Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
This thread is for archived general discussion of Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom through 2012. For information and discussion on individual hotels, please refer to LINKS for Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom

To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:
1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2007, 12:38 pm

Programs: Hilton GLD , IC RA, Marriott PLT, Avis FIRST
I've noticed comments that both the Waldorf and Park Lane are undergoing refurbishments. Does anyone know details as to progress at each (which one is further along?) and when each is scheduled to be completed?
Old Sep 20, 2007, 1:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
If the hotels are undergoing renovation, I'd put in the comments section - request room away from construction or something like that. To the OP - might not hurt to fax or email the hotel before your arrival & mention the honeymoon. Congrats, btw.

If you do end up at PL, there's a pub within a 3-minute walk called Ye Grapes where a lot of FTers get together for a pint or two when we're in town for dos. It's located in Shepard's Market.

Cheers.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 4:13 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
Similar question with a twist

We're looking at spending a week-end in London on an award this winter, and considering either of these hotels.

Based on location and what we've read in this thread we would probably chose the Waldorf, but would also like to enjoy a decent room and/or breakfast, which seems not to be a given there as a Gold.

What is the current situation on upgrades/breakfast for Golds at both hotels (I've read the last few pages of the threads mentioned earlier, but could not find this information) ?

Thanks,
Yann
Old Oct 8, 2007, 6:11 pm

Programs: HH diamond
I recently stayed at the Waldorf. Fantastic location. In the middle of things - theater, lots of restaurants. As a Diamond I was upgraded and given access to a very nice executive lounge. Never stayed here as a Gold.

Park Lane is in a decent location, overlooking Hyde Park. It is a bit removed from the action but easily reached via the nearby Underground. I was upgraded as a Gold in 2006. The room was fairly small so I wonder what the regular rooms were like. I was also given lounge access.

Of the 2, I prefer the Waldorf for location and overall friendlier service. The staff at Park Lane seemed to be a bit snobby and not too helpful.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 2:38 am

Programs: IHG, CC, HH, AF, AA, UA
We ended up booking the Waldorf, and chose to play the room/breakfast roulette.

We'll see what happens...
Old Oct 15, 2007, 11:30 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Mrs. InItaly and I will be staying in the Waldorf Hilton from 8 - 14 Nov and will let you know how the renovations are going. We will also try to go by PL and see what is happening on that end.

Any other requests before our departure?
Old Oct 15, 2007, 1:56 pm

Programs: Hilton GLD , IC RA, Marriott PLT, Avis FIRST
Originally Posted by Italy98
Mrs. InItaly and I will be staying in the Waldorf Hilton from 8 - 14 Nov and will let you know how the renovations are going. We will also try to go by PL and see what is happening on that end.

Any other requests before our departure?

My biggest question would be, as a diamond, which offers a better upgrade on award? Both seem to be interesting choices.

Anyone have an opinion on how each stacks up to the recently renovated Intercontinental Park Lane?
Old Oct 16, 2007, 4:24 pm

Are the regular rooms at Waldorf really THAT undesirable? We have a 1 night in London coming up and due to its location, we are strongly considering this property.

We'll be redeeming points and have no status whatsoever with HH.

Last edited by broadwayboy; Oct 16, 2007 at 4:44 pm
Old Oct 19, 2007, 6:29 am

park lane is so different from the waldorf. depends on what you're looking for..

waldorf is rather inpersonal. i would rather stay at park lane any day

though waldorf has a swimming pool and park lane doesn't.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 4:49 pm
ghw

Programs: HH gold, Hyatt diamond, priority club plat, Delta Gold, Marriott silver
What is the best hilton property in London (considering diamond status)

I am a diamond HH mbr and thinking of taking my 2 grown kids and wife to Loondon for 5 or 6 nights in June 2008. I have reviewed the varrious properties on the Hilton web site but was wonder which would be more likely to upgrade me to a better room/club level/exec level and/or throw in a free hot cooked breakfast for Diamonds... I will be reserving 2 rooms and using points for both. Also which is the best location regarding subway lines, tourist attractions, etc...
Old Oct 24, 2007, 4:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
There are several good threads on London. Many include Diamond/Gold information. Please do a search.

Listed below is a thread to get you started.
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...ghlight=London

Check the Travel&Dining Forum for travel, tourist information.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 5:08 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
which hotel is going to give you the best upgrade etc would not be of much interest to me if I'm bringing my family or myself to London, what property suits your needs is what I'd be interested in first. Did you look at what areas you might want to stay in ?
Old Oct 25, 2007, 5:53 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Depends on where you want to be. Free breakfast goes with the executive lounge.

The Waldorf is in an excellent location, right inthe middle of several theatres in Covent Garden with lots of restaurants and shops nearby. Easy access to the Bakerloo and Cricle/Distrct lines. The Covent Garden stop on the Piccadilly line is for exit only but the Leicester Square one is close by.
They have a nice Executive lounge with hot PM hors-d'oevres. Continental breakfast only. I was upgraded to a suite but don't know if you'll get 2 suite upgrades. They may only upgrade the actual diamond member.

The Trafalgar is right next to the Square, terrific location, steps from the Bakerloo line. The service is a bit snobby. You have a choice of upgrade or breakfast, not both and no executive lounge. If you choose breakfast, wide selection continental breakfast. Extra if you want hot cooked.

The Metropole is a bit out of the way. OK upgrades. Upgraded room looks a bit like standard. Continental breakfast in lounge. Executive lounge is OK, hot hors d'oevres in PM. Gets very crowded at breakfast and at PM snacks.

Green Park is in a great location, near the Green Park station /Piccadilly line. But very stingy with upgrades. No executive lounge and never got breakfast despite no upgrade. Sometimes did not even get the "other amenity if no upgrade".

Park Lane. A little removed from the main action but near Piccadilly line, overlooking Hyde Park. Was upgraded but the room looked like a standard to me. Hate to see what standard was based on that. OK exective lounge, again continental breakfast. Desk service very snobby, executive lounge better.

Heathrow - don't bother, not actually in London. Same for the Gatwick.

Have not stayed in others. So in summary, Trafalgar and Waldorf best locations. Best upgrade for me was Waldorf. Free breakfast is offered in executive lounge, but continental only. None of the hotels offered free hot cooked. You may be able to upgrade for a fee in the restaurants. But only continental is offered as a benefit.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 6:09 pm

Programs: UAGM (former 1P), Hilton Gold (former Diamond), heading for dirt.
London Hiltons

Mrs. Ron and I have stayed at the Waldorf 3 days points and 3 days paid on the same stay. No upgrade but free hot breakfast. They billed me for it but when I called them on it the removed the charge. And at 22GBPpp breakfast was pretty significant. No Exec lounge access because I was not in an Exec room.
Stayed at the Trafalgar on points. No upgrade, free cold breakfast. Awesome location! Great staff.
Last stay was at the Olympia paid with web fare for six days. Got a bit jerked around because the occupant of my room went for a late checkout so at 4:00 pm he/she was still in the room and we were exhausted and just wanted any room so we could rest/wash up /change clothes. Got an OK room but I don't think it was an upgrade. They gave us a handful of drink tickets. Also got breakfast.
I would stay at the Trafalgar for the location but on points because it costs a fortune. Olympia was significantly less expensive and overall not bad for the price. I have no intention of returning to the Waldorf.
We love London! If it weren't for UAMP and HHonors we couldn't afford it.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 9:26 am

Programs: United 0, HH Gold
I stayed at the Waldorf last year with my wife and 4-year-old. Got the upgrade to an executive suite with lounge access - it was by far our best stay in any hotel in London.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.