Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
This thread is for archived general discussion of Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom through 2012. For information and discussion on individual hotels, please refer to LINKS for Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom

To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:
1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Why would you need a pub when the evening reception in the lounge runs from 6 to 9 pm, and they normally break out the beers before that xD
Old Aug 11, 2011, 9:14 am

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Because a pub is a completely different environment than a lounge? I have yet to see a lounge in London that serves a decent fish and chips, meat pie, etc and have seen few that even serve English beer.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Fair enough. I don't drink, so I have no opinion on pubs either near the Hilton nor elsewhere.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 12:36 pm

The Anchor Pub - good draft beer, plus fish and chips. Ask the concierge. It's a short 15-minute walk from the Hilton London Tower Bridge.

Originally Posted by jefftiger
This is probably getting off-topic, but do you have a favorite pub in the area near the Hilton Tower Bridge? My wife and I walked around the area near the hotel last month while we were in London. We've stayed at the Hilton Islington annually for the past 5 years, but we're looking at trying a different location. We think that we're going to try the Hilton Tower Bridge when we return next year.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by treznor
... and have seen few that even serve English beer.
Not sure if we have to feel bad about that...

Anyway, there is a pub across the street from the Hilton Tower Bridge were I sometimes stop before getting back to the hotel at night. But I've never been there earlier in the evening so I don't know about the food on offer.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: HH Gold
Originally Posted by AJLondon
If I may piggyback on this thread, which of the below three would be recommended for a Diamond booking a 4 night GLON?

- Park Lane @ 170k
- Courthouse DT @ 136k
- waldorf @ 170k

The only reason the courthouse is there is because of the location, as most of my work is near Bond St/Regent st and it seems the best fit and a very short walk! So the way I see it, is it worth the 34k saving to give up on the more superior properties with the exec lounges? Or are they significantly superior and should be chosen, even if it means using public transport to get to where I need to be...
I stayed at the Courthouse recently and can only compare it to Park Lane as i've never stayed at the Waldorf, i would use the Park Lane every time before the Courthouse which i wasn't too impressed with,nothing too bad with the Courthouse but not great, very,very small Executive lounge and quite small rooms.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 3:26 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
I haven't stayed at the Park Lane Hilton for a year or so. Only issue I had was the room had no AC and it was a very hot day - not very comfortable at all. Just check all rooms now have AC
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold, *A Gold, HH Dia, Hertz #1 5*
My new favorite Hilton in London is Canary Wharf. Six nights on an award last month. Fewer points than almost all Central London properties. Upgraded to an Executive King on the 12th floor (floors 12-14 are the Executive floors). Fine lounge. Breakfast included eggs, bacon, cereals, breads, cold meats, etc. Evenings included hot items that two nights substituted for dinner. Open bar. Lounge staff was great. 5 minute walk to the Jubilee line and 2 minutes to the DLR at South Quay. Still in Zone 2 for London Transport. Central London 15-20 minutes away. Canary Wharf has plenty of restaurants and more shopping than you can handle. Won't stay anywhere else from now on.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by HILTON-VIP
nothing too bad with the Courthouse but not great, very,very small Executive lounge
i didn't know the courthouse had an executive lounge....
Old Aug 12, 2011, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keyser
i didn't know the courthouse had an executive lounge....
Nor did I. Could HHONORS-VIP be confusing it with the DoubleTree West End, which definitely has a really small lounge?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AJLondon
If I may piggyback on this thread, which of the below three would be recommended for a Diamond booking a 4 night GLON?

- Park Lane @ 170k
- Courthouse DT @ 136k
- waldorf @ 170k
Of those three, I would recommend Park Lane.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood gold
We stayed at the Waldorf last month for 4 days and it was great. Treated very well with lounge access and helpful staff. Park lane is good also.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
I would take the Waldorf over Park Lane solely on location. Both have good Ex Lounges and nice rooms. I was upgraded every time on awards at both properties as a Gold. Of course this has been 2-3 years ago for both hotels.

Cheers
Old Aug 13, 2011, 7:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood gold
Yes, location of Waldorf much better - close to covent garden and the theatre district. 5min walk to covent garden tube.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 3:29 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion & Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Club
London: Waldorf Hilton vs. Tower Bridge

I know there is a thread on all the Hilton properties in London, but its hard to get a focused response when comparing certain hotels as there are multiple conversations occurring at once.

My wife and I are going to London and Paris next May. She has never been to Europe before and I will be booking a 4-night award stay in London. After doing quite a bit of research, I narrowed it down to the Waldorf Hilton (great location, reviews are very good) and the Tower Bridge (location is decent, awesome reviews). I also considered the Hilton Park Lane, but the reviews are so-so.

What do people think would be the best choice between these two? They both have lounge access, fairly modern rooms. I do like the location of the Waldorf a bit better, but just want to get opinions from people who have actually been to the hotels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.