Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Erin,

Do you have an update on giving diamonds GUARANTEED late check outs? My wife and I have had two Hilton stays this month as diamond's travelling with a couple that is Gold (credit card) and both times we were told 2 p.m. was the latest checkout time we could be given or we would have to pay a half day charge and the gold's were told the same time when asked for a check out.

I know this sounds like a petty complaint to some, but when you travel all the time for a living it is nice to have a 4 p.m. checkout when your competition is doing the same. A property should offer a checkout two hours later to someone that is spending over a 1/4th of the year in your properties than someone that has status via spending $20K a year on a credit card or paying a low annual fee on a credit card.

I have a stay coming up tomorrow night in Atlanta with a 6:00 pm flight home Friday and that stay is going to Hyatt because I know I can get in a work out and shower and change before heading to the airport after my meeting and I won't have the assurance at the Hilton unless I pay for a half day. If Hilton would offer me a 4 p.m. checkout like Hyatt does as a diamond, they would be getting that stay. Same with a stay in New Orleans in two weeks. The W will give me a 4 pm checkout with no status via the Delta crossover benefits, I would rather stay at the Roosevelt but my flight is at 6ish from MSY and I want a late checkout and won't be assured of getting it at the Roosevelt
Old Jan 29, 2015, 7:55 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by travelingbob
Hello .... Can you tell us if there will be a Q1/Q2 promotion? I believe the current promotion expires at the end of the month.

Thanks!!!!!
Hi travelingbob,

You can find more info here!

Cheers,
Erin
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:24 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
Erin,

Do you have an update on giving diamonds GUARANTEED late check outs? My wife and I have had two Hilton stays this month as diamond's travelling with a couple that is Gold (credit card) and both times we were told 2 p.m. was the latest checkout time we could be given or we would have to pay a half day charge and the gold's were told the same time when asked for a check out.

I know this sounds like a petty complaint to some, but when you travel all the time for a living it is nice to have a 4 p.m. checkout when your competition is doing the same. A property should offer a checkout two hours later to someone that is spending over a 1/4th of the year in your properties than someone that has status via spending $20K a year on a credit card or paying a low annual fee on a credit card.

I have a stay coming up tomorrow night in Atlanta with a 6:00 pm flight home Friday and that stay is going to Hyatt because I know I can get in a work out and shower and change before heading to the airport after my meeting and I won't have the assurance at the Hilton unless I pay for a half day. If Hilton would offer me a 4 p.m. checkout like Hyatt does as a diamond, they would be getting that stay. Same with a stay in New Orleans in two weeks. The W will give me a 4 pm checkout with no status via the Delta crossover benefits, I would rather stay at the Roosevelt but my flight is at 6ish from MSY and I want a late checkout and won't be assured of getting it at the Roosevelt
Hi ILovetheReds,

I appreciate this feedback and continue to share your experiences with my team during our regularly scheduled calls. If I'm provided any updates surrounding this topic, I will be sure to reach out!

Thanks,
Erin
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: SW, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents
fix the log in system - PLEASE

You have GOT to create a better web site log in system. The “Recaptcha” added to the login is ridiculous. When you first added it, it showed a photo image of some #s. Now, when I try to log in, it shows me two text words, and one of them is so distorted it is impossible to decipher. I had to click the “try another” 10 times to get one I could read. And of course, even though I click the “remember me” box, it never does, and I have to go through the whole circus every time I log in. This makes me think twice about making HHonors reservations – please don’t do this to loyal members.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Just received an email from HHonors today, first time in many, many years. Many thanks for your help, Erin!

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience!

My team is continuing to troubleshoot each account for those of you who have provided contact information.

We understand your frustrations surrounding this topic, and we are meticulously checking each user's settings to ensure we are finding the cause of the issues you're experiencing.

As soon as I have more updates, I will post them here.

Cheers,
Erin
Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:39 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by wilp888
Just received an email from HHonors today, first time in many, many years. Many thanks for your help, Erin!
I still don't receive any email except reservation confirmations. Just like the last 21 years..........
Old Jan 31, 2015, 4:09 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Originally Posted by runarbg
I still don't receive any email except reservation confirmations. Just like the last 21 years..........
Have you contacted Erin to have your account looked into? Trust me, it is worth the effort. See details in these posts:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...l#post24066963 and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...l#post24067902

Basically, at some point in time I (or someone at Hhonors) had selected "unsubscribe from all emails." Apparently this overrides all other settings, and is never reset when it is unchecked, or when individual e-mail subscriptions are checked. It cannot be fixed yourself, but can be fixed by someone in the back office at Hilton.

Last edited by GJS - yow; Jan 31, 2015 at 4:19 am Reason: added some detail
Old Jan 31, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Talking

Originally Posted by GJS - yow
Have you contacted Erin to have your account looked into? Trust me, it is worth the effort. See details in these posts:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...l#post24066963 and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...l#post24067902

Basically, at some point in time I (or someone at Hhonors) had selected "unsubscribe from all emails." Apparently this overrides all other settings, and is never reset when it is unchecked, or when individual e-mail subscriptions are checked. It cannot be fixed yourself, but can be fixed by someone in the back office at Hilton.

l too have started to receive e-mails after I PM'ed Erin the second time. Thanks Erin! The first time she tried to help me I got a canned e-mail from someone at Hilton that said it was fixed but it never was. Many, many times over the years Diamond reps have told me that they could see everything was OK on my account to get e-mails but I did not.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 5:57 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
Yes, I have talked to Erin several times about this. Just like I have talked to at least 20 Hilton-people the last 3 years. All of them confirms that my settings are correct.

