Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
This thread is for archived general discussion of Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom through 2012. For information and discussion on individual hotels, please refer to LINKS for Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom

To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:
1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2013, 5:41 am

Stansted

Stayed at Stansted on a freezing night in December. Hotel is a good bit away from the airport and I do wonder about charging for the bus even though it is only Ł2.50 each way. The charge is made worse by the fact that people using it to access the adjacent car park only pay Ł1!

Hotel is quite tired and about to be done up. Rooms are fine. As HHonors Diamond I was told there would be wine in my room. I asked about upgrade and the receptionist said she could do that to a deluxe room. She then also gave me a voucher "to have a drink on them". She never mentioned that breakfast was included but I was on the list in the morning.

Overall good value. I paid an advance rate of Ł59 and Ł19 for a really good half tandoori chicken and roasted vegetables and a pint of Murphy's. Did the job well!
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:51 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by turntheheatdown
Stayed at Stansted on a freezing night in December. Hotel is a good bit away from the airport and I do wonder about charging for the bus even though it is only Ł2.50 each way. The charge is made worse by the fact that people using it to access the adjacent car park only pay Ł1!

Hotel is quite tired and about to be done up. Rooms are fine. As HHonors Diamond I was told there would be wine in my room. I asked about upgrade and the receptionist said she could do that to a deluxe room. She then also gave me a voucher "to have a drink on them". She never mentioned that breakfast was included but I was on the list in the morning.

Overall good value. I paid an advance rate of Ł59 and Ł19 for a really good half tandoori chicken and roasted vegetables and a pint of Murphy's. Did the job well!

Ha, i stayed here last friday.....booked deluxe room ( was same price as king room on points and cash).....asked about uprade on arrival...." yes yes she said, all your gold benefits will be in your room....ok....went to room and it was a just a deluxe with 1 tiny bottle of wine in......a very average hilton and im never upgraded here.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:53 am

Hilton canary wharf is my choice!
Old Dec 16, 2013, 3:40 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
In particular, the DoubleTree Hyde Park would be a great choice in terms of value for money/location ratio, though I've not had the chance to stay there myself (as my London trips tend to be in particular areas for work or family).
Old Dec 17, 2013, 6:31 am

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold, HH Dia, Hertz #1 5*
Originally Posted by wizla
+1

You are not in central London but only 15 minutes from Westminster by 5 minute walk to the Canary Wharf Jubilee Line station and a 10 minute or so tube ride. And the South Quay DLR station is a 30 second walk from the Hilton's front door. Always an upgrade for me as a Diamond and a much better than average, IMHO, Executive Lounge.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by JerseySlime
+1

You are not in central London but only 15 minutes from Westminster by 5 minute walk to the Canary Wharf Jubilee Line station and a 10 minute or so tube ride. And the South Quay DLR station is a 30 second walk from the Hilton's front door. Always an upgrade for me as a Diamond and a much better than average, IMHO, Executive Lounge.
yep very true......there maybe Hiltons with slightly better facilites, ie- sauna or a pool, but as a general rule this Hilton is modern spotless and i always get upgraded too....i love the area, it has a great vibe yet isnt noisy....i always sleep very well here every time.^^^
Old Dec 19, 2013, 10:14 pm

Programs: DL-PM, HH-Gold, *wood-Gold, Avis First, National Executive Elite
I've stayed at the DoubleTree Victoria a few times now and have enjoyed it. Modern rooms and good breakfast in the morning. Also, very convenient to Victoria station and Westminster.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 10:34 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
The Metropolitan is convenient for LHR and well connected to the more touristic spots in town.
I have been upgraded to a full suite on the top floor as a gold.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 6:14 am

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold, HH Dia, Hertz #1 5*
Originally Posted by thesaints
The Metropolitan is convenient for LHR and well connected to the more touristic spots in town.
I have been upgraded to a full suite on the top floor as a gold.
I'm assuming you mean the Hilton Metropole. I used to stay there. Convenient to Circle, District, and Bakerloo lines and a 10 minute walk to Paddington for the LHR trains. But I prefer the Wharf for a larger, less crowded EL and better upgrades. The executive rooms in the Metropole aren't terribly roomy and upgrades to the west wing are spotty.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
For my 2 cents worth, I've just had a couple nights in the Hilton Kensington, and it was very good.

Room was fine, but staff were outstanding throughout, nice Exec Lounge, and right across the road from Shepherds Bush railway & subway station, alongside London's biggest shopping mall (if you like that kind of thing !).
Old Dec 20, 2013, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Rickers
For my 2 cents worth, I've just had a couple nights in the Hilton Kensington, and it was very good.

Room was fine, but staff were outstanding throughout, nice Exec Lounge, and right across the road from Shepherds Bush railway & subway station, alongside London's biggest shopping mall (if you like that kind of thing !).

I've been there many years ago but I recall rooms were really small...but at that time I was not a Diamond...
By the way, in the meantime, I want to thank all the FT members that took time to share their opinion.
^
Old Dec 20, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JerseySlime
I'm assuming you mean the Hilton Metropole.
Yes. How are the Knickerbockers doing these days ?
Old Jan 4, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hhonors Gold, Accor Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by wizla
agree with this. By far my favourite Hilton in London (been to Hilton Kensington, Hyde Park, Islington, Olympia, Wembley and Docklands). Great service, lovely view, safe region, good transport possibilities, fantastic Lounge.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I like the Trafalgar and the Waldorf but both are pricey and require a lot of points now due to the deval last year.

Trafalgar's location is great. No lounge, but they use to provide a great breakfast to diamonds but that is no longer the case.

I like the location of the Waldorf as well, especially being so close to the Picadally line for LHR access and a lot of theaters. The lounge breakfast is only so/so but I like the free alcohol and hot appetizers from 6 to 8.

The Waldorf wasn't able to upgrade me my first three nights (they offered to the other two nights but wasn't up for moving rooms for two nights) but gave me free room service since they couldn't upgrade me^^^^ My flight was severely delayed and I didn't get to the hotel until after 11 p.m. and had to be up at 4:45 the next morning so I really appreciated the free room service
Old Jan 5, 2014, 3:53 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Had a great stay at the Hilton Park Lane, but VERY expensive. So much better than the InterContinental next door.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.