Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 2:52 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by submonte
Dear Erin,

may I draw your attention to the unclear free breakfast policy within W-A Collection. Some hotels sometimes grant comp. breakfast to the most loyal Hilton guests, than again the benefit is withdrawn.

The most loyal Hilton guests, at least all Diamonds, should get that benefit. With your current policy they stay at other Hilton group hotels or look for alternatives that grant them that benefit such as Leading Hotels.

If you change policy, the guest books at W-A, the room is sold, maybe dinner or bar consumption, too, and he gets the breakfast for free, the hotel has to pay for it (my bread with butter and two slices of salami and two cup of coffee during business stays will not ruin them). If you do not change it, he does not book at W-A, maybe at Hilton, maybe elsewhere, and the hotel has not sold the room, nor dinner and bar consumption, but saved the bread, butter, salami and coffee.

What is better for the W-A hotel?

See the recent posts here for example:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...s-reviews.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24271791-post31.html
Hi submonte,

Thanks for reaching out! I will be sure to share your comments and experiences with the larger team as I provide ongoing feedback from the community.

Cheers,
Erin
Old Feb 2, 2015, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
Erin,

Can you provide any public comment on the 100,000 point "gift" and offer for 2x points that some people received? Is this an example of the "new targeted" promotions that we are supposed to look forward to?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 7:57 pm

Internet feedback

Hi Erin-

Have you received any feedback from your team regarding the 'premium internet must be paid for, even by Diamonds' policy? It has been the subject of numerous posts in multiple threads. Many people are very upset by the new policy, and I am seriously considering switching most of my business to the Marriott family if there is no change to the new policy. Yet after many, many weeks, I have seen no feedback on this issue. Can you please report if there is any chance for change to this #$!%* policy?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 7:07 am

Programs: Southwest A-list, Hiltonhonors Diamond, Delta, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum,
Originally Posted by DevilDawg1960
Erin,

Can you provide any public comment on the 100,000 point "gift" and offer for 2x points that some people received? Is this an example of the "new targeted" promotions that we are supposed to look forward to?
Seems odd that only a small portion of diamonds would receive this offer. Guess 7 years as diamond all through nights is not loyal enough to receive the offer. Really question the thinking behind this and my loyalty to Hilton.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond/ AC Elite/*Gold /Hertz Gold5*/Global Entry-TSA Pre/Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by srittle001
Seems odd that only a small portion of diamonds would receive this offer. Guess 7 years as diamond all through nights is not loyal enough to receive the offer. Really question the thinking behind this and my loyalty to Hilton.
Echo, Echo
10 Years as a Diamond, with butt in the bed. Not feeling the love here. Erin, may I request that we have a little more transparency from Hilton as to the criteria for these Targeted Promo's? How is it that someone who is Diamond 3 years be more valuable than someone who is 5, 10 plus years as a Diamond? This is the type of nonsense that makes me think long and hard about my loyalty to this brand. This is no longer a targeted promo as those who were not sent the email but registered via the link in the thread were able to register. I was not. Perhaps Hilton should extend this to all re-qalifying Diamonds who were not targeted and could not register via the link.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
It's at least somewhat targeted; I couldn't register. (Though I'm only a "fake" Diamond.)
Old Feb 3, 2015, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
As a repeat Hilton Diamond, I also request that we have a little more transparency from Hilton on Diamond targeted promotions.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 1:23 pm

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Erin,

Same here. I got the 100k offer but no other promotion. Does that mean there will be no promotion at all for me?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by 1st Cav Vet
As a repeat Hilton Diamond, I also request that we have a little more transparency from Hilton on Diamond targeted promotions.
Gold promotions too, apparently, as there are reports of golds getting the 100k dumped into their accounts just for existing.

Originally Posted by FlyinDutchman
Same here. I got the 100k offer but no other promotion. Does that mean there will be no promotion at all for me?
You can think of the 100k as triple base points on $5000 of Hilton spend that you never had to make. Sounds like a pretty good promotion to me.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Diamond
I'm Diamond but also neither got points nor a promo. That really sucks ... I'm feeling like a "valued subprime Diamond Member"
Old Feb 4, 2015, 1:14 am

Same emotions here.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 4:04 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; IHG Platinum; Emerald Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Boeing_747SP
I'm Diamond but also neither got points nor a promo. That really sucks ... I'm feeling like a "valued subprime Diamond Member"

Ditto--I been Gold for years and Diamond (based on nights) for the last 4 years...but the promotion link tells me I am not eligible for the 100,000 promotion. If the promotion is still being rolled out and just hasn't hit everyone who is eligible yet, it wold be nice to know that. Likewise, if only random Diamonds chosen out of a hat are being targeted, it would be nice to know that too so I can rethink my loyalty toward Hilton.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Erin,

Hi DevilDawg1960,

Please see my recent post here.

Thanks!
Erin
Old Feb 4, 2015, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clarence5ybr
Hi Erin-

Have you received any feedback from your team regarding the 'premium internet must be paid for, even by Diamonds' policy? It has been the subject of numerous posts in multiple threads. Many people are very upset by the new policy, and I am seriously considering switching most of my business to the Marriott family if there is no change to the new policy. Yet after many, many weeks, I have seen no feedback on this issue. Can you please report if there is any chance for change to this #$!%* policy?
Hi there,

At this time, I do not have any new information to share. If I'm provided more updates, I will post them here!

Thanks,
Erin
Old Feb 4, 2015, 3:48 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold,Hyatt Diamond
Seems that this targeted promotion rewards Diamonds that have "maintained" his/her status which I have done since 2008 and I have received Nothing Erin, would request that your marketing department reconsider excluding Diamonds. Minimally we should be extended the 2x/3x point stay offer. Please advise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.