I still don't reeive anything else than reservation confirmations. I'm in the process of giving up. To be treated like this as a Diamond member and a HHonors for 21 years shows how little Hilton appreciae by business!!!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Comp. breakfast at W-A Collection hotels

Dear Erin,

may I draw your attention to the unclear free breakfast policy within W-A Collection. Some hotels sometimes grant comp. breakfast to the most loyal Hilton guests, than again the benefit is withdrawn.

The most loyal Hilton guests, at least all Diamonds, should get that benefit. With your current policy they stay at other Hilton group hotels or look for alternatives that grant them that benefit such as Leading Hotels.

If you change policy, the guest books at W-A, the room is sold, maybe dinner or bar consumption, too, and he gets the breakfast for free, the hotel has to pay for it (my bread with butter and two slices of salami and two cup of coffee during business stays will not ruin them). If you do not change it, he does not book at W-A, maybe at Hilton, maybe elsewhere, and the hotel has not sold the room, nor dinner and bar consumption, but saved the bread, butter, salami and coffee.

What is better for the W-A hotel?

See the recent posts here for example:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...s-reviews.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24271791-post31.html
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by runarbg
Yes, I have talked to Erin several times about this. Just like I have talked to at least 20 Hilton-people the last 3 years. All of them confirms that my settings are correct.

I still don't reeive anything else than reservation confirmations. I'm in the process of giving up.
There may be hope. I'd never received anything other than confirmations and had reached out to Erin with my info maybe a month or so ago. Still nothing thereafter for a while, but just this last week I started to get some promotional emails. Nothing amazing, and they seem to lag a bit (I got some that were like dated a week before when I received them, and also which had old values for my points balance), but they are coming, so things might be looking up finally.

As a side note, I find this thread (and associated ones involving hhonors emails) hilarious, because it consists of many people, myself included, complaining because we want more spam! How often do you see that happening?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by submonte
Dear Erin,

may I draw your attention to the unclear free breakfast policy within W-A Collection. Some hotels sometimes grant comp. breakfast to the most loyal Hilton guests, than again the benefit is withdrawn.

The most loyal Hilton guests, at least all Diamonds, should get that benefit. With your current policy they stay at other Hilton group hotels or look for alternatives that grant them that benefit such as Leading Hotels.

If you change policy, the guest books at W-A, the room is sold, maybe dinner or bar consumption, too, and he gets the breakfast for free, the hotel has to pay for it (my bread with butter and two slices of salami and two cup of coffee during business stays will not ruin them). If you do not change it, he does not book at W-A, maybe at Hilton, maybe elsewhere, and the hotel has not sold the room, nor dinner and bar consumption, but saved the bread, butter, salami and coffee.

What is better for the W-A hotel?

See the recent posts here for example:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...s-reviews.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24271791-post31.html

I would agree that not having complimentary breakfast detracts from the number of Diamonds/Golds who book stays at Waldorfs, but I have no idea what percentage that is. The reason this policy stands (especially in a location like Chicago which actually tested out free breakfast) is that it may be the case that they are charging so much for breakfasts that even if a small percentage of Diamonds/Golds buy breakfast in the restaurant or room service, they make more money and the relative number of elites in the hotel both during the comp breakfast test and before and after it was not materially different.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Miesque
I would agree that not having complimentary breakfast detracts from the number of Diamonds/Golds who book stays at Waldorfs, but I have no idea what percentage that is.
One appropriate analogy might be thinking about AA elites who avoid booking award flights on BA metal because of fuel surcharges. When you're used to getting something for free, it kind of stinks to pay for it, and a lot of people will avoid it on philosophical grounds (not wanting to condone the practice).
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
Erin,

A guaranteed 4 p.m. checkout for diamonds and 1 p.m. or 2 p.m. for Gold's is a benefit Hilton needs to add. I have given stays to SPG that would have gone to Hilton because I know I can get a 4 p.m. checkout if I have had a later flight. Giving a 4 p.m. checkout to diamond's wouldn't cost Hilton much considering the stays they are losing to SPG or Hyatt and it's not like every diamond is going to be asking for a 4 p.m. checkout anyway.

Two weeks ago the Washington Hilton wouldn't give me a checkout past 2 p.m. and it was very irritating because they charged me to store my bags for two hours. The least Hilton could do is waive bag storage fees for a reasonable amount of times for diamonds if you won't give a checkout past 1 or 2
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
Originally Posted by arlflyer
As a side note, I find this thread (and associated ones involving hhonors emails) hilarious, because it consists of many people, myself included, complaining because we want more spam! How often do you see that happening?
I absolutely hate promotional e-mails. It's likely why I opted out of HHonors e-mails years ago. But, I agree with you; it's kind of funny that we're now all begging Erin to sign us back up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.