Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:07 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by batdude
WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIGURE OUT WHETHER OR NOT A PROPERTY HAS AN EXECUTIVE LOUNGE?

Yes, that's in all caps for a reason. It's just stupid. This should be a selling point for the properties on hilton.com, not hidden here in some forum that I have to query just to find out if there is a lounge.

Why can't this be added to each and every (applicable) Hilton chain hotels website?
I usually just go to the area of the official Internet web site of each hotel property which describes the rooms; and if an Executive Room is listed, it typically states access to an executive lounge.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by batdude
i have another question.

WHY IS IT SO HARD TO FIGURE OUT WHETHER OR NOT A PROPERTY HAS AN EXECUTIVE LOUNGE?

Yes, that's in all caps for a reason. It's just stupid. This should be a selling point for the properties on hilton.com, not hidden here in some forum that I have to query just to find out if there is a lounge.

Why can't this be added to each and every (applicable) Hilton chain hotels website?

?????

doug
Second this. ^^

We shouldn't have to deduce the amenities featured at a given hotel by examining the names of the room types offered.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 7:45 am

DCC Charges / Scam

Also, going to pile on with another issue here that has been re-raised. At some properties, operators are utilizing dynamic currency conversion, a tool which charges guests in US dollars rather than local currency in return for a fee, usually 3-5%, which is more than most CC forex fees - particularly given that most savvy international travelers will be using no forex fee cards. This is done without warning or consent and sometimes in a manner where the transaction will already be fully processed and unable to be reversed immediately before the customer is even made aware.

In particular, this has been called out at one property in Europe several times. I first raised the issue almost a year ago here. At the time the manager (later in an email) chalked it up to a training issue and promised to fix it. Well, months later this property is still playing these games (see this thread) and management is unresponsive.

Erin, when we stay at Hilton properties part of what we are paying for is consistency and trust. This particular property, and probably others as well, are taking customers' on-file credit cards from their hhonors accounts and layering another charge on top without approval. This is a very, very serious matter in my opinion, far more serious and damaging to the brand than any quibbles over benefits, lounges, etc.

Would you be willing to speak to why Hilton allows this behavior to persist?
Old Nov 7, 2014, 7:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
But even "executive rooms" are no guarantee of an exec lounge in-house, so one would need to check out room description of exec room so learn about lounge....

(example: DT London Westend, DT Manchester - both with exec rooms, but no lounge)
Old Nov 7, 2014, 9:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Erin,

Have you gotten any feedback from the-powers-that-be on Lifetime Diamond or some sort of "retirement" benefit from HHonors?

I'm a longtime actual-stay Diamond (not a credit card one), and I've made status again for next year already... But my travel for work is sunsetting. I look forward to travel just on my own without it being a work trip, but once I lose Diamond and am dumped unglamously to nothing-status, I guess I don't see any reason to stay loyal to any chain.

For illustration, on airlines, I used to be United Gold, and went out of my way to book only that brand. Now that my points are used up, I'm not going to make status with them anymore (but still fly a decent amount), I just book whatever's convenient / cheapest / best for that particular trip.

I imagine hotels will be the same way for me in a year or so. Right now, if I'm spending a week in Hawaii with my family, darn betcha I'll go out of my way to be at the Embassy Suites Beachwalk. But without some sort of lifetime benefit, I suppose I'll look into other brands in the area.

Any thoughts or whispers of promise for those that have been loyal to the program all these years that want to stick with it in retirement?

TDM

PS: yes, I know, I could just lean on my credit card. Kinda lame though.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; IHG Platinum; Emerald Exec Elite
A HUGE thank you to Erin! I made a 7-night reservation at the Hilton Moorea using points and money and then had to change the stay to only 4 nights. By then, there were no longer any points dates available, so I could not modify the reservation online (I know, big mistake to not book each date separately so I could cancel any dates I didn't need). I contacted the Diamond desk, who couldn't help. I contacted the resort, including the Reservations Manager and the GM, and neither could help (the GM tried to help and even called Hilton Honors for me but couldn't get it changed). So I contacted Erin, who was able to contact the necessary people to get it fixed for me. This is great customer service. Thank you Erin!
Old Nov 14, 2014, 8:18 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that I'm still working on your questions/pending issues!

Thanks for your patience, and I will post updates as soon as I can.

Cheers,
Erin
Old Nov 14, 2014, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Erin -

I've brought this up in a couple of property-specific Europe threads, but wondering if you could shed any light on this from a brand perspective. On confirmations for points + money stays in Europe, there is language stating that "Taxes are included in the prices or indicated in the tax breakdown. However, you may be required to pay some additional taxes upon arrival at the hotel depending on the local regulations in force."

