Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
This thread is for archived general discussion of Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom through 2012. For information and discussion on individual hotels, please refer to LINKS for Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom

To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:
1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
A little off the beaten track, but the Hilton Islington (Angel Tube) is in a nice neighborhood with lots of good pubs and restaurants.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 7:34 pm

Programs: *Gold / HHonors Gold
The most long winded post I have read here on FT. If you want folks to read this please summarize it. There were repetitions throughout and I gave up 3/4 way through.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by buaya00
The most long winded post I have read here on FT. If you want folks to read this please summarize it. There were repetitions throughout and I gave up 3/4 way through.
You made it further than I did.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:43 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
several comments

1) if you don't like the post don't read it. But don't read it and be rude. (not saying anyone was; just a friendly warning)
2) if you have any advice for the OP on how to edit his post/complaint please go ahead

3) to the OP - this is a really long post compared to most . Did you want some help in knowing what to do next or ??

thanks all

squeakr

co Mod HH
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA EP; Bonvoy Platinum: Hilton Gold
tl;dr
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Originally Posted by buaya00
+1
Old Feb 10, 2012, 8:48 pm

Programs: Several
I did read it and found several errors by the OP in regards to how they handled the situation.

If an event such as this is that important, I would not make a reservation with a card that expires before the stay date regardless of the situation.

"By leaving it until 13th September to contact me the hotel GM had effectively removed the possibility of me finding my own accommodation in a central location by having led me to believe that he would be able to re-book my accommodation at the Courthouse Doubletree."

Actually, you could have booked a refundable rate at another hotel without any involvement with Hilton whatsoever, but you chose not to. You could have, so do not blame Hilton for that. Knowing the situation, I would have booked another location (Hilton or not) in case this matter wasn't resolved as everything else with your trip was already booked.

That being said, I think Hilton needs to find the OP some rooms at any of their London properties.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
Thanks everyone, I think we're going to splurge and go with the Waldorf, never stayed at one, so heck why not!
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:46 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Hilton Diamond, AF/KL & BA basic memberships, Tufty Club Exec Plutonium
Originally Posted by samonyc
The Doubletree Courthouse might fit the bill. It's very close to food, nightlife, shopping, and transport.
It is and I'm there at the moment and I love it for its location, but the room rates tend to be a bit ouch.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 3:52 am

Programs: BA, Airmiles, BMI, HH (Gold), Hyatt (Plat), IHG (Plat Amb), Marriott (Silver), A Club
Noted.

Originally Posted by UVU Wolverine
I did read it and found several errors by the OP in regards to how they handled the situation.

If an event such as this is that important, I would not make a reservation with a card that expires before the stay date regardless of the situation. At the time it was the only card I had and the booking was updated along with another well before the arrival date

"By leaving it until 13th September to contact me the hotel GM had effectively removed the possibility of me finding my own accommodation in a central location by having led me to believe that he would be able to re-book my accommodation at the Courthouse Doubletree."

Actually, you could have booked a refundable rate at another hotel without any involvement with Hilton whatsoever, but you chose not to. You could have, so do not blame Hilton for that. Knowing the situation, I would have booked another location (Hilton or not) in case this matter wasn't resolved as everything else with your trip was already booked.

Agreed and when I did check many other hotels during this period they were all very expensive and requiring full prepayment without cancellation or fully booked

That being said, I think Hilton needs to find the OP some rooms at any of their London properties.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 3:55 am

Programs: BA, Airmiles, BMI, HH (Gold), Hyatt (Plat), IHG (Plat Amb), Marriott (Silver), A Club
Apologies

Apologies to all for the lengthy first post. I thought, perhaps mistakenly, that putting all the details first would obviate the need for further clatification as I have seen so many other OP's being asked to subsequently provide.

If anyone wants to suggest what to omit then I would be happy to edit it down further.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by squeakr
1) if you don't like the post don't read it. But don't read it and be rude. (not saying anyone was; just a friendly warning)
2) if you have any advice for the OP on how to edit his post/complaint please go ahead

3) to the OP - this is a really long post compared to most . Did you want some help in knowing what to do next or ??

thanks all

squeakr

co Mod HH
Thank you.

It is difficult to know what to leave in or to take out but I would welcome any advice.

As to my next move on this I have secured alternative accommodation but clearly at a significant premium and hence this will form part of a claim for Consequential Loss.

The hotel and Hilton are well aware of the issue so the post was really placed to inform other FT members more than anything else.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 4:35 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Monkey & Minkey
Apologies to all for the lengthy first post. I thought, perhaps mistakenly, that putting all the details first would obviate the need for further clatification as I have seen so many other OP's being asked to subsequently provide.

If anyone wants to suggest what to omit then I would be happy to edit it down further.
I don't have any advice but I think I got the general theme of your post:
You made a booking for the Courthouse Doubletree in London a long time ago at a good rate during the Olympics
Doubletree cancelled the booking without good reason
They are supposed to find you alternate accommodation according to Hilton but so far have not come up with anything.
The customer service from both HHonors, Hilton and the Doubletree has been appalling.
I too would be very unhappy.
Good luck!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:58 am

Programs: Onetime bmi * Gold lifetime membership, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by dcsnowwake
Thanks everyone, I think we're going to splurge and go with the Waldorf, never stayed at one, so heck why not!
While a very nice hotel the London Hilton Waldorf is a Hilton, not part of the Waldorf-Astoria brand.

bmifly
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
Thanks, I will not stay there, did not know it wasn't Astoria, back to square one.....where to stay, haha. I might just stay at the Bently, it's near Stamford Bridge where I'm going to the match.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.