Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official Honors FlyerTalk Ambassador

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi little_dc,

Thank you for reaching out. We do not have blackout dates with Standard Room Rewards.

Standard Room Rewards at The Highland Dallas are available for most of the month. Is there a particular date you’re interested in? A site search for next Saturday shows availability. At the bottom you will see the Standard Room Reward Rate.

We flagged internally that Standard Room Rewards were not being offered at the Conrad London St. James and now this glitch has been corrected in the system. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Thanks,
Erin
Thanks Erin! The Highland was fixed a few days back. Thanks for looking into the Conrad. I see the KING SUPERIOR ROOM at the Conrad London St. James for 80K and 32,000 HHonors Points +Ł98 year round.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 8:31 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by little_dc
Hi Erin, In the past you said "We have introduced at some hotels premium Wi-Fi internet access which requires a payment, but standard Wi-Fi internet access is available complimentary for all Gold and Diamond HHonors members. This is all of the information I have been provided, but if anything changes or I hear anything further, I will be sure to let you know! "

So that is no longer true? Paying $25 per day for Internet is not complimentary.
Hi little_dc,

Thank you for the follow-up. The HHonors T&C’s state that some Gold and Diamond member benefits may not be offered complimentary at properties with a resort charge, which includes Internet access. Please see the excerpt on this below.
Complimentary In-Room and Lobby Wi-Fi Internet Access during stays at Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Embassy Suites Hotels™ and Hilton Grand Vacations™.*

*In-Room Internet Access, Fitness Center / Health Club Access, In-Room Movie and Bottled Water benefits may not be complimentary at properties with a resort charge.
If you have any additional feedback to share, feel free to send me a PM, would be happy to share your thoughts with the broader team.

Thanks!
Erin
Old Sep 5, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Hi little_dc,

Thank you for the follow-up. The HHonors T&C’s state that some Gold and Diamond member benefits may not be offered complimentary at properties with a resort charge, which includes Internet access. Please see the excerpt on this below.
Complimentary In-Room and Lobby Wi-Fi Internet Access during stays at Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Embassy Suites Hotels™ and Hilton Grand Vacations™.*

*In-Room Internet Access, Fitness Center / Health Club Access, In-Room Movie and Bottled Water benefits may not be complimentary at properties with a resort charge.
If you have any additional feedback to share, feel free to send me a PM, would be happy to share your thoughts with the broader team.

Thanks!
Erin
What benefits does diamond status get you at a property with a resort fee outside of the free breakfast (and in the case of a place like the Tropicana the breakfast is no nasty I would eat elsewhere anyway) and a few extra bonus points that someone with no status doesn't get?

Seeing the resort fee is covering the things diamond's are suppo9se to get anyway, Hilton should waive the resort fees at those properties that charge it.

If the resort fee can't be waived then how about giving diamond's some extra benefits to make up for it? Offer diamonds a GUARANTEED 4 p.m. checkout (something that should be done at all Hilton properties IMO anyway), comp the fastest speed wifi available (again something else that all properties should be doing for diamonds anyway) and offering a full hot breakfast? These suggestions are all things Hyatt does for their diamonds at properties without a resort fee.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
What benefits does diamond status get you at a property with a resort fee outside of the free breakfast (and in the case of a place like the Tropicana the breakfast is no nasty I would eat elsewhere anyway) and a few extra bonus points that someone with no status doesn't get?

Seeing the resort fee is covering the things diamond's are suppo9se to get anyway, Hilton should waive the resort fees at those properties that charge it.

If the resort fee can't be waived then how about giving diamond's some extra benefits to make up for it? Offer diamonds a GUARANTEED 4 p.m. checkout (something that should be done at all Hilton properties IMO anyway), comp the fastest speed wifi available (again something else that all properties should be doing for diamonds anyway) and offering a full hot breakfast? These suggestions are all things Hyatt does for their diamonds at properties without a resort fee.
Personally I don't believe Hilton Corporate really cares about giving Diamond any extra benefits. They are typical corporate types who care more about the bottom line than their customers.

Having a Diamond Rep monitor this site is great, but I don't expect much to come from it. They can only report how we feel and what we'd like to see changed. The ones that can make the decisions really don't care. IMO!
Old Sep 5, 2014, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by elkhornne
Personally I don't believe Hilton Corporate really cares about giving Diamond any extra benefits. They are typical corporate types who care more about the bottom line than their customers.