There have been anecdotal reports of properties charging various unquoted fees attributed to local taxes, even on points-only stays.

Would you be able to speak as to why Hilton properties in Europe (and possibly elsewhere, I just haven't checked) contain this extremely vague clause and the potential for undefined charges?
Hi arlflyer,

I’m happy to explain. As taxes fluctuate by location, we include this verbiage to ensure we can collect local tax fees from our guests. As with any other paid transaction, hotels must comply with all local tax regulations.

There should be no charge discrepancies. If you feel you are experiencing otherwise, please feel free to reach out via PM and my team can assist!

Thanks,
Erin
Old Nov 14, 2014, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AtlantaAngel
A HUGE thank you to Erin! I made a 7-night reservation at the Hilton Moorea using points and money and then had to change the stay to only 4 nights. By then, there were no longer any points dates available, so I could not modify the reservation online (I know, big mistake to not book each date separately so I could cancel any dates I didn't need). I contacted the Diamond desk, who couldn't help. I contacted the resort, including the Reservations Manager and the GM, and neither could help (the GM tried to help and even called Hilton Honors for me but couldn't get it changed). So I contacted Erin, who was able to contact the necessary people to get it fixed for me. This is great customer service. Thank you Erin!
Hi there,

I'm happy we were able to assist, and I hope you enjoy your trip! ^

Cheers,
Erin
Old Nov 16, 2014, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Erin,

Have you gotten any feedback from the-powers-that-be on Lifetime Diamond or some sort of "retirement" benefit from HHonors?
I would love to know too.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 12:48 am

Programs: UA LT GS 4.2 MM, AA Gold 1MM, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox
I would love to know too.
I am also waiting to here about this
Old Nov 16, 2014, 1:47 am

Programs: AA Plt, HH Diamond, IHG Plt
Lifetime Diamond also interests me and I hope you offer it. American airlines and some hotel programs have life time status and that seems to be working for them.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 8:41 am
wjj

Programs: Former long time AA EXP and CK - 4 MM; Now LTPL; Hilton Diamond; UA Platinum
Originally Posted by ernie8575
Lifetime Diamond also interests me and I hope you offer it. American airlines and some hotel programs have life time status and that seems to be working for them.
+1.....I am a long time Executive Platinum and lifetime Platinum on AA. Having lifetime Platinum status on AA will definitely influence which airline I will fly when I retire in the not too distant future. I have been an HH Diamond for 12 straight years and lifetime status would influence where I would stay on all the trips I take after retirement. Seems to me that HH is passing up a way to keep many of us road warriors loyal to HH after we slow down and start enjoying life again. For me personally, I would probably just run off my HH points and focus on maintaining SPG gold which to me is better than HH Gold (largely because of the 4:00 checkout) and at 10 stays per year, will be be easy to maintain even in retirement.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 10:53 am

Programs: United 1K, Hilton Diamond
Today I attempted to make a reservation on line only to discover that my account was hacked. They had changed my username, password, address, and credit card info. This was done on November 13, 2014. I was never notified of any changing. Oh BTW they took 300,000 points out of my account at the same time. When I called to declare the fraud, they said the points were used to purchase something at Maritz (whoever they are). and that I was to call this company to correct it.

HH has since restored my points but when I went to change my info, it would not do so unless I put in a credit card #. I do not want to do this as it is clear that HH cannot control hackers. I should have at least been notified of a change. I have been told that they can't make changes without putting a CC on file. Why can't they just remove the CC info? As a diamond member for many years I am upset with the cavalier attitude of HH over this matter. Needless to say putting a CC on file is the LAST thing I want to do.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kwsunset
Today I attempted to make a reservation on line only to discover that my account was hacked. They had changed my username, password, address, and credit card info. This was done on November 13, 2014. I was never notified of any changing. Oh BTW they took 300,000 points out of my account at the same time. When I called to declare the fraud, they said the points were used to purchase something at Maritz (whoever they are). and that I was to call this company to correct it.

HH has since restored my points but when I went to change my info, it would not do so unless I put in a credit card #. I do not want to do this as it is clear that HH cannot control hackers. I should have at least been notified of a change. I have been told that they can't make changes without putting a CC on file. Why can't they just remove the CC info? As a diamond member for many years I am upset with the cavalier attitude of HH over this matter. Needless to say putting a CC on file is the LAST thing I want to do.

OMG! thats awful.
Guess the captcha isnt the answer. Im sorry that happened to you....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.