Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
This thread is for archived general discussion of Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom through 2012. For information and discussion on individual hotels, please refer to LINKS for Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom

To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:
1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: AA PLT; DL GLD; Hertz #1; Hilton Diamond
I've usually stayed in the Hiton Tower Bridge, but I find the rooms to be cramped. I ended up picking Hyde Park. It looks lovely.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by DENROC
choices extremely limited U may wish to branch out
If 21 hotels (from memory) within a 10-mile radius is "extremely limited", what would you consider sufficient? A street where no. 1 is a W=A, no. 2 a Conrad, no. 3 a Hilton and so on to the Home2 Suites at no. 9?

To the OP, this question comes up about once a month and I have to echo JDiver's suggestion to spend a little time with the search feature if your question is a general one to the effect of "which HHonors property do you like in London?" I expect you would get a better reception (not to mention a better answer) if you mentioned where in London you will be doing business, whether you want an executive lounge/gym/pool/etc., whether you'll be spending some leisure time e.g. at the theatre, a rough indication of your budget, and whether or not your stay takes place in the last week of July or the first two weeks in August. I have about five HHonors properties I would recommend in London but each of them for entirely different sets of circumstances.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 3:35 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
London choices are limited even if there are 21 facilities; locations and accoutrements are sorely lacking
Old Jan 1, 2012, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Care to elaborate? Have you actually stayed at most of them or are you generalizing from a few stays? Or is it a reference to the fact that few hotels in Europe offer many rooms with >2 occupancy?
Old Jan 1, 2012, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA Exp/1M, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Pre Plat
i like The Trafalger. Central location, close to everything you will want to see in 24 hrs. close to multiple tube stations and not too expensive cab ride. great roof top deck with decent cocktails. right around the corner is the Haymarket, better cocktails....
Old Jan 2, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: AA PLT; DL GLD; Hertz #1; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stifle
Care to elaborate? Have you actually stayed at most of them or are you generalizing from a few stays? Or is it a reference to the fact that few hotels in Europe offer many rooms with >2 occupancy?
To whom are you directing that question?
Old Jan 2, 2012, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The post immediately above mine.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Platinum & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nidem
I'm going to London for business, what are the top three Hilton properties there?
It really depends what part of city your business takes you? Waldorf Astoria Syon Park is a new property, but quite far away from city center. Hilton on Park Lane is a best choice, if your business takes place in that area. Hilton at Canary Wharf is also great choice. But don't expect too much. It's London after all. If you want luxury, you need to look elsewhere.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I can say that Syon Park is 99% likely not to be useful for business travellers to London
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:33 pm

Programs: VS AU, AS 75K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
The Metropole is a very nice hotel. I consider it better than Paddington but not as convenient. I stay at the Metropole when Paddington is too expensive and I need to be out early or am arriving late. It is convenient, friendly and more than acceptable.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:50 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
Originally Posted by gemac
You will not get point or stay credit, but you should receive your normal Diamond benefits.
That is not entirely true, QFN stays have posted as stays on my account for the past 3 years now.

UTA
Old Jan 4, 2012, 2:23 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
The hotels that OP has narrowed it down to seems pretty reasonable. I stay in London for work most weeks, so I've done a bit of a tour now of most of the decent Hilton properties.

Having stayed at both The Waldorf and The Trafalgar recently, I would recommend The Trafalgar of the two. No lounge there, but you will get full breakfast and depending upon the day of the week you are there, they also do a weekly drinks evening that you would be invited to as a Diamond.

Upgrades wise, The Waldorf had upgrades available on both occasions I have been there on quieter nights, but on neither occasion was I upgraded. It is the only hotel in London that I have had experienced that as a Diamond.

At The Trafalgar the usual upgrade is to the next category up, which features a raised seating area by the window. They will usually try to give Diamonds the larger versions of these rooms with the (partial) view of Trafalgar Square. I have also been upgraded to a suite on a recent stay and those are excellent, but certainly not to be expected.

Canary Wharf will upgrade to suites at weekends if available, but the chances are pretty low in the week when it is busy as the regulars will get those as upgrades if the suites are not sold. The advantage here is a decent lounge, but the hotel staff (not the lounge staff who are very nice) are generally a bit cold and distant from past experiences.

All things being equal, I'd recommend the The Trafalgar as the standards are good, service friendly and location excellent. They do look after Diamonds and make an effort during a stay.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 7:45 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Jumping in to ask a Trafalgar specific question...

Anyone know if they waive the cover charge for the Vista rooftop bar for HH members (Gold specifically...)?

Thx

[and just realised that I should probably have posted this in the Trafalgar review thread, but in my defence I will be using a BMG cert ]

Thanks WelshGirl, I'm expecting the prices to be high but hey, the room's free!

Last edited by Stewie Mac; Jan 17, 2012 at 7:51 am Reason: trying to keep my 2.000th post for my 10 year anniversary!
Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Jumping in to ask a Trafalgar specific question...

Anyone know if they waive the cover charge for the Vista rooftop bar for HH members (Gold specifically...)?

Thx

[and just realised that I should probably have posted this in the Trafalgar review thread, but in my defence I will be using a BMG cert ]
I used a free night cert in December, had upgraded room and fruit and water and a fab breakfast. Cover charge for rooftop bar was waived for residents. Lovely ambience up there but drinks prices matched the altitude!
Old Jan 16, 2012, 1:59 pm

Programs: ACMM, AC E50K, HH Gold, National EE
I have only stayed at the Traflagar but was quite pleased after a 2-night points visit last August. As HH Gold we received comp breakfast, u/g room, comp water and a small bottle of wine in the room. The staff were very pleasant and helpful with recommendations for pubs in the area, guidance on buses and so on. The main-floor restaurant was under construction during our stay - a very minor inconvenience (I do mean minor - we hardly noticed). Location was tremendous for 1st-time London visitors. With out the ability to compare to the other options, I would certainly recommend the Traflagar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.