Having a Diamond Rep monitor this site is great, but I don't expect much to come from it. They can only report how we feel and what we'd like to see changed. The ones that can make the decisions really don't care. IMO!
I think anyone could see that when they actually would put down:

The corporate guy who came up with that little gem above probably is sitting there and thinking... "How much more clear do I need to be? I am telling them that the free stuff that came with elite benefits will need to be paid and they are not free. Which part do they don't understand??"
Old Sep 5, 2014, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Need
I think anyone could see that when they actually would put down:

The corporate guy who came up with that little gem above probably is sitting there and thinking... "How much more clear do I need to be? I am telling them that the free stuff that came with elite benefits will need to be paid and they are not free. Which part do they don't understand??"
In Room Movies are only a benefit at WA's. Do some WA's charge a resort fee?

The thing that really concerns me with this language, is will properties that charge the resort fee start phasing out some of the benefits that is included in the resort fee and start charging. That would be very insulting to stay at a Hilton Property as a diamond, get stuck with a $20 a day resort fee and then told they don't give out free bottled water to any guest and be able to get out of giving the two free bottles to gold and diamond's due to the disclaimer. Or saying the resort fee gives you discounted access to the health club and requiring gold's and diamonds to pay the "discounted" fee.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by elkhornne

I don't necessarily agree with this. Extra Benefits = More satisfied customers. In theory, marketing expense at the properties should decrease because a stronger program with satisfied repeat customer means they can spend less in marketing to new guests. Also, more satisfied customers are more willing to pay higher room rates (ala SPG) and spend more money on high margin items on property. The increased revenue from higher rates combined with decreased marketing costs for satisfied repeat customers = an increase in the bottom line to please Hilton corporate.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 9:12 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
In Room Movies are only a benefit at WA's. Do some WA's charge a resort fee?

. . .
Yes. The Grand Wailea Maui, a W=A property, charges a resort fee.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:34 am

Programs: DL GE
Hi little_dc,

Thanks!
Erin
We know, this is the problem. It is complimentary at other facilities. Just because the property wants to use airline pricing models, why are we punished for it?

Get rid of the resort fees, add $10 to the room rates and give us our free stuff letting non-status guests pay for the Intertubes and gym if it is that fancy..

It is all psychological ya know?
Old Sep 7, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by milesmilesmiles
Anthony

Any updates on this property (HI downtown near Moscone Center)? Website says the following. Thanks

"This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands but is not yet accepting reservations. It is scheduled to open in September 2014."
Just checked the Hilton website, and looks like the opening has been pushed out to October 2014
Old Sep 7, 2014, 12:09 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
I realize some changes to HH language and practice are frustrating.

HOWEVER - please don't attack the HHR or make personal comments about their role. The rep is here as a Hilton rep and blaming him/her for changes is counterproductive AND against the "personal attack" rule on FT.
Thanks

squeakr

co MOD HH
Old Sep 8, 2014, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by sapguy
Just checked the Hilton website, and looks like the opening has been pushed out to October 2014
It was supposed to open in June. It's been delayed month-by-month since then.

Time to start a betting pool on when/if they finally get around to opening it?
Old Sep 8, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by sethb
It was supposed to open in June. It's been delayed month-by-month since then.

Time to start a betting pool on when/if they finally get around to opening it?
I'm sure it won't be October. If it was they would be taking reservations by now.

I hope they aren't like the other Hilton properties in SF and opt out of the quarterly promos.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Well this brings up the resort fee issue again which was never answered from my (and others) July 17 post

RESORT FEES

Since benefits of being a diamond member are free internet, free health club, free paper etc., there are usually not many benefits left for the resort fee to cover. As stated in July 17, I understand why the resort fee but don't appreciate it. I'd rather have a higher room rate for everyone, no resort fee and get my benefits--as it stands now, it gives the impression of Hilton being chintzy and taking away benefits compared to what we have experienced at these same properties before.

Lets just call a spade a spade, it's just a money grab. More owners are getting smart on how to side step the Hhonors program and Hilton isnt doing anything to stop them. More rev for the hotel means more rev for Hilton. The hotels can blame Corp and Corp can blame the individule hotel. It's a win-win for them and lose-lose for their loyal customers.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 3:40 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Bama87
Lets just call a spade a spade, it's just a money grab. More owners are getting smart on how to side step the Hhonors program and Hilton isnt doing anything to stop them. More rev for the hotel means more rev for Hilton. The hotels can blame Corp and Corp can blame the individule hotel. It's a win-win for them and lose-lose for their loyal customers.
I guess the fine print is better than just saying: The following benefits are complimentary unless we charge you for them!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.