Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2014, 1:06 am

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
Unfortunately, Hilton and AA seem to both be in a race to the bottom of their competitor sets. As a long time Hilton Diamond and Executive Platinum AA I have watched the quality of both brands and the experience that they offer their "prized best customers" degrade over time. It used to really bother me as I felt an emotional attachment to these two iconic brands. Now I realize that to them I am just another bozo on the bus and that there is not "loyalty" in either program - loyalty is a two way street and the streets have been running one way for quite some time.

I book what I want and expect to get that.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
HHR, any updates on your discussions with your team regarding empowering DD agents to grant points for issues with mispostings?
Old Oct 6, 2014, 9:42 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by mnredfox
HHR, any updates on your discussions with your team regarding empowering DD agents to grant points for issues with mispostings?
Hi mnredfox,

We are working on this now, and a representative will be in touch with you soon!

Stay tuned,
Erin
Old Oct 6, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat,AS MVP Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat, Amtrak(all routes, VIA same, AUS 90%)
Many thanks!

Please allow me to express immense gratitude to Erin and the entire executive management team in NC for surpassing my expectations in "service recovery." While back I got stuck in a customer care loop that was unresponsive and while it took some time to resolve my efforts were worthwhile: Recently returned from two nights at Tokyo Conrad and all staff were most attentive to my needs-room upgrade to 3701(corner suite on executive floor), bay view, one of the finest rooms I've ever been in(and I've been in some presidential suites!). I received a personal mailed(likely astounded my rural mail carrier) note from the general manager as well.

To all involved, Erin, et.al. well done!
Old Oct 6, 2014, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jake108
Please allow me to express immense gratitude to Erin and the entire executive management team in NC for surpassing my expectations in "service recovery." While back I got stuck in a customer care loop that was unresponsive and while it took some time to resolve my efforts were worthwhile: Recently returned from two nights at Tokyo Conrad and all staff were most attentive to my needs-room upgrade to 3701(corner suite on executive floor), bay view, one of the finest rooms I've ever been in(and I've been in some presidential suites!). I received a personal mailed(likely astounded my rural mail carrier) note from the general manager as well.

To all involved, Erin, et.al. well done!
Hi jake108,

Thanks again for keeping me updated, and I'm happy we were able to assist!

Cheers,
Erin
Old Oct 7, 2014, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi mnredfox,

We are working on this now, and a representative will be in touch with you soon!

Stay tuned,
Erin
Thanks!
Old Oct 7, 2014, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by jake108
While back I got stuck in a customer care loop that was unresponsive and while it took some time to resolve my efforts were worthwhile: Recently returned from two nights at Tokyo Conrad and all staff were most attentive to my needs-room upgrade to 3701(corner suite on executive floor), bay view, one of the finest rooms I've ever been in(and I've been in some presidential suites!). I received a personal mailed(likely astounded my rural mail carrier) note from the general manager as well.
Are we supposed to know the back story here? Was the previous issue with the Conrad Tokyo?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: US Airways, Hilton, Marriott
As a diamond member, I usually have to ask for an upgrade upon arrival. Is this normal or should properties be offering a room upgrade if available?
Old Oct 8, 2014, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by shedberg
As a diamond member, I usually have to ask for an upgrade upon arrival. Is this normal or should properties be offering a room upgrade if available?
They should be. They sometimes do. I always ask.

(The hotel's idea of upgrade and mine don't always coincide; I've asked for an unrenovated mini-suite over a renovated room.)
Old Oct 8, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: US Airways, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by sethb
They should be. They sometimes do. I always ask.

(The hotel's idea of upgrade and mine don't always coincide; I've asked for an unrenovated mini-suite over a renovated room.)
THANKS!
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:29 pm
In Memoriam

HHonors Flyertalk Ambassador you might want to look at this thread and address the stupid captchas.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sethb
Does anyone have any idea what the holdup is? (Though given that it's a higher category than the two FS Hiltons in SF, I don't see myself staying there much.)
Hi sethb,

Another quick update - availability has been opened for arrivals beginning February 1, 2015. The anticipated official opening date is still November 17, 2014!

Thanks,
Erin
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi sethb,

Another quick update - availability has been opened for arrivals beginning February 1, 2015. The anticipated official opening date is still November 17, 2014!

Thanks,
Erin
I just tried to make a reservation for 4/19/15 in, and 4/24/15 out. Got this message:

"We do not recognize this location. Check your entry and try again"

EDIT: Tried to book through another Hilton site (using search function instead of going to hotel site directly) and it worked!

Last edited by milesmilesmiles; Oct 10, 2014 at 10:35 am
Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles
I just tried to make a reservation for 4/19/15 in, and 4/24/15 out. Got this message:

"We do not recognize this location. Check your entry and try again"
Hi there,

Let me check in with my team about this! Thanks for flagging.

Cheers,
Erin
Old Oct 10, 2014, 12:42 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by underpressure
HHonors Flyertalk Ambassador you might want to look at this thread and address the stupid captchas.
HHonorsrepresentative Are you going to comment on this mess?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.