Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:59 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Yikes, another dilution of HH Diamond staus
The UA/Marriott thing only matches to Gold, not top-tier status!
Here, here. This is utterly ridiculous. I will be re-thinking my loyalty in 2015. Special treatment and upgrades are hard enough as a Diamond and now it's diluted that much further...Not to mention already overcrowded lounges. Great for Top-tier AA flyers, BAD for LOYAL Hilton customers who, gasp...Spemd 60+nights a year at their properties. Sure, HH Gold status? Great, keep giving it away like candy...But show some freakin' respect for your Diamond members who do it the hard way.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Here, here. This is utterly ridiculous. I will be re-thinking my loyalty in 2015. Special treatment and upgrades are hard enough as a Diamond and now it's diluted that much further...Not to mention already overcrowded lounges. Great for Top-tier AA flyers, BAD for LOYAL Hilton customers who, gasp...Spemd 60+nights a year at their properties. Sure, HH Gold status? Great, keep giving it away like candy...But show some freakin' respect for your Diamond members who do it the hard way.
+1 and Hilton diamonds should also receive some form of benefit with AA like with the Delta/SPG and UA/Marriott partnership

Give out Hilton Gold to Am Ex EP's and in return give out AA Gold to HH Diamonds. Or better yet, just provide SPACE AVAILABLE upgrades to EP's AFTER all diamonds have been upgraded and free internet and in return HH Diamond's get a free checked bag and priority boarding and space available upgrades after their elites have been upgraded.

I just hope this isn't an indication that Hilton is going to start giving out Diamond status as freely as they are gold
Old Oct 2, 2014, 12:44 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by sethb
Does anyone have any idea what the holdup is? (Though given that it's a higher category than the two FS Hiltons in SF, I don't see myself staying there much.)
Hi sethb,

This property is scheduled to open on November 17, 2014. I am not aware of pre-selling dates, but if I hear of any further updates I will let you know!

Cheers,
Erin
Old Oct 2, 2014, 1:40 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
HHonors and American Airlines

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback. We have heard from a few of you and understand there may be some questions regarding this targeted promotion.

We know that many of you are loyal, elite HHonors members and have been for a long time. Our top priority is to recognize and reward you, our most loyal guests, and we will continue to do so through offers like hotel benefits such as complimentary, space-available upgrades.

From time-to-time we work with our partners – such as American Airlines – to invite some of their frequent travelers to come explore our hotels and brands. Sometimes our partners choose to extend similar offers to our HHonors members.

Please know how important your ongoing feedback is to the success of our program. I will continue to pass along all of your feedback to the HHonors team. In the meantime, please continue to reach out via PM with any suggestions or feedback.

Thanks,
Erin
Old Oct 2, 2014, 6:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback. We have heard from a few of you and understand there may be some questions regarding this targeted promotion.

We know that many of you are loyal, elite HHonors members and have been for a long time. Our top priority is to recognize and reward you, our most loyal guests, and we will continue to do so through offers like hotel benefits such as complimentary, space-available upgrades.

From time-to-time we work with our partners – such as American Airlines – to invite some of their frequent travelers to come explore our hotels and brands. Sometimes our partners choose to extend similar offers to our HHonors members.

Please know how important your ongoing feedback is to the success of our program. I will continue to pass along all of your feedback to the HHonors team. In the meantime, please continue to reach out via PM with any suggestions or feedback.

Thanks,
Erin
Erin,

Please don't take offense, but that is a very PR post.

What I mean by that is highlighted in this statement: "Our top priority is to recognize and reward you, our most loyal guests, and we will continue to do so through offers like hotel benefits such as complimentary, space-available upgrades."

If this is indeed your top priority, then how are you differentiating the customers that achieve status via loyalty/stays over those that are granted status through CC's or promotions, such as the AA promotion? It seems to me that the opposite is true, as competing for upgrades and the such becomes more difficult when elite members are added through non-stay mechanisms, thereby diluting the ranks.

