Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2014, 4:16 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by mnredfox
I want to follow-up with a few posts I had about the negative experience lately I've had with the DD. I posted about how I was getting increasingly frustrated that when I would call for points issues (not posting, promos not posting, Amex bonus not posting etc) I would get DD agents that were rude and unhelpful in that they would open cases that would be open the obligatory 6-8 weeks upon which I would have to call again.

Anyway, HHR (Erin) reached out to me and had a very senior DD CS rep call me and reach out to me to apologize and offer her personal contact info to resolve the issue. The DD manager was very professional, knowledgeable, and personable. What she said was courteous, respectful, and at the same time acknowledged my frustrations and apologized for the issues. I was in fact pretty stunned to get this level of response as I don't consider myself that much of a Hilton VIP.

Anyway, I wanted to publicly say kudos to HHR (Erin) for taking the action to make this right (so much better than past FT HH reps) and THANK YOU. And also THANK YOU to the HH DD rep that reached out. That was fantastic service and you have restored my confidence in Hilton again. That being said, this experience helped me sway some folks to have a huge company meeting we are having at a Hilton.

Again, thanks Erin! ^
Hi mnredfox,

I'm happy we were able to help. ^

Please continue to reach out with any questions or suggestions for improvement!

Originally Posted by smmrfld
I had the exact same experience (am assuming you heard from Kathy). As a Diamond for more years than I can remember, I've set my expectation bar quite low and this was an extremely encouraging experience.

Kudos to Erin and Kathy for terrific customer service.
Thank you for sharing your experience, smmrfld!

Originally Posted by cblaisd
^

Indeed. That's why so many official HHonors reps in the past have left - and I don't blame them.

I am appreciative of the official presence here and am grateful for what they are able to do and understand that they can't fix everything.
Hi cblaisd,

I appreciate your patience and understanding! I don't plan on leaving anytime soon.

Cheers,
Erin
Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:05 pm
JBD

Hi Erin,

I wanted to make sure you saw the very alarming post in the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ct-2014-a.html thread, so that you could alert the appropriate department at Hilton. The post in question is number 75 and I'll cut and paste it below:

Originally Posted by myapologies
Hi, everyone.

I made an account on this forum to make you all aware of a blackhat forum where the selling of your cracked Hilton HHonors accounts are bought and sold.

I am a member of said forum, but I think that it is wrong that they are doing this to you all.

The website is http://leakforums.org or http://leak.sx. They're both the same website. Now, you'll have to create an account on the forum and then visit this forum thread http://leakforums.org/thread-367084. You can't see it without first making an account.

The thread looks like this
Quote:

Post: #1(This post was last modified: 10-27-2014 12:58 AM by Imperfectluck.) The Cheapest HHonor Hilton Bulk Available FAST and ONLINE
Currently Stocked on HHonorHilton accounts!
You can view what you can get with how many points by looking here, Points Catalogue. Remember these are cracked accounts thats why they are cheap, most them have been inactive and all are checked and I know exactly how much is in which. View things you could buy is say with 30k point account you can get a $50 Giftcard etc, for those who all don't know about HHonor Hilton. I'm pretty active so expect fast accounts, all are checked and I know how much are in which.

Payments BTC/PP only

30k-39k - $1.50 cents.
40k-49k - $2
50k-59k - $2.50
60k-69k - $3
70k-79k - $3.50
80k-89k - $4
90k-100k - $4.50

Please Post here then send me a PM. prices could vary.

T.O.S
1. I'am not responsible for what you choose to do with the accounts after purchase.
2. If account does not work moment after purchase a refund will be issued or replace with a new account.
The name of this seller is Imperfectluck.

Maybe presentation of some of this stuff to Hilton will make them a bit more motivated to fix things.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 1:57 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Erin,

When you have some free time, you should hook up with the Official National Car Rental representative and teach her a thing or two... she a grand total of 7 posts over 2 months and they're all very canned responses saying to call or email Customer Service.

Glad to have you around
Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
Erin,

When you have some free time, you should hook up with the Official National Car Rental representative and teach her a thing or two... she a grand total of 7 posts over 2 months and they're all very canned responses saying to call or email Customer Service.

Glad to have you around
Thanks for this feedback!

Cheers,
Erin
Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
Erin,

Can you please tell me if this rumor is true:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...es-europe.html

If this is the case, I am going to move my stay at the Waldorf in London to another property in December.

Thanks!
Hi there,

I appreciate your patience!

The Evening Offerings for Hilton Executive Lounges include a house wine selection based on the local market (at least one red and one white) and domestic beer.

Although there’s no universal standard to offer spirits, some properties choose to do so. Please continue to reach out with any questions!

Cheers,
Erin
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:34 am

Mystery Taxes On European Award Stays?

Erin -

I've brought this up in a couple of property-specific Europe threads, but wondering if you could shed any light on this from a brand perspective. On confirmations for points + money stays in Europe, there is language stating that "Taxes are included in the prices or indicated in the tax breakdown. However, you may be required to pay some additional taxes upon arrival at the hotel depending on the local regulations in force."

