from LHR. Since I am a Diamond member wanted to use points and investigated hotels heavily. Had pretty much decided on Waldorf because of location and Executuve floor but have had other thoughts. Since I will be coming in near Paddington and leaving from there for a morning flight (looks like Express train to LHR will be best bet but am open to suggestions) I was wondering if it would make sense to stay at Paddington for convenience. Being thoroughly unfamiliar with London I don't believe there is much you can walk to even from Waldorf. We are just looking to do general sightseeing.
Any advice and comments on this property would be appreciated.
I have stayed at the Hilton Metropole. It is a couple blocks from Paddington Station. Easy walk or very short cab ride. Tube stations nearby and can walk to Hyde Park and other places nearby easily. Longer walk, some may say very long but I found easily doable, to Buckingham Palace, etc.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Hi Shoeless,

I spend about two months per year in London on business. I don't stay at the Waldorf because my office is at Canary Wharf but I've heard good things about it.

I went to Brussels on the Eurostar just last weekend. The Eurostar will arrive at St. Pancras station which is closer to the Waldorf than the Paddington station.

The Waldorf is very near the Temple underground (tube) station. You're in luck. Temple is on the Circle line which goes to both St. Pancras and to Paddington.

Getting to LHR from the hotel is a relatively simple matter. You have two good options.

Option 1 - The Heathrow Express.

You take the Heathrow Express from Paddington, it runs every 15 minutes or so. No need to make reservations or purchase tickets in advance. You can buy them at the station or from the ticket checker onboard. However, buying onboard will cost you an extra five pounds per person (23 vs 18 pounds). The express takes about 20 minutes.

Option 2 - Piccadilly Line.

The Covent Garden tube station is also very near the Waldorf. From there you can take the Piccadilly Line all the way to Heathrow. The piccadilly trip takes about 45 minutes. Cost with an Oyster card is in the 4 pound range. For two people that's a savings of about $40 dollars. Not bad for just an extra few minutes. And since you're not having to go to Paddington, you'll probably not loose any time at all.

An added benefit to the Piccadilly Line is that it has trains that go to all of the terminals. The Heathrow Express does not service Terminal 4 directly. Not sure what terminal you're taking but consider this. There is a connector that will take you to terminal 4 but that's yet more time wasted.

I mentioned an Oyster card earlier. When you get to town, purchase one for each of you at the St. Pancras/Kings Cross underground ticketing window. They are very convenient and give you cheaper fares than buying paper tickets.

Have fun!
Old Dec 18, 2011, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold-1MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold
Hi,

I am in London every other month on Business, last trip was my first stay at the Waldorf. I was at actually fairly disappointed. The service was not good. I needed a twin room (as my Mom was traveling with me), they must not have many in the hotel because even arriving early, emailing prior to stay, a diamond member, they could not get us into any room until 5:00pm.

Service is very inefficient. Location is great if you want to go to the West end to see theater. Lounge is nice, but can be very over crowded and unusable at times. Often both computers were broken, wireless was very inconsistent.

I would suggest the Paddington, or the Metropole or the Park Lane before the Waldorf (unless theater is your reason for being in London).

Hope that is helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.