I am not trying to come down hard on you, but that particular paragraph reeks of corporate doublespeak.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 6:33 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by oenophilist
how are you differentiating the customers that achieve status via loyalty/stays over those that are granted status through CC's or promotions, such as the AA promotion?
They're not. I am a comped HH Diamond via Virgin Australia (it's actually my favourite VA Plat benefit!) - I get treated the same as any other Diamond.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 6:48 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by oenophilist
Erin,

Please don't take offense, but that is a very PR post.

What I mean by that is highlighted in this statement: "Our top priority is to recognize and reward you, our most loyal guests, and we will continue to do so through offers like hotel benefits such as complimentary, space-available upgrades."

If this is indeed your top priority, then how are you differentiating the customers that achieve status via loyalty/stays over those that are granted status through CC's or promotions, such as the AA promotion? It seems to me that the opposite is true, as competing for upgrades and the such becomes more difficult when elite members are added through non-stay mechanisms, thereby diluting the ranks.

I am not trying to come down hard on you, but that particular paragraph reeks of corporate doublespeak.
+100 I have stayed at a couple Hiltons where they do look at the number of nights you have stayed and based upgrades on it, such as Checkers in LA but unfortunately most hotels don't look at that data.

Erin-suggestion. If Hilton is going to give out status to a partner, then have the partner give equal status to Diamonds. If Hilton is going to give out Diamond status to EP's on AA then Diamonds should get status on American. If Hilton is giving diamond status to certain Virgin Australia status then Hilton diamonds should get equal status on Virgin Australia.

I have no problems with Hilton giving out status to partners IF I get the same status in return from the partner. It's unfair for Hilton diamonds to compete with people that get status through American or Virgin when we don't get status on them in return. I would have no problem competing with American or Virgin frequent flyers for upgrades if I was getting the same status with the partner.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:24 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Exclamation

Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
+100 I have stayed at a couple Hiltons where they do look at the number of nights you have stayed and based upgrades on it, such as Checkers in LA but unfortunately most hotels don't look at that data.

Erin-suggestion. If Hilton is going to give out status to a partner, then have the partner give equal status to Diamonds. If Hilton is going to give out Diamond status to EP's on AA then Diamonds should get status on American. If Hilton is giving diamond status to certain Virgin Australia status then Hilton diamonds should get equal status on Virgin Australia.

I have no problems with Hilton giving out status to partners IF I get the same status in return from the partner. It's unfair for Hilton diamonds to compete with people that get status through American or Virgin when we don't get status on them in return. I would have no problem competing with American or Virgin frequent flyers for upgrades if I was getting the same status with the partner.
I could not agree more. Moreover, if as a Diamond, I received AA status, I might be inclined to give them a 2nd chance. Without some incentive like this, I have zero interest in climbing the AA FF pole waiting a 9-12 months to get status just flying.

These kinds of one sided promotions greatly devalue Hilton's program in the eyes of their most loyal clients.

In addition, Hilton would be wise to consider not just nights or revenue per guest. Folks like us can have significant influence in corporate travel departments choice of contracting not just a corporate rate, but where to host events.

In my case, because I made a fuss, two Hiltons are now preferred hotels for the 2Bil company I work for, as well as getting strong recommendations for hosting corporate events.

As I mentioned before, I am generally a happy camper with Hilton so far and a couple of hotels I have become a reliable repeat guest. That said, these kinds of things are going to make it more difficult to want to keep status and look at other programs where I know I could achieve elite status.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:29 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by ptownca
I could not agree more. Moreover, if as a Diamond, I received AA status, I might be inclined to give them a 2nd chance. Without some incentive like this, I have zero interest in climbing the AA FF pole waiting a 9-12 months to get status just flying.

These kinds of one sided promotions greatly devalue Hilton's program in the eyes of their most loyal clients.
From various blog posts I've seen there is some reciprocity in the targeted offer between AA and Hilton:

http://loyaltylobby.com/2014/10/01/i...honors-points/
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,

In addition, Hilton would be wise to consider not just nights or revenue per guest. Folks like us can have significant influence in corporate travel departments choice of contracting not just a corporate rate, but where to host events.

