Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2015, 5:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by cjd
I also think this is needed. I would think that most Hhonors members have no idea how many stays they have had, never mind paid stays. Would certainly help if this info could be provided when members log into their Hhonors account, as well as details as to their Elite membership status over the years.
+1. Another vote for this. Similar to "Million Miler Progress" on airlines.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
Erin,

Some members are saying that they are able to get the number of paid nights by calling the CS line or Diamond Desk. Other, such as me, have been repeatedly told that the only way to get this information is to have a "file started" and that we will get a response in 7 to 10 days.

Can you give us the definitieve answer as to whether the number of paid nights a memeber has is available over the phone? What is the best way to find out how many paid nights a member has?

EDIT TO ADD: Clarification needed. (Note - edited a second time to remove the word "desperately" based on input from another poster.)

We now have someone reporting that they will need to wait 3 weeks - post follows:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomphot View Post
What email address did you use? My response was that they would let me know in 3 weeks

Last edited by DevilDawg1960; Feb 17, 2015 at 9:58 am
Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DevilDawg1960
Erin,

Some members are saying that they are able to get the number of paid nights by calling the CS line or Diamond Desk. Other, such as me, have been repeatedly told that the only way to get this information is to have a "file started" and that we will get a response in 7 to 10 days.

Can you give us the definitieve answer as to whether the number of paid nights a memeber has is available over the phone? What is the best way to find out how many paid nights a member has?
+1
Old Feb 17, 2015, 7:38 am

EDIT TO ADD: Clarification desperately needed.
We now have someone reporting that they will need to wait 3 weeks - post follows:
Dude, calm down. A week ago there was no such thing as lifetime Diamond status. I'm not saying that Hilton is operating as a model of efficiency here or that this is going to be a future business school case study example (well, maybe it will be, in terms of what not to do), but you either are or are not going to get status that will last you for decades. So give them their up to 3 weeks or whatever.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Dude, calm down. A week ago there was no such thing as lifetime Diamond status. I'm not saying that Hilton is operating as a model of efficiency here or that this is going to be a future business school case study example (well, maybe it will be, in terms of what not to do), but you either are or are not going to get status that will last you for decades. So give them their up to 3 weeks or whatever.
I apologize for causing you distress and appreciate your concern. I do not think that asking the "Official HHonors FlyerTalk Ambassador" for clarification on how to get information that is being used by HH to determine elegibility for a program is inappropriate.

HH announced the program and it is not unreasonable that participoants want to know where they stand. People are getting wildly different answers so getting an "official" definitive response is in order.

If they were not ready to roll out the program they were under no obligation to do so. Now that they have they need to be able to respond to legitimate inquiries.

By the way, my name is not Dude.

Last edited by DevilDawg1960; Feb 17, 2015 at 9:52 am
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:36 am

I apologize for causing you distress and appreciate your concern. I do not think that asking the "Official HHonors FlyerTalk Ambassador" for clarification on how to get information that is being used by HH to determine elegibility for a program is inappropriate.

HH announced the program and it is not unreasonable that participoants want to know where they stand. People are getting wildly different answers so getting an "official" definitive response is in order.

If they were not ready to roll out the program they were under no obligation to do son. Now that they have they need to be able to respond to legitimate inquiries.

By the way, my name is not Dude.
I wasn't referring to you asking for clarification, I was referring to the whole "desperately needed" thing. And cool, my name isn't Dude either. Was that supposed to be some hint at authority I'm supposed to defer to (guessing so given your user name)? No disrespect meant, just trying to lighten the mood.

Anyhow, completely in agreement that hilton could benefit from being more transparent and clear.

Last edited by arlflyer; Feb 17, 2015 at 11:18 am
Old Feb 17, 2015, 3:06 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Erin,

EDIT TO ADD: Clarification needed. (Note - edited a second time to remove the word "desperately" based on input from another poster.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomphot View Post
What email address did you use? My response was that they would let me know in 3 weeks
Hi there,

To receive your total paid nights count to date, please reach out to Customer Care or the Diamond Desk via phone or email to submit this request.

The response time is currently 7-10 business days.

