Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2014, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, UA Gold, HH Lifetime DIA, WoH Globalist
Lifetime Diamond (or at least a clear definition of legacy Diamond) would be great!
Old Nov 16, 2014, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
What would it really cost Hilton to offer Lifetime Diamond say after 10 consecutive years as a Diamond? IMO nothing, and they'd gain lifetime loyalty.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Is the Promotional Email problem Resolved?

Hi Erin, I haven't heard back on this issue so thought I would resurrect it again. As I have stated before, I receive absolutely no promotional emails from Hilton. I did receive a response that I wasn't eligible for the Jumpstart promotion but that really wasn't my point. Even the quarterly promotions which everyone is eligible for, are not sent to me. So I wondered if anyone is actually working on this problem. I shouldn't have to rely on the great folks at Flyertalk to find out there is an eligible promotion. As a loyal HHonors member, I feel I should hear from Hilton directly.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Agree with donnak. Every other company I deal with manages to send me one or more emails a day. Hilton should find out who handles their email.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 7:35 am

I was told by the other Hilton Rep (before Erin) that I was on the list via PM. I initially starting receiving Hilton emails, then they dropped again. Hilton's IT department must be real interesting. If the rest of Hilton was ran by the IT folks I'd be staying somewhere else.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 1:25 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by donnak
Hi Erin, I haven't heard back on this issue so thought I would resurrect it again. As I have stated before, I receive absolutely no promotional emails from Hilton. I did receive a response that I wasn't eligible for the Jumpstart promotion but that really wasn't my point. Even the quarterly promotions which everyone is eligible for, are not sent to me. So I wondered if anyone is actually working on this problem. I shouldn't have to rely on the great folks at Flyertalk to find out there is an eligible promotion. As a loyal HHonors member, I feel I should hear from Hilton directly.
I am a Diamonf member. I have been a HHOnors member for 21 years. I have NEVER received any emails about promotions! The last 2 years I have talked to at least 20 Hilton employees about this (including the HHonors representatives here). They all say that I'm set up to receive promotions and they all end by saying "From now I guarantee that you will receive the promotions". I still receive NOTHING!

THIS HAS TO BE FIXED!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 1, 2014, 1:47 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, SAS Diamond (*A Gold)
@runarbg

Same issue here. I only receive booking confirmation emails. Nothing else! I have subscribed to everything. I don't understand this. Why doesn't Hilton want to target me with their promotions?

I learn about all promotions here.

Erin, what do you think about this?
Old Dec 1, 2014, 7:11 am

Have never received a single email from Hilton regarding promotions.

Ironic that one of the few pieces of spam I actually want, I don't receive. Chase emails me about 500 times about the Freedom quarterly bonuses, including well after I've already signed up...
Old Dec 1, 2014, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi arlflyer,

I’m happy to explain. As taxes fluctuate by location, we include this verbiage to ensure we can collect local tax fees from our guests. As with any other paid transaction, hotels must comply with all local tax regulations.
Ok, thanks for this response...but it doesn't answer the question. The question is, why is Hilton unable to estimate these taxes and tell guests what they will be? This is done in every US jurisdiction I have seen - and yes, the taxes "fluctuate by location" here in the US too. But I've never seen a US property that can't quote them online.

It also doesn't answer the question of whether these taxes will be levied on award stays, which some posters have reported.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 2:47 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by donnak
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Agree with donnak. Every other company I deal with manages to send me one or more emails a day. Hilton should find out who handles their email.
Originally Posted by elkhornne
I was told by the other Hilton Rep (before Erin) that I was on the list via PM. I initially starting receiving Hilton emails, then they dropped again. Hilton's IT department must be real interesting. If the rest of Hilton was ran by the IT folks I'd be staying somewhere else.
Originally Posted by runarbg
I am a Diamonf member. I have been a HHOnors member for 21 years. I have NEVER received any emails about promotions! The last 2 years I have talked to at least 20 Hilton employees about this (including the HHonors representatives here). They all say that I'm set up to receive promotions and they all end by saying "From now I guarantee that you will receive the promotions". I still receive NOTHING!

THIS HAS TO BE FIXED!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by Frequie
@runarbg

Same issue here. I only receive booking confirmation emails. Nothing else! I have subscribed to everything. I don't understand this. Why doesn't Hilton want to target me with their promotions?

I learn about all promotions here.

Erin, what do you think about this?
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Have never received a single email from Hilton regarding promotions.

Ironic that one of the few pieces of spam I actually want, I don't receive. Chase emails me about 500 times about the Freedom quarterly bonuses, including well after I've already signed up...
Hi all,

We know this has been a reoccuring issue and we have been evaluating the current email opt-in process with our CRM (customer relationship management) team. We are working aggressively to solve these issues ASAP, and I will provide new updates as I receive them.

Thank you for your patience as I work with my team!

Cheers,
Erin
Old Dec 2, 2014, 2:50 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Ok, thanks for this response...but it doesn't answer the question. The question is, why is Hilton unable to estimate these taxes and tell guests what they will be? This is done in every US jurisdiction I have seen - and yes, the taxes "fluctuate by location" here in the US too. But I've never seen a US property that can't quote them online.

It also doesn't answer the question of whether these taxes will be levied on award stays, which some posters have reported.
Hi there,

Thanks for this clarification - I am following up with my team now!

Cheers,
Erin
Old Dec 2, 2014, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I've had this issue for a few years on my Diamond account. My wife gets more promo e-mails than I do and she has no status. Also have noticed once I sign up for a promo outside anything received directly by me (nothing) don't get the bonuses anyways such as current promo. Never pursued it since the "value" of HHonors points has fallen so much. E-mails to HHonors go unanswered. I'm pretty much on my own with Hilton.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 8:28 am

Premium internet

Hi Erin-

I know this is under discussion in 1-2 other threads, but if you can please share with your team that (in the opinion of at least one Diamond member), the idea to downgrade free Gold/Diamond internet to "standard" service and charge Golds/Diamonds for "premium" internet access is just about the worst decision Hilton could have made.

Free high-speed internet access is one of the most valuable benefits of my HH status. Is it sometimes used for personal reasons? Sure, but it's more often used as an essential part of my work.

I think the word that this is an official policy has not spread too far yet--I think many of your most frequent guests feel exactly the same way. Taking away free high-speed internet access from Golds/Diamonds is one of the stupidest changes that could possibly have been made to the HH program; I think if you ask others you will hear the same thing.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by clarence5ybr
Hi Erin-

I know this is under discussion in 1-2 other threads, but if you can please share with your team that (in the opinion of at least one Diamond member), the idea to downgrade free Gold/Diamond internet to "standard" service and charge Golds/Diamonds for "premium" internet access is just about the worst decision Hilton could have made.

Free high-speed internet access is one of the most valuable benefits of my HH status. Is it sometimes used for personal reasons? Sure, but it's more often used as an essential part of my work.

I think the word that this is an official policy has not spread too far yet--I think many of your most frequent guests feel exactly the same way. Taking away free high-speed internet access from Golds/Diamonds is one of the stupidest changes that could possibly have been made to the HH program; I think if you ask others you will hear the same thing.
Plus 1
Old Dec 5, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by clarence5ybr
Hi Erin-

Plus 2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.