Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
This thread is for archived general discussion of Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom through 2012. For information and discussion on individual hotels, please refer to LINKS for Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom

To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:
1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2008, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I always search for 1-night stays. The calendar comes up with every night available, and I can make my decisions from that.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
Originally Posted by BigLar
I always search for 1-night stays. The calendar comes up with every night available, and I can make my decisions from that.

Thanks for the suggestion - had not noticed the calendar display option before!
Old Feb 28, 2008, 5:18 am

Programs: SWA CP, HH DIAMOND
HHonor Award Stay in London

I just booked a 4 night stay Saturday 30 AUG 08 through Wednesday 03 SEP 08 at the Hilton Waldorf with no problems using Diamond Desk. The other property that was highly recommended was Hilton Trafalgar. Both locations are 40,000 points per night. I ended up going with Waldorf since it's very close to the theater district and it has a nice workout facility including pool and stream room.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has stayed at the Waldorf or Trafalgar to hear personal experiences. My email account is [email protected]
Old Feb 28, 2008, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jeffro1975
I'd love to hear from anyone who has stayed at the Waldorf or Trafalgar to hear personal experiences. My email account is [email protected]
I don't want to be a plonk, but a search of this forum will turn up tons of information/experiences at these properties.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:15 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by Wexflyer
I have been looking at Hilton award availability in London on and off for the past month. On several occasions, including just now, I have noticed that a search such as 8-12 June returns very few available properties. However, if I then increase the date range, to say 8-13 or 8-14 June, many of the properties which were just shown as unavailable suddenly have availability! Even more strange is that if I then search again for 8-12 June, the increased range of availability seems to be maintained!

Anyone understand this, or is it a bug?
I don't trust those initial award search pages very often. Many times when availability is showing, clicking through reveals "Sorry there are no rooms available.. blah blah". So my instinct would be to actually check all those properties that show available on the second search, they might not really be available.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by JonathanIT
I don't trust those initial award search pages very often. Many times when availability is showing, clicking through reveals "Sorry there are no rooms available.. blah blah". So my instinct would be to actually check all those properties that show available on the second search, they might not really be available.
Many times I have seen 6 one days available but not the full 6 day stay. Usually means the room type available is not the same for all 6 days.

But yes I have also seen the click through and get no availabilty.

rich
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:30 pm

Shops/Restaurants in vicinity of Park Lane/Green Park Hiltons?

Have narrowed down choice of hotel in London to Park Lane or Green Park (mainly based on fact that they are on Piccadilly tube line, don't ask). Having done a search I don't find much on shops/restaurants in the vicinity of these two hotels, i.e. is it possible to avoid astronomic hotel prices for breakfast and dinner by just walking down the street?
Old Feb 29, 2008, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Have narrowed down choice of hotel in London to Park Lane or Green Park (mainly based on fact that they are on Piccadilly tube line, don't ask). Having done a search I don't find much on shops/restaurants in the vicinity of these two hotels, i.e. is it possible to avoid astronomic hotel prices for breakfast and dinner by just walking down the street?
There are a number of restaurants in the Shepherds Market Area which tend to be very reasonably priced (considering the location) there is also a Tesco Metro and a Sainburys Local very close to the Green Park and not that far from the Park Lane.

If Middle Eastern food is your thing, there is a very nice turkish restaurant (Sofra) which is part of a small chain. Food here is good and reasonably priced, but they do rather pack in the customers.

Trader Vics at the Hilton is quite reasonably priced for the offerings. I would not describe it as cheap but it is not significantly more expensive than a typical TGI Fridays or Hard Rock in the UK.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 5:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
This question might be better for the FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel&Dining: Destination >> The World .. U.K. and Ireland Forum.

You'll probably get some good response from local members.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Shepherds Market is quite nice for restaurants. I've tried most of them and they were all great. The only one I really wanted to try but that I have not yet tried was the Polish Mexican one. Oxford Street has everything and is a short walk away. I've stayed at the Hilton Park Lane and would gladly stay there again.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Trader Vics at the Hilton is quite reasonably priced for the offerings. I would not describe it as cheap but it is not significantly more expensive than a typical TGI Fridays or Hard Rock in the UK.

I think there is a Hard Rock Cafe in the area if you get a craving for a burger.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by JayBrian
I think there is a Hard Rock Cafe in the area if you get a craving for a burger.
No need to worry about that one...
Thanks to everyone for the input!
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:40 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold, MC Plat., Star Plat.
Pret

The sandwich shops called PRET are very good and very resonable! There is one at 84 Piccadilly, London, W1J 8JB.
They have great breakfast sandwiches and also a good selection of lunch type meals. Very good blueberry muffins too! Everything is very fresh.
You can google for a menu!
Old Feb 29, 2008, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thumbs up Oxford Street

Originally Posted by xyzzy
...Oxford Street has everything and is a short walk away...
"Do not pass Go." If you're not pleased, then it takes a lot to please...
Old Mar 2, 2008, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *G, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
JonathanIT, I stayed at the Hyde Park Hilton back in December and it was alright. Standard rooms were small, but that's to be expected. The location can't really be beat however as there's a tube stop right around the corner and a short cab ride from paddington which cost me less than 7 pounds including tip if I remember correctly.

I don't know about upgrades or anything being only a silver member, but I do find I get treated a whole lot better by the staff in Europe than the U.S. I also get welcome letters most of the time at European properties versus never in the U.S.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.