Thanks!
Erin
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Guess we have to contact Hilton. Just sent an email.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 8:08 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Erin,

I'd like to suggest that corporate send out in some fashion some re-training materials, per my post just now:

Originally Posted by cblaisd

And it is oh-so-tiresome (and sometimes I think not worth the 250 points) to try to educate Hilton hotels' staffers on putting the bonus car in my folio. The night clerk had no clue whatsoever what I was talking about (par for the course) but then managed to inadvertently change my stay from points-and-points to points-and-miles.

When I attempted to fix with the morning clerk, he said "We've got your airline miles here for your stay." I said "No, I want points-and-points." He looked puzzled and said, "Why should you get double points?" Another clerk came over and said "You have points-and-miles in your Diamond profile." Which I do NOT.

Sigh.
The lack of any clue about the bonus car rental extra points option is endemic (I would say 95% of my stays at any of the brands).
Old Feb 20, 2015, 12:00 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Erin,

I'd like to suggest that corporate send out in some fashion some re-training materials, per my post just now:

The lack of any clue about the bonus car rental extra points option is endemic (I would say 95% of my stays at any of the brands).
Thanks for this feedback, cblaisd! I will definitely bring your point up during my next team meeting.

Cheers,
Erin
Old Feb 20, 2015, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Erin,

Can you please provide a response to the information request I posted here?

Hilton standards for in-room internet speeds?

Does Hilton have a corporate standard for what is an acceptable internet speed, upload and download?

Thanks
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:20 am

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Erin,

Does Hilton have a corporate standard for what is an acceptable internet speed, upload and download?

Thanks
You are not going to like this, I have talked with two GM's at Hilton's in Europe, they both told me Hilton standard for FREE internet is 0.50M down. Want more pay more no matter what status level.

On the other hand I'm at a Marriott property tonight - "Renaissance Brussels" as a Marriott gold I got their premium internet for free, that is 45M down.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by little_dc
You are not going to like this, I have talked with two GM's at Hilton's in Europe, they both told me Hilton standard for FREE internet is 0.50M down. Want more pay more no matter what status level.

On the other hand I'm at a Marriott property tonight - "Renaissance Brussels" as a Marriott gold I got their premium internet for free, that is 45M down.
It will be interesting to see if Hilton can maintain this grossly disparate level of service, relative to competitors, in the long term.

If they persist, it will be a compelling message communicating how little they care about their more loyal customers.

Erin,

Thanks
Originally Posted by txpenny
Here's the email response I received after complaining about the Embassy Suites' woeful internet service:

We are constantly monitoring the performance of all the hotels in the Hilton Portfolio of Brands and measuring them against high service and quality standards. ...
A more informed bump...

Erin, as you will note above, one member posted in the "post your speeds" thread a response received from Hilton making reference to "high service and quality standards" with respect to internet speeds.

Why can you not share with us here just what those standards are?

What does Hilton regard as too slow?

Last edited by Canarsie; Mar 2, 2015 at 1:16 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 10:18 am

Erin,

The Hilton Bodrum Turkbuku Resort & Spa appears to be playing games with standard reward availability--as in it doesn't exist. Their base/standard room is the 1 King (non-sea view); although they're willing to sell these rooms for cash, there are no standard reward rooms available for any date in 2015. This property knows what it's doing, though, because they've made plenty of premium rooms available for award redemption.

How is this not a violation of the program rules? According to the HHonors T&C,
Reward Stays are not subject to blackout dates or capacity controls, except for Points & Money Rewards....
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Erin,

Any progress on the internet speed issue?

Are you not permitted to respond to the request that you share with us what Hilton's standard is for acceptable internet speeds?

It will be interesting to see if Hilton can maintain this grossly disparate level of service, relative to competitors, in the long term.

If they persist, it will be a compelling message communicating how little they care about their more loyal customers.

A more informed bump...

Erin, as you will note above, one member posted in the "post your speeds" thread a response received from Hilton making reference to "high service and quality standards" with respect to internet speeds.

Why can you not share with us here just what those standards are?

What does Hilton regard as too slow?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.