Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
This thread is for archived general discussion of Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom through 2012. For information and discussion on individual hotels, please refer to LINKS for Hilton HHonors Hotels in or near London, United Kingdom

To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on the desired years:
1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near London {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
there is no comparing the 2 properties....the doubletree is far superior....although i cannot comment on the magistrates suite....
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:49 am

Programs: AF Frequence Plus Rouge pour toujours, BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond
Hello all,

I live in the UK and have stayed at all the above properties with my family (Bracknell, St Anne's Manor, Reading, Bracknell, Basingstoke, Newbury North) during the past year with 5+ stays in all of them except Reading and St Anne's Manor.

Avoid Basingstoke like the plague. I've stayed in better Days Inn, not to mention Hamptons.

St Anne's Manor is a joke. Category 7 mi culo, the breakfast is of a lower standard than at other properties, no upgrade (they tried to sell me one though) and the room we had was ridiculously small. The only redeeming feature is that they have the biggest and best swimming pool of the properties in question.

Best one IMHO is Cobham but you may want to check out Bracknell's prices. The breakfast is not so bad and I've had the family room upgrade every time even when on a single-person rate. Right now you can score it for as low as £45.

Reading is very nice, so are the parking fees (all the others have free parking).

If you want to know anything more let me know.

UTA
Old Feb 22, 2010, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Thanks for the comments. I am surprised so far there is nobody who has stayed in the magistrates suite?

Thanks,

Mark
Old Feb 26, 2010, 6:36 pm

Programs: Cattle Class
Question Hilton in London property advise needed

Hi,

Going to London this summer for two days. Will be using Q1 promotion certificates and need your advise on which property to choose.
I'd like to stay somewhere close to all the "places to see".
I know that two days not too much, but still would like to visit at least couple of "tourist spots" in the city.
And of course, would like to get most of the benefits as HH Diamond.

Thank you in advance.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 12:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
just completed a week in the trafalgar. Was lovely, front door opens to a view of trafalgar square.

As gold was upgraded to exec room on top floor, no view, but nice.

Breakfast was ok (was included in my room rate)

THey have cool roof bar as well.

I liked it, have stayed in tower bridge and metropole and hyde park, definately better than all those.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Awtas
Hi,

Going to London this summer for two days. Will be using Q1 promotion certificates and need your advise on which property to choose.
I'd like to stay somewhere close to all the "places to see".
I know that two days not too much, but still would like to visit at least couple of "tourist spots" in the city.
And of course, would like to get most of the benefits as HH Diamond.

Thank you in advance.
if you read through the last few pages of this thread you will get all your answers....
Old Mar 5, 2010, 4:36 pm

London Hotels Very Near Tube Stations

Hi, I'm looking to find what London Hiltons are near (or very near) tube stations. I will be bringing suitcases, and want an easy trip to the hotel(s). Thanks!
Old Mar 5, 2010, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA 1k, LT Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA 1MM
Originally Posted by Bruegelpie
Hi, I'm looking to find what London Hiltons are near (or very near) tube stations. I will be bringing suitcases, and want an easy trip to the hotel(s). Thanks!
The London Hilton Paddington is attached to the Paddington Station. London Metropole is about a block from the tube(can't remember station) and the Hilton Islington is about 2 blocks from Angel station. Have a good time.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.126 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/114)

The Trafalgar is close the Trafalgar Square, Charing X station. Canary Wharf Hilton is close to the tube and the DLR, Lond
Old Mar 5, 2010, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM. HH Diamond
Euston Hilton is across the street from the Euston tube, and a 5 mins walk from Kings Cross.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a hotel with London proper that is not near the tube.

Last edited by gamehendge2000; Mar 5, 2010 at 5:58 pm Reason: Can't spell!
Old Mar 5, 2010, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
They're all close. Hilton Islington is about a three-minute walk from Angel on the Northern Line.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 5:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Distance from exit of Queensway to entrance of Hilton Hyde Park....about 5 metres.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Bruegelpie
Are you arriving from LHR? If that's the case, then the Paddington Hilton is the best choice. Two trains - Heathrow Express and Heathrow Connect - arrive into Paddington and you simply walk straight to the hotel w/o ever leaving the station.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 10:02 pm

Programs: British Air, Virgin, Alaska, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by bdemaria
Are you arriving from LHR? If that's the case, then the Paddington Hilton is the best choice. Two trains - Heathrow Express and Heathrow Connect - arrive into Paddington and you simply walk straight to the hotel w/o ever leaving the station.
I agree--and Paddington Hilton is excellent. The other option I would recommend is the Metropole--an excellent hotel.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 10:07 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
If you are coming from LHR then the Paddington is the easy choice as long as you dont mind paying for one of the most expensive train rides in the world. Otherwise most of the Hiltons are pretty near a tube station so it really depends on where you plan on going from and to as to which hotel is the best choice. My new favorite is the Hilton near Tower Bridge as it is a somewhat easy tube trip from LHR and in a pretty central location for my needs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.