Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 11:07 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by beltway
Erin,

The Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa appears to be playing games with standard reward availability--as in it doesn't exist. Their base/standard room is the 1 King (non-sea view); although they're willing to sell these rooms for cash, there are no standard reward rooms available for any date in 2015. This property knows what it's doing, though, because they've made plenty of premium rooms available for award redemption.

How is this not a violation of the program rules? According to the HHonors T&C,
Hi beltway,

I'm in touch with my team about this now! I will share any updates I receive.

Cheers,
Erin
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi beltway,

I'm in touch with my team about this now! I will share any updates I receive.

Cheers,
Erin
Erin, I appreciate the response. Since this is a programmatic issue, please post any further followup here in the public forum. Thanks.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:46 pm

Erin,

The Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa appears to be playing games with standard reward availability--as in it doesn't exist. Their base/standard room is the 1 King (non-sea view); although they're willing to sell these rooms for cash, there are no standard reward rooms available for any date in 2015. This property knows what it's doing, though, because they've made plenty of premium rooms available for award redemption.

How is this not a violation of the program rules?
Erin,

It appears that this property has now fixed this & is making awards bookable for any standard room available for cash. However, it appears there's now a peak price (70K) & off-peak (50K) depending on the dates. Is this a recent program change? As I recall, all-inclusives previously charged a single point total per night & had no peak/off-peak pricing.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Erin,

It appears that this property has now fixed this & is making awards bookable for any standard room available for cash. However, it appears there's now a peak price (70K) & off-peak (50K) depending on the dates. Is this a recent program change? As I recall, all-inclusives previously charged a single point total per night & had no peak/off-peak pricing.
Hi beltway ,

To answer your question, all-inclusive resorts do not fall into our Standard Reward categories, but some still have seasonal on- and off-peak pricing. Seasonal Point Values for the All-Inclusive properties were implemented February 2014.

Thanks!
Erin
Old Mar 6, 2015, 4:32 pm

To answer your question, all-inclusive resorts do not fall into our Standard Reward categories, but some still have seasonal on- and off-peak pricing. Seasonal Point Values for the All-Inclusive properties were implemented February 2014.
Huh; I don't recall seeing Hilton ever announce that. (Of course, this was in the Dark Times before you arrived--indeed, before Anthony.)

Is there a published schedule, or do I just have to iterate through the Hilton rewards search tool?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Delta Diamond for 10 years(2004-2014),Hilton Gold,Club Carlson gold
Huh; I don't recall seeing Hilton ever announce that. (Of course, this was in the Dark Times before you arrived--indeed, before Anthony.)

Is there a published schedule, or do I just have to iterate through the Hilton rewards search tool?
Believe the only option is searching through the search engine.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hilton Gold; SPG/Marriott Gold; IHG Spire Ambassador
Deleted

Last edited by strikerr; Mar 10, 2015 at 1:52 pm
Old Mar 9, 2015, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by strikerr
Do you know if the Citi Hilton Reserve Free weekend night certificates can be used at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago?
This is not the right thread for your question. Let me gently suggest you look at this one (where the wiki answers your question) and this one (where you may wish to post any followup questions).
Old Mar 10, 2015, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by strikerr
Do you know if the Citi Hilton Reserve Free weekend night certificates can be used at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago? What is a standard room there?
Off topic, but I like helping people - the answer is yes, they can be redeemed there and a standard room is usually a 2-queen room or, if you are lucky, a king room. I have never seen kings available as standard when I was looking but I have bad luck and others have reported seeing them. Good luck!
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Agree with donnak. Every other company I deal with manages to send me one or more emails a day. Hilton should find out who handles their email.
I'd like to report that I have finally, for the first time ever, received a Hilton offer, after at least a decade of nothing. This is from Conrad, not from HHonors Shopping, which has no problem reaching out to me.

Not sure if Erin is the reason, but if so, thank you. So there is hope.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
I'd like to report that I have finally, for the first time ever, received a Hilton offer, after at least a decade of nothing. This is from Conrad, not from HHonors Shopping, which has no problem reaching out to me.

Not sure if Erin is the reason, but if so, thank you. So there is hope.
Happy to hear you're receiving our communications, toomanybooks! ^

Cheers,
Erin
Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Happy to hear you're receiving our communications, toomanybooks! ^

Cheers,
Erin
Send more!
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold,Hyatt Diamond
HHRep,

Now that there is a fairly new Premium Floor at Embassy Suites, suggest that HHonors adjust the terms and add an additional bullet to include access to Premium floor snacks/beverages for Diamonds similar to the wording for Hilton Hotels:

Embassy Suites Hotels™

1,000 HHonors Bonus Points per stay or three snack/refreshment choices per stay
"Premium Floor Snack/Beverage Access (available at select properties7)"
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kmwjes
HHRep,

Now that there is a fairly new Premium Floor at Embassy Suites, suggest that HHonors adjust the terms and add an additional bullet to include access to Premium floor snacks/beverages similar to the wording for Hilton Hotels:

Embassy Suites Hotels™

1,000 HHonors Bonus Points per stay or three snack/refreshment choices per stay
"Premium Floor Snack/Beverage Access (available at select properties7)"
Thanks for this feedback, kmwjes! I will share this with my team during our next call. ^

Cheers,
Erin
Old May 2, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Hi Erin,

I'd like to propose a suggestion for FT members to comment on as a potential item to discuss with your team:

1. Are HHonors members happy about the 5th night free, is it truly useful? I know it doesn't necessarily make me extend a stay just to take advantage of the extra free night. For me, I would rather see the 4th night free, that would in many cases cause me to stay at a property longer, which, will cause me to spend more money with that property.

2. If we could have a 4th night free, it would be great to change the AXON awards to three nights instead of four. I'm sure many people would book back to back AXON awards too.

What's everyone think, is it worth trying to persuade Hilton or is this a non-starter for most?

Last edited by fozziedoggie; May 4, 2015 at 8:53 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.