Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2014, 3:08 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi there,

Let me check in with my team about this! Thanks for flagging.

Cheers,
Erin
Can I "flag" something too? I know it's not exactly your bailiwick but when searching hilton.com for "Cali" it does not come up as a city. So the Hampton by Hilton Cali, Colombia can only be found by searching for Colombia.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 6:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Honolulu Hilton Waikiki - Room vs Exec floor?

Thanks in advance for opinions.

We are planning Hilton Waikiki. Can you say whether The Exec level rooms are worth the additional cost. I always use them at the LAX Hilton, but the lounge is just too small to accommodate all of those on the Exec floors, plus many members are bringing in entire families and other guests. My last 2 stays left me and others with nowhere to sit and it's not like there are containers available for grab 'n go.

I've read that this is also happening in at the HNL Hilton Waikiki.

Thanks
Old Oct 13, 2014, 7:08 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by underpressure
HHonorsrepresentative Are you going to comment on this mess?
Still nothing!
Old Oct 13, 2014, 7:47 pm

Programs: Hilton honors Diamond
Erin,
Your team was great helping with missing stay credit.
Thank you
Old Oct 14, 2014, 8:26 am

Still nothing!
And what do you expect them to do? This is the brand relations team, not the IT team. Obviously the Hilton website is a flaming trash heap but they can only do so much overnight. Someone at some level decided that this was a stopgap (hopefully, not permanent) means of slowing down nefarious behavior, so they implemented it. Hopefully they will soon come up with a better answer. But I don't know what good putting the screws to the brand ambassador about it does.

Sure, it would be good customer relations to acknowledge your complaint, but the most you are going to get is a "we are working on it" response or such. It's not like they're going to reveal their whole back-end security plan in public and give the hackers a head start on circumventing it.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:18 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Still nothing!
Originally Posted by arlflyer
And what do you expect them to do? This is the brand relations team, not the IT team. Obviously the Hilton website is a flaming trash heap but they can only do so much overnight. Someone at some level decided that this was a stopgap (hopefully, not permanent) means of slowing down nefarious behavior, so they implemented it. Hopefully they will soon come up with a better answer. But I don't know what good putting the screws to the brand ambassador about it does.

Sure, it would be good customer relations to acknowledge your complaint, but the most you are going to get is a "we are working on it" response or such. It's not like they're going to reveal their whole back-end security plan in public and give the hackers a head start on circumventing it.
Hi there,

Thanks for your patience. Please see my post within this thread!

Cheers,
Erin
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Can I "flag" something too? I know it's not exactly your bailiwick but when searching hilton.com for "Cali" it does not come up as a city. So the Hampton by Hilton Cali, Colombia can only be found by searching for Colombia.
Hi JohnnyColombia,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'm sharing this with my team today and will keep you posted with any updates!

Cheers,
Erin
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edr1971
Erin,
Your team was great helping with missing stay credit.
Thank you
Hi edr1971,

Happy we were able to assist! ^

Cheers,
Erin
Old Oct 14, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Erin
I want to thank you for being on this forum. You are very much appreciated.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by elkhornne
Erin
I want to thank you for being on this forum. You are very much appreciated.
Thank you, elkhornne!
Old Oct 23, 2014, 2:26 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Erin,

Can you please tell me if this rumor is true:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...es-europe.html

If this is the case, I am going to move my stay at the Waldorf in London to another property in December.

Thanks!
Old Oct 27, 2014, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I want to follow-up with a few posts I had about the negative experience lately I've had with the DD. I posted about how I was getting increasingly frustrated that when I would call for points issues (not posting, promos not posting, Amex bonus not posting etc) I would get DD agents that were rude and unhelpful in that they would open cases that would be open the obligatory 6-8 weeks upon which I would have to call again.

Anyway, HHR (Erin) reached out to me and had a very senior DD CS rep call me and reach out to me to apologize and offer her personal contact info to resolve the issue. The DD manager was very professional, knowledgeable, and personable. What she said was courteous, respectful, and at the same time acknowledged my frustrations and apologized for the issues. I was in fact pretty stunned to get this level of response as I don't consider myself that much of a Hilton VIP.

Anyway, I wanted to publicly say kudos to HHR (Erin) for taking the action to make this right (so much better than past FT HH reps) and THANK YOU. And also THANK YOU to the HH DD rep that reached out. That was fantastic service and you have restored my confidence in Hilton again. That being said, this experience helped me sway some folks to have a huge company meeting we are having at a Hilton.

Again, thanks Erin! ^
Old Oct 27, 2014, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox
I want to follow-up with a few posts I had about the negative experience lately I've had with the DD. I posted about how I was getting increasingly frustrated that when I would call for points issues (not posting, promos not posting, Amex bonus not posting etc) I would get DD agents that were rude and unhelpful in that they would open cases that would be open the obligatory 6-8 weeks upon which I would have to call again.

Anyway, HHR (Erin) reached out to me and had a very senior DD CS rep call me and reach out to me to apologize and offer her personal contact info to resolve the issue. The DD manager was very professional, knowledgeable, and personable. What she said was courteous, respectful, and at the same time acknowledged my frustrations and apologized for the issues. I was in fact pretty stunned to get this level of response as I don't consider myself that much of a Hilton VIP.

Anyway, I wanted to publicly say kudos to HHR (Erin) for taking the action to make this right (so much better than past FT HH reps) and THANK YOU. And also THANK YOU to the HH DD rep that reached out. That was fantastic service and you have restored my confidence in Hilton again. That being said, this experience helped me sway some folks to have a huge company meeting we are having at a Hilton.

Again, thanks Erin! ^
I had the exact same experience (am assuming you heard from Kathy). As a Diamond for more years than I can remember, I've set my expectation bar quite low and this was an extremely encouraging experience.

Kudos to Erin and Kathy for terrific customer service.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:55 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Hopefully they will soon come up with a better answer.
^

But I don't know what good putting the screws to the brand ambassador about it does.
Indeed. That's why so many official HHonors reps in the past have left - and I don't blame them.

I am appreciative of the official presence here and am grateful for what they are able to do and understand that they can't fix everything.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
Erin,

Can you please tell me if this rumor is true:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...es-europe.html

If this is the case, I am going to move my stay at the Waldorf in London to another property in December.

Thanks!
Hi ILovetheReds,

I am going to reach out to my team for some clarification here! Thanks in advance for your patience.

Cheers,
Erin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.