Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
This thread is for archived general discussion of Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom through 2012. For information and discussion on individual hotels, please refer to LINKS for Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom

To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:
1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
I understand that the MINT brand of hotels, of which there is one in Westminster, have joined the Hilton Brand.
Very modern with smallish bathrooms..... but highly regarded....
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:14 pm

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
Have stayed twice at The Trafalgar - not the poshest but will second an earlier comment - very well run hotel. The rooftop bar has a super view of Trafalgar Square and surrounding area - perfect place to have a drink in July.

Easy walk to many places - as well as being able to rent a bike a couple doors down - lovely to ride down the mall to The Palace to say hello to Her Majesty.

I will differ from a previous poster - I did not find the breakfast to be anything special - plenty places nearby which, imo, are better.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Monkey & Minkey
The advice is to take the matter to the small claims court once I know what my Direct and Consequential Losses have been after the 3/4th August 2012 and that any claim should include an element for injurious distress and inconvenience.
That last bit may be a hard sale as I expect the implied contract you enter into with the (or any) hotel limit liability to actual pounds lost. Otherwise hotels would have guests suing for crazy sums for "injurious distress" over ever cold bowl of room-service soup.

If you are determined to go get 'em, do so, because I think this sort of treatment is appalling (and peculiarly endemic in the Hilton world, with its many rogue hotel operators untroubled by corporate service standards or their obligation to the brand that brings most of their customers in), but be prepared to expend a disproportionate, Ahab-like level of energy pursing compensation which in the end may seem Pyrrhic. (To mix my references.)
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:40 pm

deleted, company policy

Last edited by Hhonor Gguard; Dec 2, 2013 at 10:47 am Reason: deleted, company policy
Old Feb 19, 2012, 7:02 am

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by COOLIO
I wonder if they bumped a bunch of res when this company asked to book the whole hotel.
I was thinking the same thing. I would bet that the OP isn't the only "guest" out of a reservation. It would make for a great class action suit however, locating the other "guests" out of a reservation due to the corporate booking would be nearly impossible.

Originally Posted by divemistressofthedark
For the record, I've had similar experiences recently in which I, as a Diamond HHonors member, have received zero responses from the three or so Hilton corporate offices to which I've directed correspondence (mostly regarding the recent devaluation.)

Wouldn't you think they'd at least write one saying "drop dead", worded in the appropriately polite language? Sigh.
Their lack of response is essentially a "drop dead" response.

To the OP:

Sorry to hear of your inconvenience. You do appear to have covered your bases well. Keep us posted as to the outcome of your legal recourse. However, as in most cases, there'll probably be a confidentiality agreement contingency in any legal compensation agreement that would prohibit you from sharing the outcome with FlyerTalk or anyone for that matter ...
Old Feb 22, 2012, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I suggest reading these, although it does mean you may need to get to the UK if you wish to pursue them using this method:

Small claims (UK)

Using the small claims court (UK)
Old Mar 1, 2012, 9:36 am

Which London hotel for gold?

We want to stay 5 days in London using HH pts in fall (after the Olympics). There are bunch of Hilton hotels with 40k per nite, Trafalgar, Waldrof, Green Park, Park lane, Euston, Tower Bridge, Paddington, Islington, Hyde Park and Bentley. Which one should we choose? We’ll be doing lots of tourist things and would like to get access to the executive lounge.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Take a look at these threads for some ideas:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ay-points.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ndon-gold.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...%26quot%3Bgold
Old Mar 1, 2012, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by kiyotaka
... and would like to get access to the executive lounge.
Hilton Hyde Park doesn't have a lounge. (Or they hid it very well for me... )
So that's one less to worry about.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 6:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Misc. others
I like the Tower Bridge! Great lounge, nice neighborhood, easy access to the tube.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Koby
Hilton Hyde Park doesn't have a lounge. (Or they hid it very well for me... )
So that's one less to worry about.
Nor do the Trafalgar, the Bentley, or Green Park. And most of the places you've mentioned are 50K points per night, not 40K.

If lounge access is important to you, avoid the Waldorf, which has a track record of poor upgrades (and you can't get lounge access as Gold unless you get an executive room).

Consider the Hilton London Tower Bridge or the DoubleTree London West End instead.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 2:56 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by stifle
Nor do the Trafalgar, the Bentley, or Green Park. And most of the places you've mentioned are 50K points per night, not 40K.
I think they probably plan to use one of the VIP Rewards, namely HV705, which is 200,000 points for 5 nights at a Category 7 hotel. That equates to 40,000 points per night.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 3:02 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by stifle
Consider the Hilton London Tower Bridge or the DoubleTree London West End instead.
Except the DT London West End is a joke. I've gotten the smallest room of any Hilton Hotel ever and it woulld be better if it didn't have a lounge because then you might get something that could be called breakfast in the restaurant.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by stc
Except the DT London West End is a joke. I've gotten the smallest room of any Hilton Hotel ever and it woulld be better if it didn't have a lounge because then you might get something that could be called breakfast in the restaurant.
I've been invited to have full breakfast in the restaurant anytime I've stayed there. Agree that the lounge breakfast is a bit rubbish.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:22 pm

Programs: Too many
Which Hilton in London?

Due to a cancelled flight I have now been re routed via London for 2 nights in July (yep smack bang in the middle of Olympic season!)

As I've never been to London before, I have no idea which property is a great location.
The rates showing at the moment plus points are all fairly good (for what I consider to be at a premium during this time) so that doesn't bother me too much.

With only around 36 hours in London before I leave...I would like to do the following..

See Buckingham Palace, See a show on the West End, Harrods and the usual popular shopping areas and a nice dinner somewhere
Easy transport is important as I'm not a big fan of walking long distances

Will be catching the Eurostar to Paris from St Pancras Station as the next destination

Any suggestions greatly appreciated on pros/cons of the Hiltons in town

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.