There have been anecdotal reports of properties charging various unquoted fees attributed to local taxes, even on points-only stays.

Would you be able to speak as to why Hilton properties in Europe (and possibly elsewhere, I just haven't checked) contain this extremely vague clause and the potential for undefined charges?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Erin -

I've brought this up in a couple of property-specific Europe threads, but wondering if you could shed any light on this from a brand perspective. On confirmations for points + money stays in Europe, there is language stating that "Taxes are included in the prices or indicated in the tax breakdown. However, you may be required to pay some additional taxes upon arrival at the hotel depending on the local regulations in force." There have been anecdotal reports of properties charging various fees attributed to local taxes.

Would you be able to speak as to why Hilton properties in Europe (and possibly elsewhere, I just haven't checked) contain this extremely vague clause and the potential for undefined charges?
Hi arlflyer,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm going to connect with my team about this, and I'll post any updates I receive!

Cheers,
Erin
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi there,

I appreciate your patience!

The Evening Offerings for Hilton Executive Lounges include a house wine selection based on the local market (at least one red and one white) and domestic beer.

Although there’s no universal standard to offer spirits, some properties choose to do so. Please continue to reach out with any questions!

Cheers,
Erin
Thanks!

And to clarify outside North America are those offerings to be complimentary? Or can a property opt to chose to charge for the beer wine?

I wish Hilton would make beer and wine complimentary at happy hour in the NA lounges.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Erin,

I know this has been brought up in the past, but as I am sure you aware Marriott made an announcement this week that ALL MR members will receive free wifi and Gold and Plats will receive the highest speed gratis.

With this newest announcement can you have your team revisit the possibility of giving Hilton diamond's the highest speed gratis. Marriott, SPG and Hyatt all give the highest speed for free to their equivalent of HH Diamond. This would be a benefit that would cost the property virtually nothing to give HH Diamonds and would make accessing the internet for business purposes a lot easier.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat,AS MVP Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat, Amtrak(all routes, VIA same, AUS 90%)
Once again

I must commend that staff at the Tokyo Conrad in particular with regard to F&B. On first two days, all hours, I ordered and received my favorite, French 75's(cognac and champagne, separate glasses on this occasion)with assumption they were comp outside of evening cocktail hours.

Imagine my surprise on day 3: the drink would be added to my folio: not complaining at all. It seems the staff took it upon themselves to comp outside of usual hours and only on third day did they choose not to.

Oh well, just down the street near the Fish Market one can purchase half-pints of Beam for about 400 yen. I am, after all, travelling on a budget.

Again, great staff working under GM Heinrich Graff at that property!
Old Oct 31, 2014, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!

And to clarify outside North America are those offerings to be complimentary? Or can a property opt to chose to charge for the beer wine?

I wish Hilton would make beer and wine complimentary at happy hour in the NA lounges.
Hi there,

Let me check on this one!

Erin,

I know this has been brought up in the past, but as I am sure you aware Marriott made an announcement this week that ALL MR members will receive free wifi and Gold and Plats will receive the highest speed gratis.

With this newest announcement can you have your team revisit the possibility of giving Hilton diamond's the highest speed gratis. Marriott, SPG and Hyatt all give the highest speed for free to their equivalent of HH Diamond. This would be a benefit that would cost the property virtually nothing to give HH Diamonds and would make accessing the internet for business purposes a lot easier.
I share all input regarding Tiered Internet with my team, and we appreciate the feedback you and other members of the community have contributed. As always, I will post any updates I'm provided here!

Thanks,
Erin
Old Oct 31, 2014, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jake108
I must commend that staff at the Tokyo Conrad in particular with regard to F&B. On first two days, all hours, I ordered and received my favorite, French 75's(cognac and champagne, separate glasses on this occasion)with assumption they were comp outside of evening cocktail hours.

Imagine my surprise on day 3: the drink would be added to my folio: not complaining at all. It seems the staff took it upon themselves to comp outside of usual hours and only on third day did they choose not to.

Oh well, just down the street near the Fish Market one can purchase half-pints of Beam for about 400 yen. I am, after all, travelling on a budget.

Again, great staff working under GM Heinrich Graff at that property!
Hi jake108,

I'm happy to hear about your experience! ^

Cheers,
Erin
Old Oct 31, 2014, 3:58 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Erin, could you look at and check on and respond to this
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...s-hhonors.html
please?

Thanks.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 5:24 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Erin,

Horses for courses, each Hilton left to do their own thing eg
Hilton, London, Park Lane, std speed free to HH-G ++ High Speed free to HH-D

I am more concerned when un-usable for looking at emails, airline websites, I do not think it is fair to expect hotels to have bandwidth that allows 2-parties in every room to stream movies.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Thanks!

I agree, but in the case of Massachusetts and perhaps other locales, this is illegal. The so-called "Happy Hour" law prohibits "free" alcohol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.