In my case, because I made a fuss, two Hiltons are now preferred hotels for the 2Bil company I work for, as well as getting strong recommendations for hosting corporate events.

As I mentioned before, I am generally a happy camper with Hilton so far and a couple of hotels I have become a reliable repeat guest. That said, these kinds of things are going to make it more difficult to want to keep status and look at other programs where I know I could achieve elite status.
I agree completely. If Hilton is giving diamond status to Virgin Australia, American Airlines, etc. elites I wouldn't have a problem with it if we also received status on AA and Virgin Australia, Etc.

Personally I like the Delta/SPG partnership. An SPG platinum gets benefits like free bags on Delta (things that have no effect on their elites), and can get upgrades after ALL Delta's elites have been upgraded. As a Delta Diamond I get free wifi and a guaranteed 4 pm checkout (things that have no effects on SPG elites) and am eligible for upgrades only AFTER all spg elites have been upgraded.

Delta should work out a similar agreement with VA and AA. Give Hilton diamonds a free checked on AA and VA and make them eligible for upgrades after all their elites have cleared and Hilton can give AA and VA top tier free wifi and breakfast and give them upgrades only after all Hilton diamonds have been upgraded.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I strongly second the sentiment expressed so well by my fellow Diamonds that earn their status by actually staying at Hilton properties. There has been an immense devaluation to Diamond status both in terms of benefits as well as the crowding of their benefits from an exploding Gold population (a statu which is practically being given away while at the same time made more difficult by the increased number of stays to those who earn it staying in Hilton properties). For Hilton to increase the number of Diamonds without any sort of reciprocal benefit to to current Diamonds on AA is a massive slap in the face.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 9:24 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Unhappy

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
From various blog posts I've seen there is some reciprocity in the targeted offer between AA and Hilton:

http://loyaltylobby.com/2014/10/01/i...honors-points/
I looked into this.

One you need to be targeted by Hilton with a direct e-mail. So, not all HH Diamonds will benefit.

Two, you need to fly 9000 MQM miles to get Diamond AA and it appears, you do not get it granted immediately, unlike the AA folks.

So, it not a one for one deal and quite lopsided if you ask me.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 9:55 pm
Used to be MBS PremExec

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Marriott Titanium w/Lifetime Plat, Hilton LIfetime ♢, National Exec, Amex Plat
I looked into this.

One you need to be targeted by Hilton with a direct e-mail. So, not all HH Diamonds will benefit.

Two, you need to fly 9000 MQM miles to get Diamond AA and it appears, you do not get it granted immediately, unlike the AA folks.

So, it not a one for one deal and quite lopsided if you ask me.
Nope...Not here! I tried it and was rejected. I'll spend 63 nights at Hilton this year...It could be 75, but I'm going to build up Marriott in Q4. I'm staying at a Doubletree right now...Unfortunately, I checked in at 10pm tonight. Early today they had 5-6 higher categories of rooms available, suites in all sizes, special view rooms, corner rooms, executive floor rooms...When pulling up, I checked the HH app on my phone, and despite being sold out of "Standard King" rooms in the week leading up to my arrival, that's all they're showing available now...So lots of people got upgraded, but this Diamond is in the room he booked...AND NOT EVEN ON THE EXECUTIVE LEVEL. NOR AM I NEAR THE EXECUTIVE LEVEL. I have to take two elevators to get to the lounge. And despite my request for a high floor, I'm on the SECOND floor, of (I think) 9.

And this is probably before a lot of AA or VS flyers show up with a diamond status. This program gets weaker and weaker by the day. This marks 2 not-so-great stays in my last 3...While Marriott has SHINED for me as a mere Gold (through the UA match).

Yes, I'm getting bitter. They did waive the $15/night fridge fee, which we need for our baby's food...So, I guess that's something.

I'm surprised that UA and HH didn't match up...Both programs have gone to hell for top elites...Seems like a perfect fit.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 11:13 pm

Programs: DL GE
Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler
Odd and OT but wanted to say, Hello MBS Neighbor!

lol.. small world!
Old Oct 4, 2014, 6:52 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond

Plus 1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.