Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
This thread is for archived general discussion of Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom through 2012. For information and discussion on individual hotels, please refer to LINKS for Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom

To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:
1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2006, 7:48 am

Programs: HH diamond
Double points in UK

This might be of help to those who aren't already registered for the Q4 double points until end of Feb or those looking for March and April.

There are 2 different advance purachace rates running at present for London Hotels. PR20AP which I booked 2 nights at London Metropole Ł68 per night and HY which comes up at the same prices i.e Ł68 for the metropole, but also includes double base points.

Both require 21 days in advance booking.
Both offers include elsewhere in UK

Last edited by tigger1; Jan 28, 2006 at 8:16 am
Old Jan 28, 2006, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I booked asimilar Hilton London LGW reservation a couple of days ago and confirmation came out HHONORS Q1 BONUS. Details are:

==============================================

Save 20% and Earn Double Points

Full non refundable credit card prepayment required at time of booking, non changeable. Only bookable minimum of 21 days or more prior to arrival. All rates are subject to availability; certain length of stay requirements may apply. For reservations, call the Hilton Reservations and Customer Care Center nearest you and request Plan Code HY. Hilton HHonors membership, earning of Points & Miles®, and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms and Conditions. © 2006 Hilton HHonors Worldwide.
===============================================

MisterNice
Old Jan 28, 2006, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Rather than starting a new thread, thought I'd tag onto this one since a lot of folk have experience at the Metropole.

We have a few FTers staying at the Met for the London Do Weekend. One who was going to stay at Hyatt (think she's Gold or Diamond w/ Hyatt) may switch to Met cuz of the prices (good deals that weekend), but she's not Hilton Gold.

One of the other FTers staying there is Gold. Can he bring her into the lounge w/ him - ie, meet her somewhere lobby or outside lounge & then walk in together for brekkie in the morning?

Pls advise. Thx! Cheers.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 6:03 am

Programs: If I don´t have it, I don´t need it!
Hilton in London?

Hello folks,

I´d like to stay a night at a Hilton in London in April. My flight leaves early, but I don´t want to sleep at the Hilton Heathrow Airport because I´ll meet a friend the night before (and we´ll go out to have some drinks). Which Hilton do you recommend in London?
Old Feb 14, 2006, 6:18 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Silver
Hilton Paddington, get your timings right and you could be at Heathrow checking in half an hour after leaving your bedroom. www.heathrowexpress.com
Old Feb 14, 2006, 8:19 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by Alinlondon
Hilton Paddington, get your timings right and you could be at Heathrow checking in half an hour after leaving your bedroom. www.heathrowexpress.com

Hilton Metropole - ~35 minutes....
Old Feb 14, 2006, 10:10 am

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
As Alinlondon points out, the Hilton Paddington is at the terminus of the Heathrow Express, but if you're heading out to LHR early, say by 7:00 am, you could probably stay in any of a number of Hiltons and easily make it to Paddington Station in 10 or so minutes. My favorites are probably the Park Lane Hilton (great views from the higher floors) and the Green Park Hilton, in the heart of Mayfair and easy walking distance to Piccadilly Circus and the West End. I've found that the Green Park Hilton often has lower rates and HH Rewards availability when the Park Lane does not.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 7:13 pm

How about the Waldorf Hilton? Or a better question would be, which Hilton is closest to the most attractions and the most economical usage of my points.
Old Feb 15, 2006, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Green Park

Great Mayfair location!
Old Feb 16, 2006, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
I think there are about 200 or 300 existing threads on Hiltons in London. Seek and ye shall find!

Edit: I wasn't exaggerating. I did a "titles-only" search on the keyword "London" in this forum and the number of results was 289!
Old Feb 19, 2006, 9:12 pm

Programs: United Global Services,Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite
might be a lot of threads, but it's hard to beat the paddington for convienance to the airport. Personally it's one of my favorite's just for that reason.

Scott
Old Mar 14, 2006, 6:25 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors Gold, SPG Gold & Avis First
Question

Just wanted to revive this thread. I'll be there later this week for a 4 day/3 night award stay for 105K points. Any recent reviews? I'm Gold, so we shall see how the treatment goes. The other option was London Hilton on Park Lane for 120K points or either the Hilton London Kensington or the Hilton London Olympia for 75K points.

Based on location and reviews, I chose the Hilton London Metropole. The cheapest rate I could find for the 3 nights was $967USD (Hotels.com was $1,094.58), so I'm guessing I'm getting my points worth.

Anyway- I just wanted to see if any FTers had visited recently- esp on an award stay. Thanks in advance!

Russ
Old Mar 15, 2006, 12:35 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by Russ21Atl
Just wanted to revive this thread. I'll be there later this week for a 4 day/3 night award stay for 105K points. Any recent reviews? I'm Gold, so we shall see how the treatment goes. The other option was London Hilton on Park Lane for 120K points or either the Hilton London Kensington or the Hilton London Olympia for 75K points.

Based on location and reviews, I chose the Hilton London Metropole. The cheapest rate I could find for the 3 nights was $967USD (Hotels.com was $1,094.58), so I'm guessing I'm getting my points worth.

Anyway- I just wanted to see if any FTers had visited recently- esp on an award stay. Thanks in advance!

Russ
I did a mini review on the London forum (along with the LHR Ren):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...7445&p=5346068
In short: everything was as described on this forum before. Well run property, great service. Great treatment as gold. Was on a paid stay, though, so can't comment on award stays. Stayed last month.
Old Mar 15, 2006, 5:02 am

Programs: A3*G, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by Russ21Atl
Just wanted to revive this thread. I'll be there later this week for a 4 day/3 night award stay for 105K points.

Russ
Russ -- I'm at the Metropole now in fact (and will be there through the 24th) on a paid stay as a Gold. I have to say the experience so far has been ok, but nothing spectacular.
  • Check-in was up in the lounge and was prompt, although I arrived at 2pm on a Sunday. When I went to the lounge on a Monday at 6:30pm, there was a reasonably angry mob of folks waiting to check-in. When I left at 7pm, some folks were complaining that they had been waiting for over half an hour.
  • Room was fine; I pre-booked at the lowest level and was upgraded to a nice King room in the West Wing (originally was moved into a two-queens room but the King room is much nicer). Note that there's a ~5 minute walk to the lounge, but the nicer room is well worth it.
  • Lounge is nothing to write home about. It's ok, but not at the level of the Munich City, Osaka, or Bangkok lounges. Breakfast looked good but I'm always in a rush to get out in the morning. The afternoon tea was nice. Canapes and other hot items are extremely weak versus asian lounges. Lounge staff are nice, and have been helpful in assisting with the lounge facilities/meeting room/checkin, but didn't have a lot of restaurant advice as I expected. I've never once been asked for my room information when entering the lounge. Lounge has been very busy during all food services but empty at other hours.
  • Concierge services have left much to be desired. The lounge staff haven't been great on restaurants, and they directed us to an absolutely horrible italian place when asked. We're working with a London Zagat guide instead and doing much better as a result.
  • Health Club facilities are very nice for a large convention hotel. The facilities aren't very mobbed either.

Overall, it's an exceptionally average hotel for large-scale Hiltons. I haven't stayed at the other Hiltons so I have nothing to compare it against, but I've had both better and worse other stays in the London metro area.

Hope you enjoy your stay this week.

hamburgler
Old Mar 15, 2006, 8:45 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors Gold, SPG Gold & Avis First
Thanks for the info hamburgler!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.